How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I received two genies and did not exactly fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. You can't leave us hanging like that :). What did it do? What state are you in now?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok. You can't leave us hanging like that :). What did it do? What state are you in now?

Fist genie set the unit to multi zone with dual sliders that moved which was expected. Then installed the second genie. It set to single zone no hard button control, auto button on screen is there but not selectable, and only way Air conditioning will work is low temp setting using slider. If you move slider up it turns AC turns off.
Wondering how to fix. The three or four day turn around is killing me. I need to take to dealer but waiting on this to get resolved.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fist genie set the unit to multi zone with dual sliders that moved which was expected. Then installed the second genie. It set to single zone no hard button control, auto button on screen is there but not selectable, and only way Air conditioning will work is low temp setting using slider. If you move slider up it turns AC turns off.
Wondering how to fix. The three or four day turn around is killing me. I need to take to dealer but waiting on this to get resolved.

Did you reboot the radio (Hold volume and tune for 10+ seconds) To see if it made any difference? At this point, you may actually be best off taking it back to the dealer and asking them to reflash the truck to get back to a factory config.

They are having issues with more than just the ATC genie. I'm trying to help another member who got the heated seat genie and it doesn't seem to be working fully either. ( that's after they sent him the ATC genie first instead of the heated seat one, so he now has the rear climate button. They Sent him a genie to fix that and now he lost A/C completely. I really thought the Genie was the way to go, and would recommend it over using a tool like AE, but after the last couple weeks, I'm not so sure any more.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
On top of the Heated Seat Genie issue Deereguy mentioned, I also have a member who installed the factory wiring, activated the Backup Camera with the OBDgenie and can't get the Parkview Active Grid Lines to turn on (Video is good). Wiring is verified, radio is updated and the response he got was "we don't know why some trucks get the lines and some don't".

It's approaching the point that the people who got their trucks configuration messed up with Infotainment's OBDgenies are going to have to go to a dealer and try to get their trucks original configuration reloaded into the BCM.

Then they can either start over, get access to the AE tool, or forego the ATC setup all together... or if they are close to Florida, maybe stop by their shop and see if they can untangle this. I hope they figure this out.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you reboot the radio (Hold volume and tune for 10+ seconds) To see if it made any difference? At this point, you may actually be best off taking it back to the dealer and asking them to reflash the truck to get back to a factory config.

They are having issues with more than just the ATC genie. I'm trying to help another member who got the heated seat genie and it doesn't seem to be working fully either. ( that's after they sent him the ATC genie first instead of the heated seat one, so he now has the rear climate button. They Sent him a genie to fix that and now he lost A/C completely. I really thought the Genie was the way to go, and would recommend it over using a tool like AE, but after the last couple weeks, I'm not so sure any more.

Just rebooted the radio and did not make a difference. I either have max A/C or heat no in between. I even labeled all 4 genies to keep them straight. I may have to go to the dealer to get this fixed or back to non auto controlled. For 200.00 already spent it's not very appealing to go the the dealer for another 100 dollars plus to fix a lack of testing or qc. I keep waiting for the fix?

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel

I had the same result. I also got several error messages during the process and have some codes to clear as soon as I find my OBDLink. I flashed it back to manual dual-zone because the controls work as expected there.

@Jkieffer try reflashing just the one (ATC #1) that puts it into manual dual-zone. that works as expected.

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@infotainment

Wanna enlighten us with what’s going on?

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had the same result. I also got several error messages during the process and have some codes to clear as soon as I find my OBDLink. I flashed it back to manual dual-zone because the controls work as expected there.

@Jkieffer try reflashing just the one (ATC #1) that puts it into manual dual-zone. that works as expected.

Is it manual dual zone or automatic dual zone? If it's manual dual zone I don't understand. They should first be flashing Dual Zone ATC.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On top of the Heated Seat Genie issue Deereguy mentioned, I also have a member who installed the factory wiring, activated the Backup Camera with the OBDgenie and can't get the Parkview Active Grid Lines to turn on (Video is good). Wiring is verified, radio is updated and the response he got was "we don't know why some trucks get the lines and some don't".

It's approaching the point that the people who got their trucks configuration messed up with Infotainment's OBDgenies are going to have to go to a dealer and try to get their trucks original configuration reloaded into the BCM.

Then they can either start over, get access to the AE tool, or forego the ATC setup all together... or if they are close to Florida, maybe stop by their shop and see if they can untangle this. I hope they figure this out.

Wow, for all the talk about development it took and for the price for this I wouldn't be very happy with a "we don't know" answer. I'd think for this type of product you'd want to be dang sure you know how it's gonna work and that it works every time, all the time. I was gonna order the mirror package one but now I'm not so sure.... gonna see how they handle this before I spend any money.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It sounds like the wheels are falling off over there, which sucks for us. These are things you absolutely have to get right, and that's why I was more receptive of the pricing. It's a lot harder to command that kind of cash when it looks like you're just guessing.

I'm not sure where you guys are located, but if anyone is in the northeast I'm willing to try to help you get things fixed.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is it manual dual zone or automatic dual zone? If it's manual dual zone I don't understand. They should first be flashing Dual Zone ATC.

Right. And the auto dual zone should work just fine with the exception that the passenger side temperature setting doesn't do anything. The second part with switching to single zone is really just cosmetic.

Here's the different options that exist:
Single Zone MTC

Single Zone MTC + Rear

Single Zone ATC

Dual Zone MTC

Dual Zone ATC

Dual Zone ATC + Rear

Dual Zone MTC + Rear

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel

that may be the problem. It sure looks manual to me.

Attachments

• 20170628_182524.jpg
    20170628_182524.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 39

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought @Cuylertech said they had this working a month or two before M2Mods....

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

c61ee6bb283cf23310e41d3243df9fab.jpg
This does not have the auto button?

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
c61ee6bb283cf23310e41d3243df9fab.jpg
This does not have the auto button?

Definitely manual. With ATC you would get temperature numbers.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
they need to hire you to help them get this right. :happy107:

c4c25c411e116c432ee919184673719e.jpg
This is what the c4c25c411e116c432ee919184673719e.jpg
This is what the second genie changed it to. Auto button is not selectable and if you move the slider it takes it off max AC and AC turns off. Still no temp. Notice the outside air temp? This is why I want them to get it right!!!

@infotainment