Chris's 6.4 Hemi Stroker Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I probably should switch to a LED for the turn signal, I remember Dana said he switched to a nice bulb, may check it out

If you have beed any mor input on leds let me know, ive found some really good ones off ebay

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Whats terrible about the lighting, HID projector retrofit making about 6x the output of what he used to have?

The turn signals are normal turn signals and will be completely visible since he has the signal area painted gloss, as far as eyelids go, id never put them on a custom light, it would be a shame to do all that custom work inside the light just to cover part of it...

That being said, Chrisp, i would switch to an LED bulb in the signal whether you go to switchbacks or just a solid color bulb, that will remove all heat away from the paint, ive seen halogen bulbs discolor paint from them getting to hot.
Lol, I meant the lighting of the pictures, haha. And, I suppose not going crazy on the eyelids makes sense, but the 06+ housings look too bug eyed for me. Just color matching that top section doesn't hide any of your custom work, and it makes it look miles better imo since it removes the bug eye effect.

This setup is really good, though.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Lol, I meant the lighting of the pictures, haha. And, I suppose not going crazy on the eyelids makes sense, but the 06+ housings look too bug eyed for me. Just color matching that top section doesn't hide any of your custom work, and it makes it look miles better imo since it removes the bug eye effect.

This setup is really good, though.

I do agree, I like eyelids on most lights. But trust me, in person it truly looks awesome with the entire clear lense. It makes it look like the paint job is on display.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If you have beed any mor input on leds let me know, ive found some really good ones off ebay
Fire away bud, I’m all ears haha I just want a single color orange, and preferably a deeper, darker orange like the stock lights. It looks good with the black. That was my favorite parts of my old blacked out bowls in my last setup

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Any suggestions on the faded plastic piece that goes on the bumper cap under the grill? I want it black again, not sure if paint is a good idea

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Any suggestions on the faded plastic piece that goes on the bumper cap under the grill? I want it black again, not sure if paint is a good idea
"We'll paint it red, to fit right in, woah."

I think red might look good on that part. I don't think paint will hurt it.

As far as the headlight subject again, I can see what you mean. If I do custom 06+ heads, I think I'm going to invert your coloring and match to my paint

So, all the red parts on yours will be black on mine, and all the black parts on yours would be blue on mine.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are called JDM ASTAR ambers off Amazon, they claim to be the brightest amber LED on the market so I bought em and damn they are bright lol. My wife bought these exact same bulbs but in a switchback I'm gunna install today and see if I like, idk I love my amber but we'll see. 093c2ca55724c38a278a89e7df7bc483.jpg121f86865a9fc92729b33840ba24ba93.jpg937c7f55dbc347f48a5316bba36817a3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
These are called JDM ASTAR ambers off Amazon, they claim to be the brightest amber LED on the market so I bought em and damn they are bright lol. My wife bought these exact same bulbs but in a switchback I'm gunna install today and see if I like, idk I love my amber but we'll see. 093c2ca55724c38a278a89e7df7bc483.jpg121f86865a9fc92729b33840ba24ba93.jpg937c7f55dbc347f48a5316bba36817a3.jpg

Okay, those are very nice, and I WOULD want switchbacks [the kind that turn the white off and go yellow-off-yellow-off when you hit the turn signal], but I'm perusing Amazon and I've found several versions of the same thing from the same manufacturer all claiming to be "the brightest" and I can't tell which one I should get, what's what, or what the differences are.

Here are the two links to the darned things.
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Ex...:dodge:ram+1500&refinements=p_6:A126Q4T86JLNL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RV46YBC/ref=psdc_15730301_t2_B01CRJR68U

Like, seriously, when I'm looking through their products, what the heck are the damned differences and which versions do I get????

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, those are very nice, and I WOULD want switchbacks [the kind that turn the white off and go yellow-off-yellow-off when you hit the turn signal], but I'm perusing Amazon and I've found several versions of the same thing from the same manufacturer all claiming to be "the brightest" and I can't tell which one I should get, what's what, or what the differences are.

Here are the two links to the darned things.
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Ex...:dodge:ram+1500&refinements=p_6:A126Q4T86JLNL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RV46YBC/ref=psdc_15730301_t2_B01CRJR68U

Like, seriously, when I'm looking through their products, what the heck are the damned differences and which versions do I get????
So mine have the 3 sides and projecter tip like the 2nd link. Here is my reverse light bulbs which are the same type as my ambers 0a968f51ff0da8ad315ec4e952244d12.jpg

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
So mine have the 3 sides and projecter tip like the 2nd link. Here is my reverse light bulbs which are the same type as my ambers 0a968f51ff0da8ad315ec4e952244d12.jpg

Hmm. The full barrel ones have a projector tip, too. I wonder if they would be any better, or hell, even any different... In any case, I think those (full barrel, first link style) will be the kind I get.

Btw, do I need one resistor per bulb, or two resistors per bulb positive and negative? And how do I wire them up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Finally found my idle issue! So the truck wouldn’t idle by itself no matter how much tuning we did. I would have to lightly hold the peddle to get it to start and to keep running. If I let my foot off it would stumble and die. I did somehow get it to idle maybe 2 or 3 times but it was rare. I got the truck running and drove it to the gas station to fill up, and when I took off the gas cap I noticed it had quite a bit of back pressure. I had completely removed all the EVAP system apart from the purge valve on top of the gas tank, and plugged the feed tube to it. Well apparently that’s what actually vents the gas tank so the tank was just building pressure and messing with the fuel pressure. So I just left the gas cap off and retuned it. After that it ran perfectly! I didn’t have to peddle it to start or keep it running, and the idle smoothed out dramatically. Sometimes it’s just the little things that cause the most problems. So here is one more idle video with a quick walk around showing off the headlights and front end

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds sick bro really, and front end looks awesome

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah this is the first time I got it to idle correctly, I love it! Sounds way better then that comp 260 haha

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Finally found my idle issue! So the truck wouldn’t idle by itself no matter how much tuning we did. I would have to lightly hold the peddle to get it to start and to keep running. If I let my foot off it would stumble and die. I did somehow get it to idle maybe 2 or 3 times but it was rare. I got the truck running and drove it to the gas station to fill up, and when I took off the gas cap I noticed it had quite a bit of back pressure. I had completely removed all the EVAP system apart from the purge valve on top of the gas tank, and plugged the feed tube to it. Well apparently that’s what actually vents the gas tank so the tank was just building pressure and messing with the fuel pressure. So I just left the gas cap off and retuned it. After that it ran perfectly! I didn’t have to peddle it to start or keep it running, and the idle smoothed out dramatically. Sometimes it’s just the little things that cause the most problems. So here is one more idle video with a quick walk around showing off the headlights and front end

Perfect idle sound. Question, are you just gonna drive it with the cap off, now? :anitoof:

Sounds sick bro really, and front end looks awesome

Hey, I edited my last post, can I get your input, please?

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect idle sound. Question, are you just gonna drive it with the cap off, now? :anitoof:

Hey, I edited my last post, can I get your input, please?
One per bulb

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
What cap?
The gas cap, lol. You said you took it off and the truck ran better, and then you left it off to retune. And that the vent and evap lines were gone, so it wasn't venting the pressure without the cap off.......

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The gas cap, lol. You said you took it off and the truck ran better, and then you left it off to retune. And that the vent and evap lines were gone, so it wasn't venting the pressure without the cap off.......
Oh haha yeah brain fart there. No, I need to drop the tank and take the plug off the evap tube. Then just add a breather filter to it and it should be ok

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can't wait for some throttle blip videos!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

A heat gun will work wonders on it, just carefully heat it up and you can watch i go back to black, permanently, ive had it work on all my trucks...

Here is what it looked like as i did it on my old truck, and thats not any kind of shine product, ultimately what happens is you melt the top faded layer into the cap and it blends into the plasting and winds up going back to looking new...

a69353567c6626e3efb5d7560ce280af.jpg

Or you can get a replacement off ebay for like $30-$40

Here is an in progress of the rear bumper too...

3bc8e36441e7dd264d3574645502afde.jpg