DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might scratch your head more using the lcq-1 than an actual DSP LoL. I'm serious when I say check out the jbl ms8 it gives all the benefits of a DSP but tunes your system for you.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dammit! Active it is, and that's another $600+!!! Lol. Thanks guys! :)

Can someone remind me of the one I am supposed to get, I think it was a Helix but not sure on the model..?

Helix DSP.

And just a side note, crutchfields prices are ridiculous. With a little research you can find every thing a good bit cheaper. Helix DSP there is $699. I got mine brand new for $475 shipped from an authorized dealer.

Figured I'd rattle ur brain a little more.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You might scratch your head more using the lcq-1 than an actual DSP LoL. I'm serious when I say check out the jbl ms8 it gives all the benefits of a DSP but tunes your system for you.

That's more than likely the way that I'll be going.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have the time and patients to tune its a great start cheap and does the trick for sure but again its all manual so you have to sit down and do it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Instead of calling Sonic, drive to them, in Valencia. Know the owner, cool dude.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yea ms-8 slipped my mind. I ran one of those for a lil while too. I think that would be perfect for you. I wrote about my experience with it quite a bit in my thread.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is someone going to make your box? Or did you order it from somewhere?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys, I just spent two hours with guys at 310Kreations. First, thanks Etroze for finding them, they're awesome guys!

Here is the plan:

- Hertz HSK 163 3-ways (they had just installed a set on a Mercedes CLS so I got to hear them, f...ing awesome).
- Helix P12W 12" Subs (2)
- Audio Control LCQ-1 (this is the compromise between a basic LOC and DSP)AudioControl LCQ-1 (White) 6-channel line output converter with equalizer — add amps to your factory system at Crutchfield.com
(They had just installed one of these on an Acura and they were very impressed.)

- Skar Amps (2)
- (2) individual sub boxes which will hardly be visible behind the seats
- Tons of sound deadening thoughout the cab
- They supply all materials other than listed above (wires, cables, plugs, spacers, adapters, sound deadening materials, etc..)
Total $1,300

OK plan ???

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
mfln476l.jpg

:D

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice!!

That $1300 for everything? Or just what 310 is gonna charge you and everything else is extra? Either way that's a very reasonable price.

Also I think that's y a few of recommended for you to go out and demo. A lot easier to drop a nice chunk on a product u get to see/hear in action.

I'll be tuned in for the build. Would love to hear some impressions in those subs

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man you are going to have a sweet sounding truck I have the step down tweeters and for being the less expensive ones they sound awesome. With the LQ-1 it will work out great and down the road you already have all the wires ran if you ever want to go active. Make sure you get pictures please as this should be pretty sweet looking.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!!

That $1300 for everything? Or just what 310 is gonna charge you and everything else is extra? Either way that's a very reasonable price.

Also I think that's y a few of recommended for you to go out and demo. A lot easier to drop a nice chunk on a product u get to see/hear in action.

I'll be tuned in for the build. Would love to hear some impressions in those subs

$1,300 is for the installation, sound deadening, tuning and all materials needed.

I am bringing the speakers, amps, subs, boxes, and loc. They supply everything else.

Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$1,300 is for the installation, sound deadening, tuning and all materials needed.

I am bringing the amps, subs, boxes, and loc. They supply everything else.

Man thats still a darn good price on installation and those speakers.