Wrong Husky Mud Guards From AMAZON for 2014 Express Quad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered front and rear Husky mud guards from Amazon over a month ago from 2 different sellers because of inventory at the time. So today I went to install them and the profile fits but the holes don't line up. I looked at the boxes from 2 different sellers and they both say for Full size trucks with OEM flares. Because more than a month has passed I can't return them. I am not going to drill new holes.

Anyone else have this problem or can explain the differences between what I got and what I need ?

Thanks

mud%20guards_zpstny9kx8t.jpg

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the exact same ones on my 2014 Laramie and they fit perfect. The 58181 are for the front and I just had to remove and re-install two of the flare screws.. holes lined up fine. The 57161 are for the rear. Again, I had to remove and re-install two of the flare screws and then drill a hole in the plastic wheel-well liner for a 3rd screw. They were very easy to install, took about 30 min.

I just looked at your post title... did your 14 Express come with OEM flares?

OP
OP
v10enomous

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So your Laramie has the OEM flares ?

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ram Man nailed it. The Express models don't have flares.
You need #57151 and #58171

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
amazon will take them back if it took that long to get them to you as opposed to you having them for a month before deciding to install them, they may exchange them anyway even if you did wait. If delivery was delayed then tracking info will help your case but in my experience amazon is the walmart of the internet. Just open a support chat session and ask.

OP
OP
v10enomous

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A friend of a friend of mine just got a new Laramie so i'm seeing if he can use them. The one set is still returnable but the one that came directly from Amazon LLC is not but if I can't get rid of them locally, I'll open a case with amazon. It will probably be at least $15 to ship them back. It's really no big deal and just more of a hassle than anything.

I went back and looked at the Amazon fit checker and while it says they fit my stored vehicle it also says that they fit trucks with OEM flares in the small text description. I don't recall looking at the text because it said they fit. Had I read it I may have concluded that it also fit with OEM flares rather than only fits with flares. Lesson learned.

Notes: Chrome Tube Steps: Vehicle does not have Tube Steps, Chrome Tube Steps: Vehicle has Chrome Tubular Side Steps (not Wheel-To-Wheel style), Fits models with fender flares., Fits models with factory fender flares., OE Fender Flares: Vehicle Has OE Fender Flares, Tech Info: Front mud guards for your Ram Regular Cab, Quad Cab, Crew Cab or Mega Cab truck equipped with OEM fender flares. Note: Fender Flares are additional trim pieces that are attached to the wheel well opening of the vehicle.