wounded 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whitehemiram

whitehemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
it looks like its about 1mm shorter then the other. we put 2 down on a glass table and you can see it's shorter but its a stock rod and the end is wore pretty bad

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
it looks like its about 1mm shorter then the other. we put 2 down on a glass table and you can see it's shorter but its a stock rod and the end is wore pretty bad

I would say that to be your problem. The good news is if it is a 5.7 push rod then they are cheap to buy, plus pretty much anyone who has done a cam install has replaced their old 5.7 push rods with plenty laying around in garages. Check with folks in your area to see if anyone has any they can give you. If all fail send me a PM and I'll send you some spares.
Note: Not to insult you, but you are aware that the exhaust and intake push rods are different lengths?

OP
OP
whitehemiram

whitehemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would say that to be your problem. The good news is if it is a 5.7 push rod then they are cheap to buy, plus pretty much anyone who has done a cam install has replaced their old 5.7 push rods with plenty laying around in garages. Check with folks in your area to see if anyone has any they can give you. If all fail send me a PM and I'll send you some spares.
Note: Not to insult you, but you are aware that the exhaust and intake push rods are different lengths?

lol yes I am very aware I swapped it with the intake rod next to it if I am right the exhaust are 7.825 the intake are 6.600. no offence take at all thanks for your help again