Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Fastest 3rd Gen N/A 2dr - 12.36
Fastest 3rd Gen N/A 4dr - 12.56
Fastest 4th Gen N/A 5sp 2dr - 11.99
Fastest 4th Gen N/A 6sp 2dr - 12.62
Fastest 4th Gen N/A 8sp 2dr - 12.56
Fastest 4th Gen N/A 5sp 4dr - 12.94
Fastest 4th Gen N/A 8sp 4dr - 12.36
Fastest 4th Gen Nitrous 2dr 5sp - 11.57
Fastest 4th Gen Nitrous 2dr 8sp - 12.11
Fastest 4th Gen Nitrous 4dr 5sp - 12.49
Fastest 4th Gen Nitrous 4dr 8sp - 12.26

All tuned by Hemifever...Pretty pathetic tuning right there.

This is just your way of diverting away from the explanation on why travis and roberts trucks ran so slow with "your cam" and "hemifevers tuning". Sure lets post the fast trucks but dont tell anyone about the failures. If you added back the 800 lbs you dropped off your truck the cam and tuning wouldnt look so good would it?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped. The only thing bad about that list is my truck isn't on it
Jay

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you added back the 800 lbs you dropped off your truck the cam and tuning wouldnt look so good would it?

So let me get this straight, you are saying that he should not try and be the best that he can be?

If he didn't have a V8 in there it wouldn't look so good either....

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So let me get this straight, you are saying that he should not try and be the best that he can be?

If he didn't have a V8 in there it wouldn't look so good either....

Im saying his heads and cam didnt do much. He just kept cutting weight off the truck to make the combo look better so he can sell it. The next problem is sean isnt very good at tuning the cam.

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a Newbie when it comes to tuning, there seems to be a lot of HATE in regards to this topic! :flamingdevil:

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
The list that people should be more concerned with is the one of blown transmissions and boosted engines tuned by hemifever.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is just your way of diverting away from the explanation on why travis and roberts trucks ran so slow with "your cam" and "hemifevers tuning". Sure lets post the fast trucks but dont tell anyone about the failures. If you added back the 800 lbs you dropped off your truck the cam and tuning wouldnt look so good would it?

James, I have better things to do than argue with you. I dont make excuses for customers that dont run the times that they should. If it didnt run the time that it should have, then we simply make the adjustments necessary and then give it another try. Excuses are for bench racers...timeslips are for real racers.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
James, I have better things to do than argue with you. I dont make excuses for customers that dont run the times that they should. If it didnt run the time that it should have, then we simply make the adjustments necessary and then give it another try. Excuses are for bench racers...timeslips are for real racers.

So your idea of adjustments on your truck was to drop more weight and up the stall? So in all fairness how do you know what they "should" run with their setups? They both added a lot of upgrades to their trucks. I added just a cam and have no problems. Im so glad i bought a cam from someone that actually knows the engine and knows how to design the cam for my truck. It turns out that same person is also my tuner.you got lucky with the cam working in thads truck. That is the only truck that showed a respectable gain.

Btw you cant show the good list without the bad list.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had both, both were an improvement over stock. I don't want to create a **** show but Jay's tune was a few tenths quicker down the 1/4 mile. Jay's initial tunes were slower vs hemifever but he kept at it and over 6-7 tunes it was flawless.

IMO- hemifevers ran better out of the box and if you're not searching for every little bit of power I would just go with hemifever.

HAHA...The truth is that if you took 2 trucks with the same mods and each tune, you wont see more than a .1 difference in 1/4 mile ET from 1 side or the other. If you are happy with 1 or the other, then stick with it. They both know what they are doing.

Ive actually used both of their street tunes and race tunes. I could give a unbiased review of both but it wouldnt do anything. Honestly for the avg driver it doesnt matter which one you run.

seems the thread may actually have a chance of keeping civil.........hope so! I have seen a few comments I agree with but to save drawing lines or sides I haven't "liked" any of them.

For the record, I have given my hard earned money to both tuners and one of if not the favorite forum vendor and I have NOTHING but good things to say about ALL of them. I have been given outstanding customer service and even better customer support after purchase.................from all 3!

I've ran both tuners but on different trucks, Sean's on my '12 and Jay's on my '14. As stated before, most won't be able to tell a definitive difference on a daily driven truck, they both know what they are doing. Trucks were identical mechanically with the exception of one being a 6 speed, the other the 8 speed so I cannot give an apples to apples review but I was very happy how both trucks ran.

Just to recap for everyone now joining the thread. This should tell you everything you need to know.