Zone Body Lift Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Took a little longer than expected but got the Zone 1.5 BL installed.

The instructions actually suck. Zone leaves out a lot of steps. Also not in the correct order, but it's easily figured out. Now since I have done it on this model, doing it again would only take about 4 hrs. Mine took 8 keeping it slow, taking breaks, and figuring out the rear bumper relocation. I was being very careful with the front/rear disassembly & reassembly to avoid any dings, or scratches.

With Impact tools for cab and bed bolts, majority of your time will be focused on the front, and rear end relocation.

RCX has better detailed instructions than the Zone kit, and you may want to refer to these as opposed to the Zone instructions.

If your about to install this and have questions let me know. It was the perfect weekend to get it done, as it's been pouring rain nonstop for the past few days.

Here are a couple pics I took of just the cab lifted in comparison to the stock height bed.

I will try and get some better pics when weather clears up in a few days.

Maxed 5100's are next (waiting for them to be back in stock), then rims/tires...

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 203
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 194
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
any side pics after for comparison, I have the PA 3inch BL and the instructions were great. step by step. front bumper is worse than the rear!

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I envy you guys .... every time I see your trucks all apart I just say to my self HELL NO ! lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
That's gonna look sweet. I've been eyeing the 1.25 or 1.5 body lifts also. Thanks for the write up!

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Got some pics today. Its a small difference but after the 5100's are installed, it will be worth the effort.

Fender measurements after BL / Rear 40 3/4 front 38 1/4.

The font end was very simple, rear was a bit of a PITA for me. I ve done suspension lifts and BL on older trucks, but with the right tools and an extra set of hands anyone could do this.

This truck hides a BL very well!

Things you'll need are:

Socket set with extensions up to 10" for body bolts (1/2" drive preferred for body bolts)
breaker bar (or air tools)
Cutting wheel, or saws-all, even a dremel will work
Torque wrench
Jack
Wood blocks (4x4 works best, I used two 10" and one 22" 4x4)
Drill bits (step bit up to 1/2" makes drilling brackets easier / cutting oil will help)
Thread locker
Small sledge
Clamps or vice grips
Spray paint to prevent rust on drilled and cut surfaces

Attachments

• 1.5BL.jpg
    1.5BL.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3,635
  • ram 1.5.jpg
    ram 1.5.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I envy you guys .... every time I see your trucks all apart I just say to my self HELL NO ! lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I would rather have my hands on it, then give it to a shop, plus puts more $ in my pocket. It's not hard to install these parts...

Ruffrider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have to relocate your exhaust tips? Do you have any photos of the back bumper relocated without the tips being relocated?

Ruffrider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you need the gap guards? Most people say you don't with the 1.5 inch body lift, by The looks of it it looks like they are covered pretty good without gap guards

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I'm not mistaken, the bumper relocation takes care of the gaps so you don't need gap guards, correct?

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The gap guards are for the wheel wells in the bed. All the new Rams have these there anyways, i cant see a 1.5" BL causing an issue. I would like to see how the hitch and exhaust looks tho..

Ruffrider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The gap guards are for the wheel wells in the bed. All the new Rams have these there anyways, i cant see a 1.5" BL causing an issue. I would like to see how the hitch and exhaust looks tho..

That's what I'd like to see as well