Zone UCA's with 4-6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate to make this thread, but keep finding conflicting info. Says on Zone site that they will work on both their lifts, but I've seen from others with different brand kits that say they will not (I'm looking at you @Kustomblack1 Hot Damn!). I have a RC 4" lift with Bils at 1.4. My angles with the stock arms look fine too...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RC has a UCA, ask them if it will work with the kit.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I might. But trying to stay away from anything else Rough Country and I think they're even more expensive.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$300.00.
Keep us posted.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up! I've experienced enough headaches with RC and their customer "service" that I don't plan on shelling out anymore $ on their stuff. If I do decide to upgrade at all it would be with the Zones. @Kustomblack1 video has me questioning if they will work with my lift though, as he says in the vid that none of the aftermarket UCA's he's come across do with his 6" Procomp lift...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, yes I have seen his videos, I’m on his Facebook group. Keep in mind he has a 6” lift with a coilover that’s approx 6” longer to make up that gap therefore his UCA is flat. Unfortunately most if not all of the nicer UCA’s have an angle correction built in so he cannot use them.

Do you need an aftermarket UCA?....post a pic of your UCA angle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
B541D2CE-6948-447C-9F3F-0DD4F5B8D6E2.jpeg 1A57707B-69A6-454E-8608-2FBE15B8E7AD.jpeg

Excuse the grime, she'll be getting a scrub down and fresh coat of Krown soon...

Oh yes that's right, makes sense.
I don't NEED an aftermarket UCA, just kind of weighing my options since I just ordered up the 6112's for the front and will have it all apart anyway. I know the earlier 4th Gens didn't have the issues with ball joints popping though.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I'll probably just stay with stock for now then.

Hey, did I see that you swapped out your rear Bil 5100 for the 5160's with the reservoirs? Maybe I just dreamt it

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not me, but I would if I could find 5160’s in the length I need

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the love of GOD... I don’t know how we went from talking about a geometry corrected UCA on a 1/2 ton truck to Spacer Videos of a solid axle 3/4 ton. I Agree 1000% spacers are bad for 90% of trucks, But that’s just my opinion, and lots of guys on this forum run spacers on their 3/4 ton”s with no issues, kuddos to them. There are like 4 companies who make aftermarket UCA”s for the 1/2 tons and I pushed the RC one because it is the cheapest UCA with corrected geometry for a LvL to a 4” lift. For a stock to stock replacement with same geometry the Moog can’t be beat.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the love of GOD... I don’t know how we went from talking about a geometry corrected UCA on a 1/2 ton truck to Spacer Videos of a solid axle 3/4 ton. I Agree 1000% spacers are bad for 90% of trucks, But that’s just my opinion, and lots of guys on this forum run spacers on their 3/4 ton”s with no issues, kuddos to them. There are like 4 companies who make aftermarket UCA”s for the 1/2 tons and I pushed the RC one because it is the cheapest UCA with corrected geometry for a LvL to a 4” lift. For a stock to stock replacement with same geometry the Moog can’t be beat.

You obviously didn’t even watch the video at all, that’s a 1/2 ton lift not a 3/4 ton it clearly shows a coilover strut. I gave him that link because beginning at around the 5:30 mark it shows a comparison of the RC UCA and the Readylift UCA so he could see the difference in material and quality. This way he can make up his own mind versus being “pushed as you call it” to one brand.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's all good fellas, I appreciate the input. I broke bolt welds on the RC upper strut spacers when removing them and picked up BDS to replace. The difference in quality was apparent. Although I haven't had had major issues with my lift and most people don't I definitely would not buy the RC if I had to do it over.
Anyhow, I'm going to stick to the stockers for now at least. Just wanted to clear up some confusion I was having...

Reactions: JB1

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are correct, I watched 1 min into it and saw the 3/4 ton 6.7 and exited out lol, there are a ton of options out there, they all have different price points, sometimes those prices are over inflated and sometimes they are to good to be true. Everyone has different experiences with different companies and all we can do is share our first hand knowledge.

oldstyle17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Thanks, yes I have seen his videos, I’m on his Facebook group. Keep in mind he has a 6” lift with a coilover that’s approx 6” longer to make up that gap therefore his UCA is flat. Unfortunately most if not all of the nicer UCA’s have an angle correction built in so he cannot use them.

Do you need an aftermarket UCA?....post a pic of your UCA angle?

I’m very confused by this thought. How is there any difference in uca angle when using a spacer or coilovers? Your still pushing the height one way or the other and changing the angle of the uca?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m very confused by this thought. How is there any difference in uca angle when using a spacer or coilovers? Your still pushing the height one way or the other and changing the angle of the uca?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be confusing, with a spacer you increase the overall length of the coilover itself therefore reducing your droop and downward travel. Bilsteins keep it approx the same length just add preload to gain height, that’s why they are a better option. You lose travel with spacers and gain travel with Bilsteins

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/bi...ks-verus-coil-spacer-reviewed-ram-1500.45489/

Last edited: