2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can it not be accessed from below?

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
[QUOTE="
And these are the non-functional vents - I may replace that panel with a true quad cab style with no vents if I can find the right part number as mentioned a few posts up.

Dirty back panel, I cleaned it after the pic!"
WSvziCJh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you can wait a couple of months, I have the black back cover for the center console for the Quad Cab (No Vents). My front seats and full console came from a quad cab, and I found and already bought the black console cover with the vents and switches for rear heated seats, which is what I need for my crew cab. I won't have the part on hand until mid August. But I will have the cover you need then if you can wait.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can it not be accessed from below?

No, it's a blind hole far as I could tell. Got it removed today... costly lesson to pay attention lol.

Mopar Bolt is apparently a unicorn at least from a dealer, so I just picked up one from Lowes with same specs, but it has a smaller hex head - so now I got two different hex head bolts up front grrr :mad:. Will probably order and overpay for correct bolt specifically b/c of that.

@GordDavey - not in any rush, holler at me when you have one available.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So if anyone's looking, here's a sweet full setup from a Limited from Fodor - These don't come around very often and if I hadn't done mine already I would snap this up in a heartbeat.

Also contact Fodor via Facebook vs eBay, you can usually get a little better price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-18-Dodge-ram-limited-center-console-with-dash-bezel-black-sliding-cup-holder/173934261366?fits=Make:Ram&hash=item287f4a3476:g:UFUAAOSw9HNdBPyX

Well somebody got it - hopefully a RamForum'R. That was a sweet deal too.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well damn it hit me I don't have a 12v in the front anymore since I didn't connect the one in the center console cubby :(. I have the one on the back panel, but would like to get the front one working.

The issue was the wiring from the front one that was in the "jump seat" dash bezel piece was nowhere near long enough to reach the new location in the center console. So I either need to find an extension cable or sorts, or go back in and cut/splice in some wiring somehow.

I'll seach back through the thread, but what's been the common fix for this issue?

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well damn it hit me I don't have a 12v in the front anymore since I didn't connect the one in the center console cubby :(. I have the one on the back panel, but would like to get the front one working.

The issue was the wiring from the front one that was in the "jump seat" dash bezel piece was nowhere near long enough to reach the new location in the center console. So I either need to find an extension cable or sorts, or go back in and cut/splice in some wiring somehow.

I'll seach back through the thread, but what's been the common fix for this issue?

I had to add a couple inches of wire, but I extended my 12v and put where the 120v would go if I had it.

I also put the USB into the glove box. I ended up putting it in the side of the upper glove box. I can get a picture later.

0D707D07-6B15-4F4D-A518-0DAF70CB1F39.jpeg

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the inverter plug in that spot, although I've never actually used it for anything. But figure I might someday. I figure I am going to have to add wire and just run it back to the cubby location like it's supposed to be. I just hate that I have to pull it back out to do it lol. I should have done it when I installed it but I had gotten to the point where I was 90% there and I just wanted to get it in, and didn't want to wait :rolleyes:. I believe I can just undo the bolts and slide it back a bit, I don't think I need to yank the console back out completely.

hotroddino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[QUOTE="
And these are the non-functional vents - I may replace that panel with a true quad cab style with no vents if I can find the right part number as mentioned a few posts up.

Dirty back panel, I cleaned it after the pic!"
WSvziCJh.jpg

If you can wait a couple of months, I have the black back cover for the center console for the Quad Cab (No Vents). My front seats and full console came from a quad cab, and I found and already bought the black console cover with the vents and switches for rear heated seats, which is what I need for my crew cab. I won't have the part on hand until mid August. But I will have the cover you need then if you can wait.[/QUOTE]GordDavey. What was the part # on the rear control panel for the rear heat switches? Mine does not have the opening for the switches and I'm adding rear seat heat to mine. Great Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hotroddino,

I have a couple extra of the center squares that go in that back center console cover. I have 1 that just says RAM and has a 12v power outlet, I also have 1 with the RAM and a 12v power outlet AND the rectangular holes for the proper oem rear seat heater switches.

I'd be happy to sell you the one with rear seat heater switch openings in it. Note that I do NOT have the switches themselves.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Dirty back panel, I cleaned it after the pic!
WSvziCJh.jpg

78Staff, I have that black center console cover you are looking for, for your quad cab. (No vents), if your are still interested in it, just send me a PM.

hotroddino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hotroddino,

I have a couple extra of the center squares that go in that back center console cover. I have 1 that just says RAM and has a 12v power outlet, I also have 1 with the RAM and a 12v power outlet AND the rectangular holes for the proper oem rear seat heater switches.

I'd be happy to sell you the one with rear seat heater switch openings in it. Note that I do NOT have the switches themselves.
How much for the 1 with the RAM and a 12v power outlet AND the rectangular holes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it is used... How about US$20 plus shipping? I'd need a state and zip code to get an estimate from the Canada Post.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it is used... How about US$20 plus shipping? I'd need a state and zip code to get an estimate from the Canada Post.
Oops, I think I should have sent that by Private Message. My apologies to all, sales of things should be done privately or in the sales forum I believe. Hotroddino, please do your reply as a private conversation, just click on my member name and in the popup hit Start Conversation.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I found a black Leather Limited console top for a half-way decent price - only issue is that it has the older media center. I know it will plug right in b/c that's what I had in my jump seat console and had no issues when I converted over to the Flow Thru which has the newer media center... wiring matched right up.

But was curious if there is a way to just replace the lid portion, keeping the lower section of the "upper" console part in place, thus keeping the newer media center hub? Previously in the thread we've never seen the lid only become available so it was never really an issue I don't think, unless I missed a post somewhere. I think maybe the spring config of the lid might prevent this though.

ps%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2F59Qvztmm%2Fscreenshot-39.png

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Console arrived and looks very nice - I dug into it a bit and it appears one could remove the top lid only, there are some allen bolts that appear to hold the lid to the lower section - but would have to force the "hingle" closed to pull it/out/off of the lower section through, plus the wiring as well. I"m not sure it's worth the hassle or chance of ripping the leather so will probably just bolt it on as is and go back to the non-premium/older media center. I hardly ever use it anyway...

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I took apart the hinge, there's more to it apparently and I didn't feel like cracking open the lid, so I left it alone.

I did run into a snag, the lower latch had a broken tab, so would not latch closed. Of course I didn't notice until after I had it installed lol. So pulled it back out, swapped the latch from my other console and all is well. I'm going to contact the seller, but TBH it's not worth too much hassle for the price I got it for - I would not want to return it b/c I'll likely not find another at the price. But it does kinda thwart my plans to resell my standard lid. Maybe I can get a partial refund and pickup a latch for it.

Anyway, I've gone about as far as I can go with my faux Limited without replacing the door panels, but they are soooo expensive for what they are I don't see it happening, unless I just run across a super deal like I did with the Limited Lid.

38hrB9Ul.jpg

Hawkguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ve looked through this thread, sorry if I missed it. But is there an in-depth tutorial about adding the back vent duct through the existing front floor vents? I see you have to cut into existing floor front duct? Thanks

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’ve looked through this thread, sorry if I missed it. But is there an in-depth tutorial about adding the back vent duct through the existing front floor vents? I see you have to cut into existing floor front duct? Thanks

If you have a crew cab the connector is already there. You unplug the current duct and pull it out of the carpet, hardest part of the job. New one does not go under carpet, just plug it in as you install center console.

If you have quad cab, no idea.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just installed a center console in my '17 this weekend and ran into a couple snags, probably because the console I got was from a '18.
But first thing is I have an extra connector coming from the console, not sure what it is for, I'm thinking heated rear seats, but the plugs underneath the rear seats have more then two wires, so I thought it'd be wired for it.
WP_20190929_13_54_49_Rich_LI.jpg WP_20190929_13_54_56_Rich_LI 1.jpg

Also is there different radio bezels for the old style and new style consoles? I have a little gap at the front of my console between it and the radio bezel, like it doesn't contour correctly to the radio bezel.
59346-e2b4c66e6c5de2471bfe16bdeafe7cd5.jpg caa56748-69d6-4395-a9d1-0a1f2b7531cf.jpg