sct hemi fever tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowlball25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Got a question for somebody with experience with these tuners, I have the engine quest heads fully equipped with all new valves springs etc. A somewhat mild cam, and a hughes plenum repair with all the gaskets I will need to put it all on my truck. Only thing left to do is buy the tuner to reprogram once I install. I'm only concerned if I need the stage 1 or 2 programmer? I'm thinking the stage 1 will do for now if I tune it to run on 93 octane, but when I upgrade the intake later this year will a custom tune on the stage 1 do the trick? Any info would be appreciated before I spend the cash.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a question for somebody with experience with these tuners, I have the engine quest heads fully equipped with all new valves springs etc. A somewhat mild cam, and a hughes plenum repair with all the gaskets I will need to put it all on my truck. Only thing left to do is buy the tuner to reprogram once I install. I'm only concerned if I need the stage 1 or 2 programmer? I'm thinking the stage 1 will do for now if I tune it to run on 93 octane, but when I upgrade the intake later this year will a custom tune on the stage 1 do the trick? Any info would be appreciated before I spend the cash.

Honestly hemifever is a better alternative than nothing.
Fortunately there are better options. Flyin Ryan tuning will net you many more horsepowers and torques than Sean at hemifever. Ryan has been tuning hyped up Dakotas for many years and has done a tune for just about every application. From boosted 600 hp monsters, To borderline stock m1 tuning. Sean typically does blanket tuning for his customers. His custom tunes are sub par compared to Ryan's, and Ryan's stock tunes are much more effective than Sean's.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I have a stock 5.7 with a Diablo Trinity Tuner from Amazon. Had three stock tunes that come with it. Then a customer tune from Jay Greene and it really runs good! Jay is a treat to deal with and very professional and fast!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I have a stock 5.7 with a Diablo Trinity Tuner from Amazon. Had three stock tunes that come with it. Then a customer tune from Jay Greene and it really runs good! Jay is a treat to deal with and very professional and fast!

Not available for these trucks.

Hemifever is ****. There's no custom tune about it because he doesn't have you datalog or anything so he's just ******* in the wind when he makes adjustments. Quick way to break ****. Also runs too much timing and too much fuel. But he's cheaper for what that's worth. And when his tune makes your truck run like **** it'll be your fault. He won't claim responsibility or fix his tune but will make you pay for money for a few more adjustments

FlyinRyan will have you datalog and record a/f ratios to give you the best possible and a true custom tune. Yes prices are higher but you get what you pay for.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Not available for these trucks.

Hemifever is ****. There's no custom tune about it because he doesn't have you datalog or anything so he's just ******* in the wind when he makes adjustments. Quick way to break ****. Also runs too much timing and too much fuel. But he's cheaper for what that's worth. And when his tune makes your truck run like **** it'll be your fault. He won't claim responsibility or fix his tune but will make you pay for money for a few more adjustments

FlyinRyan will have you datalog and record a/f ratios to give you the best possible and a true custom tune. Yes prices are higher but you get what you pay for.

But he will if you do

That goes for any tuner. If you are going to badmouth a professional give correct info.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
But he will if you do

That goes for any tuner. If you are going to badmouth a professional give correct info.

I've talked to people who have datalogged and sent results to him and IF he even uses em he doesn't do a very good job and his tunes still suck and people still go to Ryan to fix it

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
I've talked to people who have datalogged and sent results to him and IF he even uses em he doesn't do a very good job and his tunes still suck and people still go to Ryan to fix it
i have heard the same exact thing. i seen one guy spend spend about $12k or maybe more on his 408 and trans build and went with custom tuning from hemifever and was pretty disappointed with it also. he ended up eventually sending the same datalogs over to Ryan and got a tune that he was a lot happier with.

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are his canned tunes the same as hemifever? I always wondered because his tuner is like $625. Hemifevers is $395. I have the hemifever custom tune. But I also got it before ryan was a big deal. One day, i probably will see if he can write a better tune.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
They're better. You can get a canned tune and the handheld for $435. Custom tuning is more yes but that's because it's canned tune or true custom tune their a/f ratio readings and datalogging.

01rammer1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're better. You can get a canned tune and the handheld for $435. Custom tuning is more yes but that's because it's canned tune or true custom tune their a/f ratio readings and datalogging.
Ryan can tune an SCT that was bought from hemifever right?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Yeah. Yout dont send the tuner to him, he writes one using the SCT software and emails it to you