wrong oil pressure switch 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram 5.7 longhorn needed to replace oil pressure switch. picked one up, part # PS 401 Duralast. I get my tools and the first thing I noticed was old took a much smaller socket than the new, I broke the female plug in side off by accident, anyway I finally get the old out and it is totally different than the replacement, Its a 2 prong, the new is a 3 prong, the threads are bigger on the old one. I called parts house and several others, they all keep telling me the Ps 401 is the correct part, IT IS NOT CORRECT. I searched online parts places the pictures are all like the Ps 401 which is not correct for my truck. Any suggestions or input, thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2013 ram 5.7 longhorn needed to replace oil pressure switch. picked one up, part # PS 401 Duralast. I get my tools and the first thing I noticed was old took a much smaller socket than the new, I broke the female plug in side off by accident, anyway I finally get the old out and it is totally different than the replacement, Its a 2 prong, the new is a 3 prong, the threads are bigger on the old one. I called parts house and several others, they all keep telling me the Ps 401 is the correct part, IT IS NOT CORRECT. I searched online parts places the pictures are all like the Ps 401 which is not correct for my truck. Any suggestions or input, thanks
Are you sure you're replacing the right sensor,the oil temp sensor is also in the same vicinity as the pressure sensor.Pics of which sensor you're replacing would help

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

georob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you Wild one, I never even thought of that, but that is first thing Im going to check out tomorrow I would bet a paycheck I have been messing with the temp. sw. instead of oil pressure sw. I will let you know thanks again

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you Wild one, I never even thought of that, but that is first thing Im going to check out tomorrow I would bet a paycheck I have been messing with the temp. sw. instead of oil pressure sw. I will let you know thanks again
The pressure sensor is on the front of the engine,and the temp sensor is just above the oil filter

OP
OP
G

georob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning sir, thank you again for your input. Now I am replacing both temp. and press. LOL I appreciate you