2015 ram need alignment after new wheel and tire setup with -18 offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So update.... tried new tires . Still same
Shaking feels like the rear is out of balance . After spending over $400 at various shops and returning old tires and puttin new ones on I decided to trouble shoot this myself ... I found my hub rings sent with my rims were not exactly tight... one I could spin while the rims were on truck . There was about 1/16-1/8" play in the rings on the hub? Shouldn't they fit tight??? So I decided to try making them tighter. I put a piece of electric tape along the inside (the side the touches the hub ) to tighten them up. I also made sure to tighten lugs with the start pattern gradually as I lowered truck. Took for a ride and it seemed to be much better . Does this make sense to anyone ? Maybe need a better hub ring ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Wow! I am so sorry that you're still dealing with this. I really was hoping the tires were the culprit.

I guess hub centric rings could be the issue but didn't Fuel provide those? I would hope they would send the right (tight and spec'd) rings for you Ram.

There's nothing else weird right? Are you using new nuts? Do they match the wheel profile (cone vs ball seat)?

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea it's been a nightmare dude !!! Any the way fuel deals with issues is through the shop you purchase from . Meaning they won't talk to me directly . Pain in the ass . Still waiting in refund and they won't tell me how much until they receive my tires back. In the mean time I've spent 1260 to get my nittos so I can drive my truck while the fuel tires are being shipped back. Atleast they paid for the shipping but no offer to reimburse me for any troubleshooting costs on their products .... and the center caps are junk. Being that they were taken in and off atleast 10 times by various shops ,the channel the mounting screws go through have cracked and broke on 3/4 of them. Now I'm going to have to try to have them replace those. Ugh.

I don't even want to bother with fuel on the rings ... so I looked up the bore size of the hub and the fuel rims ordered a set and I'll see how they fit .

As for the lug nuts I'm using again what fuel provided ... they feel like cheap aluminum, they are tapered nuts . I ordered some acorn 14x1.5 19mm steel black lugs to replace them. Ball seat are what the stock rims take , they won't work on these rims.

So hopefully this nightmare is about to end. lol I've wasted enough money doing this . Hopefully they come through and send me a set of center caps no charge in lieu of all my troubles and a full refund on the tires(even though they weren't the problem) they don't need to know that tho lol but it's their fault with the hub rings to begin with.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. they sent 19 lug nuts of one size , and one lug nut of an odd size 13/16" that multiple shops didn't have a thin wall socket for , whst s nigbtmare that was too!!!!

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Yea it's been a nightmare dude !!! Any the way fuel deals with issues is through the shop you purchase from . Meaning they won't talk to me directly . Pain in the ass . Still waiting in refund and they won't tell me how much until they receive my tires back. In the mean time I've spent 1260 to get my nittos so I can drive my truck while the fuel tires are being shipped back. Atleast they paid for the shipping but no offer to reimburse me for any troubleshooting costs on their products .... and the center caps are junk. Being that they were taken in and off atleast 10 times by various shops ,the channel the mounting screws go through have cracked and broke on 3/4 of them. Now I'm going to have to try to have them replace those. Ugh.

I don't even want to bother with fuel on the rings ... so I looked up the bore size of the hub and the fuel rims ordered a set and I'll see how they fit .

As for the lug nuts I'm using again what fuel provided ... they feel like cheap aluminum, they are tapered nuts . I ordered some acorn 14x1.5 19mm steel black lugs to replace them. Ball seat are what the stock rims take , they won't work on these rims.

So hopefully this nightmare is about to end. lol I've wasted enough money doing this . Hopefully they come through and send me a set of center caps no charge in lieu of all my troubles and a full refund on the tires(even though they weren't the problem) they don't need to know that tho lol but it's their fault with the hub rings to begin with.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. they sent 19 lug nuts of one size , and one lug nut of an odd size 13/16" that multiple shops didn't have a thin wall socket for , whst s nigbtmare that was too!!!!

Well, whether you like it or not, you've kinda become the subject matter expert. :/

So, sounds like rings may have been the problem all along so like you said, Fuel would be at fault. I hope you like your new tires more. Although they're not as tough looking as MT, they should be quieter, last longer and get better fuel economy (pun intended).

Back to the rings and assuming that's the miss, it's interesting that the issue surfaces at the rear. I wonder if the lighter load, ccompared to the fronts, plays a factor.

So when do you get the rings? Can't wait for a status update "SOLVED" so you can get back enjoying the rig versus it nagging you in thought.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Ps, plastic or metal, the rings should fit snug on both the hub and wheel bore. If not, that makes them useless and transfers the "work" of centering onto the nuts.

That compound with soft nuts (that's what she said), could definitely cause a problem. So better rings and steel nuts are a big time possible solution. Fingers crossed!

Pss, what a fail Fuel employee! Didn't double check the nuts before shipment or grabbed from the wrong bin. SMH

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ps, plastic or metal, the rings should fit snug on both the hub and wheel bore. If not, that makes them useless and transfers the "work" of centering onto the nuts.

That compound with soft nuts (that's what she said), could definitely cause a problem. So better rings and steel nuts are a big time possible solution. Fingers crossed!

Pss, what a fail Fuel employee! Didn't double check the nuts before shipment or grabbed from the wrong bin. SMH

Yes I hope to solve the is problem completely this weekend!!! I hope that this thread can help others who may run into this situation . Thanks for the support! It's good to have an ear of someone to calm me down and reinforce it's not me it's he product. !!

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been a while since I updated this post.... Not sure if anyone is still following .. however , I put about 3k miles on with rims and tires and still get irritated with this shuttle "shimmy/ out of balance " feeling ....

After reading more and doing some digging I found an elite road force balance machine 20 miles from me and figured it's worth a try... So here I sit in the dealership waiting .

Tech already came out and said "they are waaaay off " (they all say that ) he said they had to move the tire around on the rim and match the high spots together , we will see how it goes with the remaining three . I'll update tonight!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Has anyone looked or stated the wheels being out of round or bent. ?

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
I'm still following! It sucks you had to endure so long. Hope this is the final resolution!

And on a selfish note, I may do something very similar to your set up so it benefits me for you to figure it out! ;)

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still following! It sucks you had to endure so long. Hope this is the final resolution!

And on a selfish note, I may do something very similar to your set up so it benefits me for you to figure it out! ;)

So heres the pics of my two tires they say are bad. Keep in mind no other shop stated this . And this is my first elite road force balance . ..... Attached are photos of the printouts of the two bad tires... Keep in mind they March mounted all four tires on the rims with advice from machine, and two balanced and mounted perfect according to printout.

Immediately I called the company I purchased tires from abs they said as long as I fall into the warranty specs ,( less than 1/32" wear) than they should be covered ...

I'm skeptical that it is the tires. My first run around with this set up I had fuel gripper tires mounted and felt the same shake except worse ... After many balances and troubleshooting I returned tires and bought these nittos... Maybe it's dumb luck with two sets of bad tires . Or maybe it's the rims???? Can anyone tell by looking at these printouts ?? Any roadforce elite techs here ??
18cedb95bbb4af29171c7a1098b2e7c3.jpg
3f31f6fa3f3b619ed44890dc1eb28f12.jpg