The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Len80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New guy here! I just bought a Hemi 1500 Limited new a few weeks ago and was recommended the PC on another post. I only have like 800 miles on it and I plan to keep it for a long time. It is sluggish on take off so this could be the answer. I am reading this does not effect warranty etc, but as far as mechanical issues, does anyone know of any issues driving around most of the time w this on, could do to anything, driving the truck w a more open throttle than manufactured for, on a regular basis does anyone forsee any issues etc? I don’t have a whole lot of mechanical knowledge about these trucks but I’ve learned alot on this forum. Seems like most commander users have 5k plus miles before putting this on too, so I just wanted to make sure I’d be ok putting it on before the engine is really broken in....

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I really can't see how it would lead to excessive wear unless you are the type of person that feels the need to relocate your gas pedal into the oil pan constantly- and even then the computer still controls a lot to prevent damage. At the low rpms where this makes the most difference the HP and torque output is low. It's not like doing a neutral drop or anything.

Sent from my mobile

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered one today. Thanks nick@gotexhaust for running the promo and answering my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to help. Enjoy it!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New guy here! I just bought a Hemi 1500 Limited new a few weeks ago and was recommended the PC on another post. I only have like 800 miles on it and I plan to keep it for a long time. It is sluggish on take off so this could be the answer. I am reading this does not effect warranty etc, but as far as mechanical issues, does anyone know of any issues driving around most of the time w this on, could do to anything, driving the truck w a more open throttle than manufactured for, on a regular basis does anyone forsee any issues etc? I don’t have a whole lot of mechanical knowledge about these trucks but I’ve learned alot on this forum. Seems like most commander users have 5k plus miles before putting this on too, so I just wanted to make sure I’d be ok putting it on before the engine is really broken in....

it will not damage anything unless you are driving like you stole it all the time which would add wear and tear with or without the pedal commander. It will get rid of all the lag. i love mine!

FYI our sale ends tomorrow on the Pedal Commander. If your going to buy NOW is the time. follow the link and use the code in my signature. let me know if you have any questions or if i can help

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even though I likely won't have my truck much longer I installed mine yesterday. I have 3.21 gears and I'm at 5,200ft+ elevation so I find City + 3 to be a good fit.

This thing is amazing and install was seriously a minute. Definitely worth the price of admission

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even though I likely won't have my truck much longer I installed mine yesterday. I have 3.21 gears and I'm at 5,200ft+ elevation so I find City + 3 to be a good fit.

This thing is amazing and install was seriously a minute. Definitely worth the price of admission
Why are you getting rid of the truck?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Aro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Long time lurker, recently created a Profile, and I just gotta say, if it weren’t for this thread I would have never in my life considered something like this.

Can confirm everyone’s stories about the “wow factor” they have.

Just a quick question. When I installed it, took it out for a boot, played with settings , came back home and Parked her, and the light on the control unit for PC was lit still? Does it turn off or do you have to turn on/off Every time you start up and shut down? If so that’s gonna be annoying.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long time lurker, recently created a Profile, and I just gotta say, if it weren’t for this thread I would have never in my life considered something like this.

Can confirm everyone’s stories about the “wow factor” they have.

Just a quick question. When I installed it, took it out for a boot, played with settings , came back home and Parked her, and the light on the control unit for PC was lit still? Does it turn off or do you have to turn on/off Every time you start up and shut down? If so that’s gonna be annoying.

It will turn off by itself. it takes a few minutes but it will shut down

Reactions: Aro

Aro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will turn off by itself. it takes a few minutes but it will shut down

Thank you :).

Also been wanting to ask you for a while, you guys ship to Canada? Seems like all the cool toys come from south of the boarder

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you :).

Also been wanting to ask you for a while, you guys ship to Canada? Seems like all the cool toys come from south of the boarder

your welcome :cheers:

Yes we do! what are you interested in?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, 2 tanks into my Eco mode test, and I'm not noticing much of a difference. There is some, but I;m not sure how much of that is my changing my driving style some. Eco mode does allow easier feathering of the throttle to keep it in "fuel Saver" mode mode more, but other than that it doesn't seem to be doing anything. During the recent cold snap, the mpg was down due to more idle/warm up times, so I changed back to city mode.

Dave A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t know if this has been said or not to many posts, I only got through the first 17 pages before I decided to just ask... I just ordered one for my 2017 ram 3.6. Will this make a difference with it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I don’t know if this has been said or not to many posts, I only got through the first 17 pages before I decided to just ask... I just ordered one for my 2017 ram 3.6. Will this make a difference with it.
Yep. I have it on my 13 Ram 1500 CC v6/3.21.
Definitely put some pep into it and removed the lag. (I settled at regular Sport mode, +2).

M² Mods.

Will_Power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright, you guys have made me want to pull the trigger on these.

Where are folks purchasing them from, and are there any deals or coupon codes going on at the moment?

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, 2 tanks into my Eco mode test, and I'm not noticing much of a difference. There is some, but I;m not sure how much of that is my changing my driving style some. Eco mode does allow easier feathering of the throttle to keep it in "fuel Saver" mode mode more, but other than that it doesn't seem to be doing anything. During the recent cold snap, the mpg was down due to more idle/warm up times, so I changed back to city mode.
The eco mode probably wont do much for you. The pedal commanders strong suite isn't eco mode though its drivability and throttle response. In sport mode I've lost a little mpg.. but that's probably my fault..

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The eco mode probably wont do much for you. The pedal commanders strong suite isn't eco mode though its drivability and throttle response. In sport mode I've lost a little mpg.. but that's probably my fault..

I was trying out the Eco mode to see what it would do. I can see it might be useful in rain or snow, but that's about it. Mostly I was just trying to find a use for the PC. For the most part, when it's on, it's set to City -1 or so. Barely above stock. But it's been off for a while, I've just been too lazy to pull it out.