How Much do you Love or Hate your 4 Gen?

Satisfaction with your 4 gen Ram?

• 1-2 ...how come I can't put a zero, I hate this thing.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 3-4 ...not very satisfied with Ram

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • 5-6 ...it is ok but plenty room for improvement

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 7-8 ...I really like the Ram

Votes: 123 38.2%
  • 9-10...the best I've owned

Votes: 165 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had my '15 Big Horn QC for a month now...50k miles and it runs/drives like a new truck. Real happy so far.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thoroughly enjoy the comfort and power of my Laramie. I drive a whackload for work, 1,000 miles or so a week continuously. I have mostly been driving my wife’s Sportage which is loaded up but I can’t wait to get into my truck on the weekends. The odd time I will take it out for work and it is so comfy in comparison.

skupko9680

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just traded in my 2013 F150 for a 2017 Laramie Longhorn Limited and only have a few hundred miles on the truck so I'm still in my honeymoon phase so FWIW here are a couple of observations. The Dodge feels like a more solid truck, closing the driver door on the F150 you could see the outside panel actually flex when the door closed, not so with the Dodge. The interior is quieter then the F150 and so far I like the Uconnect far better than the Ford Sync. IMHO the Dodge is a sharper looking truck than the F150.
Yes!!!! - I bought a sport and agree 100%

skupko9680

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the 8spd and the 3.92 with the Hemi 5.7 - Bam GYSOT! Sorry couldn't resist.

onemc4you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love the 8spd and the 3.92 with the Hemi 5.7 - Bam GYSOT! Sorry couldn't resist.

I have th 2012 hemi 5.7. Right at 97,000 miles. Time to change the plugs. 6 speed trans but dont know the ratio. It gets up good. Using Napa Synthetic motor oil. Get average of 18 mpg according to gauge. Goes up to 25 mpg cruising 45. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racer_X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is yours 4WD? What's the best mileage you've gotten?

My 2017 Sport with 4WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8spd trans and 3.92 gears has given me a best average of about 19mpg. If I cruise about 40-45 mph, the instant mpg shows mid 30's mpg. Nowhere near the 24 or 25mpg on the window sticker. I'm almost at 20,000 miles.

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

Clever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my 2016 1500 SLT HEMI , I didn’t like the speakers, the 3.21 was nice but I always wanted a 3.92. My new truck is a 2017 Laramie with 3.92, LSD and all the extra goodies except for air suspension, where I live it gets extremely cold and that seems to cause issues with the suspension, so I skipped that since I’m planning to keep this truck forever. Also, loving the maximum steel metallic, but I know I’m going to hate spending all the money trying to keep it clean.

Reactions: U&A

RFtech53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently bought a 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie that came back from Lease. It had 11,500 miles on it and looked brand new. I test drove it twice before trading in my 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk. Buyers remorse now.

I was very happy with it until I started hearing ungoldly wind buffeting / howling noise outside my drivers window whenever it was breezy outside, and I was going over 40 MPH. It's so irritating. You hear it at left ear level. The passenger door window doesn't do it.

It's not your normal wind noise you hear outside every vehicle window from driving down the highway or when another vehicle passes you. It's way more annoying than that.

One of the dealer's techs took it out for a drive with me in the passenger seat, and he heard it during a cross wind. The dealer replaced the foam inserts between the side mirrors and the door because there was a TSB on that. I knew that wasn't it, but had to let them try.

Last week they replaced the inner and outer door seals and the window glass run seal. They had it for a week and of course it wasn't windy all week, so they couldn't check for a fix. The day I picked it up it was windy and they hadn't driven it. Sure enough, the seals didn't fix it either. The noise is still there.

Folding in the mirrors doesn't help. It's not a whistle. It's more of a noise like if you had a leaf blower pointed at the driver's window outside, and couldn't hear the leaf blower motor ... just the wind turbulence it would make against the glass.

Is this normal for the 2016 1500 Laramie? Is it something to do with the lines of the body or curve of the windows? I've got nothing to compare it with. All I know is that all the vehicles I've bought over the past 30 years didn't do this.

Rick Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really sad to say that my 2009 toyota yaris with over 270k on it is far more reliable yet than this pos ram i just bought new less than 30 days ago. Pure garbage why did i trust all the youtube vids saying they are amazing trucks? a budget toyota 10 years old is literally more compfortable quieter and more reliable than this giant piece of garbage.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I recently bought a 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie that came back from Lease. It had 11,500 miles on it and looked brand new. I test drove it twice before trading in my 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk. Buyers remorse now.

I was very happy with it until I started hearing ungoldly wind buffeting / howling noise outside my drivers window whenever it was breezy outside, and I was going over 40 MPH. It's so irritating. You hear it at left ear level. The passenger door window doesn't do it.

It's not your normal wind noise you hear outside every vehicle window from driving down the highway or when another vehicle passes you. It's way more annoying than that.

One of the dealer's techs took it out for a drive with me in the passenger seat, and he heard it during a cross wind. The dealer replaced the foam inserts between the side mirrors and the door because there was a TSB on that. I knew that wasn't it, but had to let them try.

Last week they replaced the inner and outer door seals and the window glass run seal. They had it for a week and of course it wasn't windy all week, so they couldn't check for a fix. The day I picked it up it was windy and they hadn't driven it. Sure enough, the seals didn't fix it either. The noise is still there.

Folding in the mirrors doesn't help. It's not a whistle. It's more of a noise like if you had a leaf blower pointed at the driver's window outside, and couldn't hear the leaf blower motor ... just the wind turbulence it would make against the glass.

Is this normal for the 2016 1500 Laramie? Is it something to do with the lines of the body or curve of the windows? I've got nothing to compare it with. All I know is that all the vehicles I've bought over the past 30 years didn't do this.
Can it bee the front window seal?

Try put a bit of clay in some spots and move it around and see if you can kill the noise

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There are a couple things I wish were different, but overall, I have always enjoyed my Rams.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After driving around in a Grand Cherokee for the last 5 days while my truck was getting a little TLC, I absolutly LOVE my 4th Gen, BW 44-44 and all!

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really sad to say that my 2009 toyota yaris with over 270k on it is far more reliable yet than this pos ram i just bought new less than 30 days ago. Pure garbage why did i trust all the youtube vids saying they are amazing trucks? a budget toyota 10 years old is literally more compfortable quieter and more reliable than this giant piece of garbage.
sounds like a toyata fan joining here to talk crap because hes insecure about his Tundra getting stomped constantly. gett outta here with your vague hater nonsense. post proof if your truck sucks so bad or else youre a fraud

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 99, 2000, 03 were great . 07-14 not so much

Rick Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol its not a tundra its a 2009 toyota yaris tiny little eco box car also i currently have a tow truck on route to pick this ************* up

Rick Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this thing sounds exactly like my old ford escape did when the manifold gasket went

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Kind of an old thread, but I'll play along. I'm coming up on one year and about 20k miles on my 2015 Outdoorsman. It had about 25k on it when I got it. I had every intention of taking my insurance check for my totaled F150 and getting another one, but I thought I should at least drive a Ram and a Chevy before I bought. I got a break new F150 XLT as the rental after the wreck and I liked it. There was a Dodge dealer close to work so I stopped there first and drove a CPO Big Horn, and I knew I wanted a Ram right then. I drove a 6 cylindrr Chevy at CarMax that same day and I was afraid it wouldn't make it back up the hill to the dealership. I also drove a nice Ram 2500 at CarMax.

Honestly, I was really worried that I'd regret not getting another F150, but after a year with the Ram every time I see a new F150 go by I think "why are there tires so small, and why is it so ugly?"

Long story short, I love the Ram. Can't wait to get some Bilsteins on the front and maybe put some 34 inch BFGs on it. Time will tell if it holds up as well as the old Ford did, but I don't have anything bad to say about it. It's more fun to drive, has more silly stuff like remote start, drives better in sand, has more room inside, and it even tells me the weather.