Center console swap info .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Center console swap info .... Updated !

As some may know i put a center console in my Express . I found a dealer online that can get the bin from a 2500 , Most dealers say there are no such thing . For anyone that is going to do the swap look up DCHtemecula Mopar Parts on ebay store and email them and they can get it . Ill update this when my part comes in . The part is listed pretty cheap to ...

This

fv.jpg

Is needed for this

trucky004.jpg

I have the upper glovebox coming this week as well ...

Last edited:

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
That's cool. I've actually been looking into this lately. Couldn't you just get the whole console from a 2500 to begin with though?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is a very nice upgrade

OP
OP
W

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's cool. I've actually been looking into this lately. Couldn't you just get the whole console from a 2500 to begin with though?

You could do just a 2500 console if you can find one , They are kinda rare i think ...And they go for more money ..

Btw anyone looking to do this , You will need the radio bezel from a truck with a console as well.The bezel is taller and has a bracket on the bottom that bolts to the console ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
for anyone looking for a center console I found one on ebay. I really want to pull the trigger on it but since my interior is tan Im going to wait to find one. Here is the link for it.
11 Dodge Ram 1500 Center Console W/ Floor Shifter OEM | eBay

The wiring harness that comes out of the driver side plugs in under the drivers seat . My truck all ready had the plug for it , Maybe they all do . It powers the 3 12v plugs in the console . Just plug it and they all work ....No need to go to a dealer or anything...

OP
OP
W

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys check this out .....I was digging around online and i can make the shifter work in the console and swap it over from the column . I got all the wiring harness and the shifter i just need to get the longer cable going from the tranny to the shifter in the console . Its all plug and play i tryed it out today , just need the longer cable .The cable is like 55 bucks at the most .

I found this on a cummins forum where there putting the shifter in the console where it comes stock on the column so anyone looking for swap info heres the part numbers i got off of there .
Mopar Part 68024883AC SHIFTER JUMPER WIRING
52855896AA Shifter 2009 - 2011
52109706AC LEVER MANUAL CONTROL
52104371AG BRACKET SHIFT CABLE
52855956AG GEARSHIFT CONTROL CABLE

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so how was your front seat? any mods to it to get the center console in?

To get the console in you need to take out the driver seat to get the middle seat out . Than slid in the console and bolt back in the driver seat .

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Hey guys check this out .....I was digging around online and i can make the shifter work in the console and swap it over from the column . I got all the wiring harness and the shifter i just need to get the longer cable going from the tranny to the shifter in the console . Its all plug and play i tryed it out today , just need the longer cable .The cable is like 55 bucks at the most .

I found this on a cummins forum where there putting the shifter in the console where it comes stock on the column so anyone looking for swap info heres the part numbers i got off of there .
Mopar Part 68024883AC SHIFTER JUMPER WIRING
52855896AA Shifter 2009 - 2011
52109706AC LEVER MANUAL CONTROL
52104371AG BRACKET SHIFT CABLE
52855956AG GEARSHIFT CONTROL CABLE
That is awesome info for anybody wanting to do this

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
That's awesome. What are you gonna do about the shift column? Think it can be removed after switch to console shifter?

OP
OP
W

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes the shifter on the column can be removed ....I ordered the part from a sport that does not have the column shifter to remove the hole for the shifter . The shifter on my truck will be moved to the console . I have everthing i am missing on order as well a sick shifter ball. As soon as i get the parts ill take pics and update this more ....Hope this helps anyone looking to do this swap and if anyone needs help let me know !

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Extra Shifter

Yes the shifter on the column can be removed ....I ordered the part from a sport that does not have the column shifter to remove the hole for the shifter . The shifter on my truck will be moved to the console . I have everthing i am missing on order as well a sick shifter ball. As soon as i get the parts ill take pics and update this more ....Hope this helps anyone looking to do this swap and if anyone needs help let me know !

Looks great! I'm looking to do this mod but want to keep the shifter on the column. Was thinkin about purchasing that center console with shifter from ebay (just have to make sure part fits my truck). Maybe we can work something out if you want the shifter parts.

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT

What about the power plugs? Have you figured these out yet? I just a complete console off eBay