Center console swap info .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot they changed the bezel. But from what I can tell the console looks the same. You might not be able to use the cd player that is in it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yea I was thinking the console looked the same just wanted someone else's opinion on it first and don't really care about the CD player part

11ustin22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can this be done on 13 and 14 expresses also?

Matt440Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im not sure if this is a burned out topic yet, but is anyone still willing to trade a center console for the bench seat?
2012 Ram Express black leather bench seat.
Would like the center console the dark slate cotor without shifter if possible.
Please email me [email protected]

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the shifter set up in the console and everthing pluged in ....It all works like stock like it should . I got a upper glove box in as well . I have a small issue i need to figure out before i would recommend anyone doing this swap .I want to make sure its 100 percent right before anyone eles goes and trys it . Ill post back later tonight after i fix it .

This is stock express

gfsg.jpg

And now....

gdhdt002.jpg

gdhdt004.jpg

gdhdt001.jpg

Only truck i have seen with a base cluster and a console ...

Where did you find the radio bezel and a.c. vent bezels? Do you have the part numbers?

haagje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where to order this one?
fv.jpg

I upgraded my SLT ram but I doent need the shifter.

GetBentMustard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm rather curious what shift ball that is? It looks great! and I've been searchiong for something along these lines. any help would be great!

2-6Battalion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love the way the center consoles look in these trucks... The one feature I really regret not getting. This swap is def going towards the top of my list with all this great info. I don't mind the column shift though so I'll probably save some $$ and hassle and just get the console and not relocate the shifter.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
What's all needed in order to do this swap?
Wanna do my '09 quad cab like this....

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What's all needed in order to do this swap?
Wanna do my '09 quad cab like this....

If you can find someone who wants to swap out the full console for the jump seat that would be the easiest. But if not you need the radio/dash bezel for the full console, console, the bracket to connect to the lower dash and floor, wiring harness to give power to the console, 2 front side panels and some hardware. Now if you get one with the center shifter and want to keep it that requires a few more parts which I'm not exactly sure what they are. Otherwise you'd need to find either a console out of a 2500/3500 or just the bin replacement. Ebay is a great starting point. You should be able to get the bezel and console no problem. The other parts (even the bezel and console) you might be able to locate on car-parts.com. if not there is a Mopar parts dealer on here and you should be able to get all the necessary part through them but it will be more expensive that way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
If you can find someone who wants to swap out the full console for the jump seat that would be the easiest. But if not you need the radio/dash bezel for the full console, console, the bracket to connect to the lower dash and floor, wiring harness to give power to the console, 2 front side panels and some hardware. Now if you get one with the center shifter and want to keep it that requires a few more parts which I'm not exactly sure what they are. Otherwise you'd need to find either a console out of a 2500/3500 or just the bin replacement. Ebay is a great starting point. You should be able to get the bezel and console no problem. The other parts (even the bezel and console) you might be able to locate on car-parts.com. if not there is a Mopar parts dealer on here and you should be able to get all the necessary part through them but it will be more expensive that way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hell ya bro thanx man for all the useful info....I been looking on eBay and could only find the console itself....couldn't find the console bin for the 2500/3500.... And haven't even looked for the bezel and brackets

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this mod about a year ago on my 2013 Express....did it a few weeks after getting my truck. One thing to keep in mind is if you get a console out of an earlier truck 09-12 you will need to 1) find a place for the media connection/usb that is in the jump seat console for the Express. The earlier ones don't have it there. I torn my jump seat apart to get it since I didn't care and had no interest in reselling it or returning my truck to stock. Moved it to the glove box

2) You will need to run a wire tap on the ground for the charger plug in the arm rest to work. The one near the cup holders and the rear one will work np. Its in the plug under the seat you will see it once you look at it, it will be the one missing a connection on the other end.

3) If you want to rear heat to work you will need the plastic that connects the main unit to the console and you will need to open it up.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if anyone is still interested in swapping, but I have a 13 express that I would love to put the center console in

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright fellas, anyone know where I can get this? I just need the bin that was made for the console shifter. What I want to do is mount a full size CB In that area. 2821637fe013a2ac2d9429d2c1cd3d6d.jpg

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
52855896AA is the new part, comes with the whole shifter assembly so its up there in price....

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks fellas, I was hoping to find that part without the shifter assembly, and modify that section for a CB.

Great website squidbilly, saved to favs.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you find the radio bezel and a.c. vent bezels? Do you have the part numbers?

Ditto. I've been looking on eBay, but I don't want to buy something and find out that it's the wrong bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartafireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have shifter piece for sale

I have a console with the shifting console and would like to exchange it for the piece that doesn't have the console. Anyone wanting to trade or sell one please please email me.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the a/c ducts come out of the radio bezel? I think I found one for a good price but it has the vent and cubbyhole and I haven't had it apart yet to see if I can just reuse me vent w/ the 4wd knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93