I just cant decide on my wheels and tire combo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drave199

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9L
So i know i have been on this subject for a while but i cant make up my mind. i know i am getting the 17x8.5 method nv wheels, but cant decide what size tires to get.

it is either the toyo at2 extreme 285/75/17 (33.9in tall) or the toyo at2 285/70/17 (33in tall) my current setup is 275/60/20 which is 33in tall as well.

my dilemma is probably more psychological than anything. the guy at les schwab told me with the larger tire it might rub some of the plastic when i crank my tire all the way which isnt a big deal to me but will i have any other rubbing issues like when i go off road and the up and down flex of the suspension?

what about MPG's? i know its a truck and it shouldnt matter but its already so bad i dont want it to go down much more. will and extra inch of height on the tires cause it to go down much more?

i know that the 285/70/17 which is the same height as my current setup, will look good but i want a bigger tire to make it look even better. wonder if there's any benefit to staying small?

decisions decisions...