Raced a 3rd Gen Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just got back from pulling a trailer cross country and my truck without a doubt has more power, I'm not sure if there is something in the PCM that unlocks at a certain mileage or what - but prior to my trip (Odometer was at 2,900) I could spin my duratracs for about 5 feet without power braking or anything of the sort. Upon my return I can spin them all the way through first gear.

The day after I discovered this I happened to run into a local guy with a 3rd Gen Cummins. He's got a 6" lift on 35's, intake, full exhaust and chip. We ran 0-70 twice and each time I had him by about a truck and a half. I was quite impressed with the 8 speed. My mods are the intune at 93 Octane, Moes 87mm TB, Vararam and a Borla muffler swap. I think I really surprised him and I was a little surprised myself. This truck is pretty dang fast for sitting on nearly 36" tall tires. The first race I ran in 2x4 and second was in 4x4 auto, the second race I certainly had more of a gain on him.

Last edited:

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea the 3.92 8speeds are peppy..I raced a buddy's stock truck right after he bought it.I told him I just had a muffler and I was shocked at how quick that thing was..I need a gear swap some kind of bad lol.I was gonna trade my 1500 in on a new 2500 CTD but I'm gonna hang on to mine for a bit.Your truck looks freaking good BTW.Makes me wanna take the lowering kit off and lift my 2wd just for the looks!!

Charles

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My co worker has a 06 ******* regular cab long box. It is leveled on 35"s with 90 hp injectors smarty box and an exhaust. I race him quite often leaving work and we are pretty much neck and neck every time. Mine is a 13 with 8 speed and 3.55's with a vararam.