YOUR 2ND CHOISE if there was no ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd go with the Cadillac Escalade EXT. The engine runs forever and my RAM rides like my 07 Escalade did. Super smooth.

Norseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So ok guys, what would have been your 2nd choice if there was no ram option, what truck would you have right now in your garage ?
I'll go first GMC Sierra 6.2 .
I'd have to go with the F150. Won't own a GM product again after the way they are treating their salary retirees. GM promised me paid life insurance when I retired, then took it away after a few years. I have no interest in doing business with a corrupt bunch of liars. I used to sell several GM products every year. We'll see who loses more money in the long run.

Will S

Reaction score
Ram Year
TBD
Engine
When I was truck shopping in early 2020, I test drove several Rams and F150's. There was a lot to like about both trucks, but I ruled out the RAM due to all the posts about engine problems on the newer ones, and I ruled out GM products (probably forever) since I was in a Sierra 1500, and it nearly drove me drink, with all the constant annoying problems.

I chose the F150 Lariat, 3.5EB. Couple little things I wish it had, like ability to use rear facing camera while driving, but no problems to date.

jptsr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So ok guys, what would have been your 2nd choice if there was no ram option, what truck would you have right now in your garage ?
F150. If I don’t get a Rivian as my next truck the F150 will be it.

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had too, I would go simple and just purchase a Tundra. I really liked all my past Toyotas.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
F-250 Tremor 7.3 gas on Carli Pin Top suspension
Does Carli make great suspension set-ups?
I'm new to that stuff. How you you rank it one to ten, ten being outstanding?
Thanks.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I had my heart set on a 4th Gen Ram. Test drove 3 of them over a period of about 12 months, didn't find one I really liked and started to consider my second choice... A GMC Sierra in a light color with chrome trim, but then my Ram finally showed up on the dealer's lot.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was a Chevy guy before I started buying RAM in 2013 and I'm now on my third one ... But I have to agree with another poster on here that the new design of the Chev's are ugly ... Having said that, I would look at a new GMC Sierra Denali ...