99 5.9l pcm options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpm8463

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
as the header says, trying to find out what my options are for a pcm reflash for performance and was hoping to get some opinions from you guys on who has used what and how they worked. i currently have a 99 with the 5.9l and it has a lift with 305/70/17 on it right now with plenty more room for bigger tires. my engine is stock at the moment but that will change shortly!! after my engine mods are done is where i hope to take advantage of this info. thanks in advance:)

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
are you for sure wanting a refllash? you can get a programmer, and that would retain the stock tune if you ever needed to return to it.
I currently am running a Superchips 3715. Don't need to the newer ones as we can not do all the tranny adjustments that the new gens have. You could also get an SCT tuned by Hemifever if you plan on adding some engine components besides bolt on parts, he custom tunes it for your vehicle specifically.

OP
OP
J

jpm8463

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are you for sure wanting a refllash? you can get a programmer, and that would retain the stock tune if you ever needed to return to it.
I currently am running a Superchips 3715. Don't need to the newer ones as we can not do all the tranny adjustments that the new gens have. You could also get an SCT tuned by Hemifever if you plan on adding some engine components besides bolt on parts, he custom tunes it for your vehicle specifically.

def open to a programmer but one of the big things i want changed is the trans pressure for firmer shifts. can a programmer do that also?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Our trannys are not controlled that way I will send you a PM with something.