Working tow mirror upgrade!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I just want to post about my successful mirror upgrade

truck-2014 Express quad cab with factory power heated mirrors

upgrade mirrors-tow mirrors with blinkers, puddle lamps, power and heated, factory but bought on ebay from salvage dealer

door modules-FACTORY modules, unchanged, part numbers below

left side - p68155771ad
right side - p68155770ad

sales codes- "LEB" and "LEC" (separate codes for blinkers and puddles, found online)

had truck flashed today, tech had not done this swap before and i had to provide the sales codes to him.

installed mirrors and they are now fully functional, i had tested the mirrors BEFORE i had the truck flashed and the lighting did not work.

not sure if it was the sales codes that we used or if i have different modules then some of the others who have tried this swap and been unable to get the lighting to function.

hopefully this gives some guidance to people looking to makes this swap!

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm gonna have to try this out! Are these the folding tow mirrors like on the 2500 and 3500s?

Also, can we see some pictures? I'm curious as to what you mean by door module so I can check my own and see if I can do this mod, because I want the big tow mirrors on my truck.

Last edited:

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
i'm getting mine installed tomorrow, but they're just power & heated. i'm kinda nervous, dont want the tech to mess up my doors when taking the panels out.

also, post up some pics!

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
May I ask where you two got your mirrors? My truck is a 14 and I want to make sure I get the correct ones because I've heard the 13+ have a temp sensor while the 12- don't.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! Mine are just power and heat too...curious if those sales codes will make everything work on mine.

OP
OP
B

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
supertrooper - these are the tow mirrors typically seen on a 2500-3500 and you do need to make sure your drivers side mirror has the temperature sensor built in so a 2013+ mirror only. i purchased mine on ebay from a salvage yard, i can search and send you some links in a PM if you would like.

hemiroar - do you mean the you are having tow mirrors put on that are only power and heat? if your truck has power and heated standard mirrors you wont have to program the truck, those options worked on my tow mirrors before i had the truck flashed (had one mirror a few days before the second one was delivered)

also, the "power folding" mirrors that you linked to will be much more complicated to install and make functional, if your truck didnt come from the factory with "power folding" mirrors you will have to replace the module and the door mounted switch....

i'll post some pictures in a bit..

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
supertrooper - these are the tow mirrors typically seen on a 2500-3500 and you do need to make sure your drivers side mirror has the temperature sensor built in so a 2013+ mirror only. i purchased mine on ebay from a salvage yard, i can search and send you some links in a PM if you would like.

hemiroar - do you mean the you are having tow mirrors put on that are only power and heat? if your truck has power and heated standard mirrors you wont have to program the truck, those options worked on my tow mirrors before i had the truck flashed (had one mirror a few days before the second one was delivered)

also, the "power folding" mirrors that you linked to will be much more complicated to install and make functional, if your truck didnt come from the factory with "power folding" mirrors you will have to replace the module and the door mounted switch....

i'll post some pictures in a bit..

yep, I was just saying that I didn't want the tech to mess up the installation and scratch the paint or something. I went with all black heated & power mirrors - same as my stock mirrors, so yes, no flash required.

Just wanted to show him site where I got mine, I'm sure A1 can get him tow mirrors with his options.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having a little trouble finding just some power/heat black tow mirrors for a 13-14. If you guys come across some, let me know!

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I'm having a little trouble finding just some power/heat black tow mirrors for a 13-14. If you guys come across some, let me know!

hey bud, get in touch with tony at A1, let him know what you're looking for..he should be able to keep you updated on their inventory.

OP
OP
B

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
i have yet to see a pair of power/heat only tow mirrors, all that i have seen are either all manual tow or power with blinker/puddles/heat.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. OP - still kind of hopeful that I could be as lucky as you. Is there anyway you can take pictures of the connectors and door modules that yours has?

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright guys, I just pulled off my panels on my 2014 Express, I have the same door modules as the OP, and have pins where the puddle/signal light plugs in.

I will be ordering some tow mirrors in the next few weeks and will let everyone know if the sales code flash makes them work.

It could be one small step for Ram, one giant leap for Ramkind!

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to add confirmation to this....had mine flashed with the 2 codes today, everything is functional!

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet! Now I just need to get your mirror and find a passenger and do the swap!

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Someone needs to make this a sticky for those who want to do the upgrade with signals and puddles...

HeavyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey guys, have a '14 2500 MC 6.7 and it came with the black power folding non-tow mirrors w/lights. I picked up some fold out tow mirrors from 1A Auto. They have the puddle lights, blinkers and DS ambient sensor installed.

The good: Cable harness connectors plugged right into the door control modules. No CEL - the temp sensor works fine, both puddle lights work as well as the blinkers.

The bad: The motor controls work fine with the mirrors in normal position. If I flip the mirrors out, the mirrors controls are 180deg out.

I can live with the controls being out, but wondering if anyone knows if a dealer flash would correct it. I suppose it would partially depend on whether the mirrors have the same vert/horizontal position sensor as the Mopar mirrors.

edit: BTW, my power folding mirrors are for sale if anyone's looking. Only 500mi on them :)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Short hi-jack------
I have a 2013 1500 laramie with the tow mirrors with turn, puddle, heated, power, with the chrome back. Want to trade for standard size mirrors with same options but afraid they won't work properly without changing the door modules and some wiring. Don't care about the power fold as the tow mirrors aren't power fold anyway. Drivers side has temp sensor. Anyone???????
Jay