Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
as somebody who is very mechanically inclined and has wrenched on my own vehicles since i was 15, i really dont know crap about all these oil specs that some of you speak of. I would like to try this PUP program as well, as I've used mobil1 for over a decade now in all my and my wifes vehicles...........are the specs of the PUP far superior to most other synthetics like M1? Very curious here.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I will not comment on the PUP being superior to M1... I myself believe M1 oils are some of the Best Performing off the shelf oils money can buy... I use M1 in every auto my family drives except the Ram...

Just visit BITOG like I stated above and message Gena and tell her your story you told above...

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I still buy M1 when I get the costco deal, hard to beat a good oil at 4 bucks a qrt.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
mobil 1 is Sopose to be good from what i have heard but they don't have the Chrysler spec anymore.. not sure how true it is but i have heard people put mobil one in there hemi truck and hear more tick.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I did Mobil 1 in my 2011 and I did notice more noise. No Hemi tick just louder in general

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chrysler spec is nothing to worry about. BITOG found the white paper a while back, and it proved to be nothing to lose any sleep over.

It does help FCA sell oil though,,,

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
mobil 1 is Sopose to be good from what i have heard but they don't have the Chrysler spec anymore.. not sure how true it is but i have heard people put mobil one in there hemi truck and hear more tick.

The spec for the 5.7? I thought it was just the spec for the 6.4.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
The spec for the 5.7? I thought it was just the spec for the 6.4.

its all chyrsler vehicles from the way i under stand it..

mobile one doesn't have chrysler spec ms-6395, pennzoil yellow bottle and synthetic platinum do...

I'm sure if something happened to a truck under warranty and the oil used waster chrysler spec ms-6395 that you could push them to cover it... but the way dealers are they will use any excuse not to warranty something for free... thats one reason I'm leaning towards pennzoil.... I've just heard lots of bad stories about it... looking forward to seeing others used oil test and mine as well

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
My dealer used M1 when I got the oil changed on the 6.4 so it shouldn't be an issue if I have problems down the road. I hope.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
im not sure when they stopped the spec, M1 use to be Chrysler spec.... the thing is I'm sure the oil companies give a kick back or pay to have the Chrysler spec, what if one day pennzoil doesn't have it anymore? if your not in a warranty i would say it doesn't matter, personally i ought a new 2015 because of the warranties so just to be save i want to use one of the oils that has Chrysler spec

clittle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
PUP Program

Hey big thanks for this thread/post I saw this and have been wanting to try Pennzoil and for two free oil changes why not! Contacted the lady and boom she is sending me a kit! Thanks again keep you guys posted how it goes!

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
One thing to mention: The kit I received only come with 6 qts-->1case ( You will still need to purchase 1qt)...

I glad a few of you are taking advantage of this program...

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One thing to mention: The kit I received only come with 6 qts-->1case ( You will still need to purchase 1qt)...

I glad a few of you are taking advantage of this program...

i was confirmed yesterday that i will be receiving the kit.......and then i see this post, lol. I just sent her another message asking if they will supply the 7th needed quart for our motors capacity. Guess we will see......

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol...... it just gets better and better....... since when is a case 6? All other oils it's 12. I'll still with amsoil.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol...... it just gets better and better....... since when is a case 6? All other oils it's 12. I'll still with amsoil.

every case of synthetic i have ever seen in a retail store has been 6 one quart bottles.......

Now a days i see more jugs than cases, but who the hell cares. its basicly two free oil changes of high quality fully sythetic oil, stick with your amsoil bro if its too much for you to handle, lol

Last edited:

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Not to much to handle... I just don't chase people around and go ape crap over free stuff... if they wanted new costumers they would come to all the forum and go after new customers... to say we want new customers but everyone has to come find me new customers arnt worth going after..... I guess I don't ever seen cases of 6.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Cases of M1 & Pennzoil synthetic have been sold in cases of 6 for years.. I didn't think to ask her about the extra qt... My Bad!!

Derag: Thank U so Very Much for sticking with amsoil!!!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dang, you mean you only got 6 free quarts of some of the best oil and can get sent to your door? Send it back, how dare they :)

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Actually if I understood Gena correctly---> You will receive 12 Free Qts... 6 more Qts + another Free UOA to back up the first!! Once they receive the first UOA I believe...

12 Qts of PUP Free + 2 Free UOA! Not a bad deal for just asking!!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Honestly, I am a tad jealous, I can't activate my bobs account anymore because I lost the email and can't remember my password, lol. System wont let me create another account. I am happy for you guys though, can't wait to see those UOA's everyone post them up in the syn thread.