5th Gen side mirrors on a 4th Gen Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I saw that the 5th gen ram mirrors have the lane assist, blind spot camera, 360 cameras built in to them. Has anyone tired to active these functions in a 4th Gen Ram? I know a lot of the 5th gen rams have swapped the 4th gen power fold tow mirrors on to their 5th gen truck, so they will mount.

But will the 5th gen options function on the 4th gen ram?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5th gen 1500?

I thought the "triangle" mount is slightly different shape on the new body style 1500.

Maybe you meant "5th gen" (2019-2020) 2500? Because those are, technically, the same as the 4th gen 1500 in regards to body style (mirrors, taillights, etc)

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure 4th gen mirrors are a different shape then the 5th gen mirrors....

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I saw that the 5th gen ram mirrors have the lane assist, blind spot camera, 360 cameras built in to them. Has anyone tired to active these functions in a 4th Gen Ram? I know a lot of the 5th gen rams have swapped the 4th gen power fold tow mirrors on to their 5th gen truck, so they will mount.

But will the 5th gen options function on the 4th gen ram?
5th gen 1500 mirrors will not fit on a 4th gen. However, 2019+ 2500/3500 mirrors will. I have a set from a 2019 2500 on my 2017 right now. They have the cameras, blind spot indicators, trailer spot lamps, power convex mirrors, power fold, memory, turn signals, running lights and puddles.
I can’t get the switch for the power convex mirrors to work, because there’s no setting in AlfaOBD yet to tell the BCM they are present. I have the trailer spot lamps working as they do factory by running them off the cargo lamp circuit. I used a custom switchback module I made to get the running lights to work. The blind spot indicators are working with the blind spot detection. I’m currently working on getting the cameras working for surround view. I have a thread about that going that I’ll be updating as I progress- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/5t...-a-4th-gen-and-possible-surround-view.157235/

OP
OP
TXTONKA

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great write-up... I figured someone had already started working on integrating the functionality of the 5th gen ram to the 4th gens.

I got to say seeing all of the different options in the AlfaOBD seems to keep pushing us to look for additional upgrades for our toys...

I'll keep a eye on your progress with integrating the cameras. This would be a nice long-term upgrade.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could you take the actual mirror housing off the 5th gen base and switch it out on your 4th gen though? The actual shape looks pretty simular. Love the look of the new 5th gen mirrors with the light and RAM etched in it.

Shorty16v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
I know this thread is dead but any chance you ever figured it out? Im looking at doing the same thing but on a 4th gen style for for 3rd gens, base is the same as oem 4th besides bolt pattern and the triangle shape

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My turn to see if anyone bites at this.

I am in a similar situation, I got my hands on some 2022 2500 new take off mirrors for cheap. Seeing what is involved to get them working. I have been looking into the connectors and the wiring is quite a bit different. If I cant get them working I might retrofit them in, without all the extra options, as my power fold motors are getting weak and very slow.