5.7L Vs. 6.4L 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
EcoBoost drank all my beer and got my dog pregnant.

I hate EcoBoost.

Hey, that's better than eating your dog, and getting your wife pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A dog is a fine meal."

-Mel Gibson- The Patriot

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
here we go again. im still wondering what this butt hurt is. although you do seem to know a lot, but not everything (dont let it get to your head), I envision you as a little kid with a pacifier crying for attention.

At least this "go cart" engine can go up the Ike towing 90% of its rated weight and maintain the speed limit. Can yours?

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
here we go again. im still wondering what this butt hurt is. although you do seem to know a lot, but not everything (dont let it get to your head), I envision you as a little kid with a pacifier crying for attention.

Well you envisioned wrong....again!

This is what I don't get here. This thread (which started in 7/2014) was dead over a month ago. I stopped posting because there was nothing left to respond to. Then yesterday Silver had to bring it up from the dead just to tell me that I am a "Ford fan", that I had a "****" motor, and other insults.

I then responded with factual information in response to his 'high boost" claims, and WITHOUT insults or degrading anything. Then he preceded to tell me good luck with my "ecoboost love" and another insult that I was a Ford "nuthugger".

I then got lectured by TheViking to leave this forum because I was talking about the Ecoboost engine and Fords even though I was not the first one to mention Ecoboost in this thread nor was I the one who revived this thread (after over a month of being dead) with a post talking about Ecoboost engines. Funny that the guy that brought up and praised the Toyota Tundra's for being so well earlier in this thread didn't get told to leave.

Then TheViking, Drittal, and I went a couple rounds of debating, and then 6.4 Dude showed up with his usual insults like he normally does so I responded to them.

So I guess if you guys bring up old threads and talk about the Ecoboost motor like Silver did towards me(with insults) then it is okay, but I get told to leave if I respond back to those insults? So 6.4L Dude and you are allowed to throw your usual insults, but I am not allowed to respond back?

Sorry, it does not work that way. If you make a comment at me, regarding me, or regarding something I said then I will respond back especially if it was meant as an insult towards me or something I am talking about. If you don't like me responding then don't throw your insults or make your comments. It's that simple. The fact that this thread died over a month ago until Silver revived it is proof to that.

Last edited:

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It goes both ways you know. Instead of being an attention ***** u could not post . You DO NOT have to reply you know

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
It goes both ways you know. Instead of being an attention ***** u could not post . You DO NOT have to reply you know

So are you telling me that if I made a post insulting you or something that you are talking about then you would not respond back? I don't believe that for one second.

Again if you make a comment at me, regarding me, or regarding something I said then I will respond back especially if it was meant as an insult towards me or something I am talking about. Plain and simple.

River19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The sad thing about this is........ that I just went back to see if I was the guy that mentioned a Tundra......seeing as I have one of those as well.....Evidently I wasn't.......lol

Either way......I expect to see 2 or 3 people behind the school at 3 O'Clock.......remember, no friends to help.....

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
The sad thing about this is........ that I just went back to see if I was the guy that mentioned a Tundra......seeing as I have one of those as well.....Evidently I wasn't.......lol

Either way......I expect to see 2 or 3 people behind the school at 3 O'Clock.......remember, no friends to help.....

Karl45 mentioned the Tundra.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
why is everyone so butthurt about this thread? Its not like anyone is reading or using it anymore.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Jesus, you never stop distorting facts. I didn't tell you to leave the forum. I told you to post your Ecoboost accolades elsewhere and stop trolling this post. Nobody else brought up the Ecoboost 3.5, they were referring to the 6.2. You don't/never did have a 5.7/6.4 and they don't make a Ecoboost HD, so yes you are trolling for whatever reason. Then you go on and on about all the EB technology is so I corrected some of your exaggerations. But at this point we all look as guilty as you for staying off topic.

I like Fords, own Fords, almost bought a Explorer Sport, and like the EB motors. But this is a Dodge HD forum folder and nobody asked for an opinion on the 1/2 ton EB F150. Try to pretend that you can be wrong, don't know everything, and just move on.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Jesus, you never stop distorting facts. I didn't tell you to leave the forum. I told you to post your Ecoboost accolades elsewhere and stop trolling this post. Nobody else brought up the Ecoboost 3.5, they were referring to the 6.2. You don't/never did have a 5.7/6.4 and they don't make a Ecoboost HD, so yes you are trolling for whatever reason. Then you go on and on about all the EB technology is so I corrected some of your exaggerations. But at this point we all look as guilty as you for staying off topic.

I like Fords, own Fords, almost bought a Explorer Sport, and like the EB motors. But this is a Dodge HD forum folder and nobody asked for an opinion on the 1/2 ton EB F150. Try to pretend that you can be wrong, don't know everything, and just move on.

Yes, you did tell me to move on and go post in another forum which would require me to leave.

It's just trolling to start trouble and obviously no one here wants to hear it. So move on and post your accolades in the F150 forums where they belong.

Funny, you didn't say the same thing to Silver or anyone else to leave and go post about the Ecoboost in another forum when he started this thread back up again. Nor yourself when you posted in post #130 since you were part of the catalyst that started this circle jerk.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
why is everyone so butthurt about this thread? Its not like anyone is reading or using it anymore.

Because someone was butt hurt enough about me saying "To be honest, I still wish I had my Ecoboost." to revive this thread after it being dead for over a month.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You keep singing that same song, but it was at the top of the threads list. Because this section gets no real action, ever. Except for the 6.4 sticky thread. I can reply to any thread I wish, new or old, thats what the forum is for.

I get tired of seeing these same type of people, you, hyping ecoboosts and diesels. Its always the same type of person. My tuned EB is faster, gets more mpg, more badass-er than anything else! My tuned diesel makes 17700hp and 35000ft lbs with just a tuner bro, I run 9s in the 1/4 all day. Just stop.

Then you try to justify your bs with some half ass scientific facts you pulled off some other article somewhere on the internet that supports your argument, or you post videos of non-realistic vehicles that prove your point in your mind.

You posted a bunch of videos of full blown race trucks, that you cant even drive around. They take 3 minutes to stage, run a 9 second pass, then pull off the track and hope it didnt blow up. Then it has to sit there and cool down forever. **** of here. Can you imagine driving that pos around town? Jesus, it would be worse than a 88 camaro with a powerglide and dirt track tires. Not a compliment.

And thats your example of how diesels can easily run 9s. No, the truth is, diesels dont easily run 12s, never the less 9s, and 6k dollars doesnt get you very far on a diesel. Your standard tuned/deleted diesel is fun to drive, has a lot of power, can pull the house down, but its far from being FAST. Its just not logical. A big ass crew cab truck (no one drives a reg cab diesel for a dd be serious), with the aerodynamics of a giant brick, a vehicle weight almost double that of a modern muscle car. Its not going to be fast.

you can get mad about the insults all you want, im mad about you spreading bs around the internet. The bottom line is I think you are a huge douche. And I want to tell everyone about it. Now its your turn to tell everyone I was a mean ******* and provide more worthless text/links to support your claims.

Last edited:

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well....if anyone can liven up a thread, its you

Because someone was butt hurt enough about me saying "To be honest, I still wish I had my Ecoboost." to revive this thread after it being dead for over a month.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I get tired of seeing these same type of people, you, hyping ecoboosts and diesels. Its always the same type of person. My tuned EB is faster, gets more mpg, more badass-er than anything else! My tuned diesel makes 17700hp and 35000ft lbs with just a tuner bro, I run 9s in the 1/4 all day. Just stop.

Inferiority complex much? You were the one that brought up how a diesel would "still have trouble out running a bolt on 1500 truck" not I. No one was talking about racing or which was "badass-er" up till that point after you revived this thread. Funny, you want people to stop talking about it, but it was you that brought it up and this thread back up from the dead.

Then you try to justify your bs with some half ass scientific facts you pulled off some other article somewhere on the internet that supports your argument, or you post videos of non-realistic vehicles that prove your point in your mind.

Go to the race track, you will see many 9, 10, and 11 second diesels that are daily drivers. Far more of them then you would see "bolt on 1500 trucks" like you stated.

You posted a bunch of videos of full blown race trucks, that you cant even drive around. They take 3 minutes to stage, run a 9 second pass, then pull off the track and hope it didnt blow up. Then it has to sit there and cool down forever. **** of here. Can you imagine driving that pos around town? Jesus, it would be worse than a 88 camaro with a powerglide and dirt track tires. Not a compliment.

Actually you just put your driving tune in it and you are good to go. I don't have to imagine because I have seen it with my own eyes. Google "XDP Diesel Challenge". All those trucks are daily drivers and posting 10s and 11s even at a mile high above sea level in Colorado.

And thats your example of how diesels can easily run 9s. No, the truth is, diesels dont easily run 12s, never the less 9s, and 6k dollars doesnt get you very far on a diesel.Your standard tuned/deleted diesel is fun to drive, has a lot of power, can pull the house down, but its far from being FAST. Its just not logical. A big ass crew cab truck, with the aerodynamics of a giant brick, a vehicle weight almost double that of a modern muscle car. Its not going to be fast.

Really? Because the diesels I posted earlier did just like this one runs 10s and beats some of those muscle cars you are talking about.

https://youtu.be/tM0U5F9zArU

you can get mad about the insults all you want, im mad about you spreading bs around the internet. The bottom line is I think you a huge douche. And I want to tell everyone about it. Now its your turn to tell everyone I was a mean ******* and provide more worthless text/links to support your claims.

I don't get mad at insults, I just respond to them which gets the one who made the insult mad.