Inez Hotrods 4/6 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm considering purchasing the inez 4/6 drop kit. But if I were to sell the truck and wanted the option to go back to stock height, would there be any issues or negative effects using the rear control arm brackets that come with the kit? At stock height.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm considering purchasing the inez 4/6 drop kit. But if I were to sell the truck and wanted the option to go back to stock height, would there be any issues or negative effects using the rear control arm brackets that come with the kit? At stock height.

According to Inez and Illicit you can go back to stock with no issues. I asked the same question due to removing the upper control arm bracket

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to Inez and Illicit you can go back to stock with no issues. I asked the same question due to removing the upper control arm bracket
I'm assuming you mean with their brackets and not welding on some factory located brackets. Well this may seal the deal.
About how much actual suspension travel is there when the factory brackets are removed and replaced. I guess I only care for up travel. On the 4/6. I'm wondering if I'll still bottom on the same bumps as I do with the 2/4

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with the Inez and Illicit "cut" bracket you have to remove/cut off the factory upper control arm bracket on the rearend. Then install(bolt on) their bracket...basically the bracket shifts the upper and lower rear control arms lower bring the rear back into factory specs. (correct geometry)
Illicit has "no cut" brackets but not made for a 4/6 drop

Last edited:

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I guess I should have worded it better. At stock height with cut brackets, the arms would be lower than factory. I just wanna make sure that wouldn't cause any issues. I also don't know what that would do with pinion angle. I will probably never run the truck stock height again. But I'm worried if I ever wanted to trade it in they would give me grief about it being lowered. Or say it's worth less. I'm not sure how that works. I've only traded in one vehicle(and it was stock).

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I guess I should have worded it better. At stock height with cut brackets, the arms would be lower than factory. I just wanna make sure that wouldn't cause any issues. I also don't know what that would do with pinion angle. I will probably never run the truck stock height again. But I'm worried if I ever wanted to trade it in they would give me grief about it being lowered. Or say it's worth less. I'm not sure how that works. I've only traded in one vehicle(and it was stock).

You would have the opposite problem of lowering without the relocating brackets.

If you want to be able to return it to stock, just return it to stock - remove whichever brackets you add - one of them offers a no cut option, so that might be better for you?

andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
finally got my kit installed. 2013 express. I'm running 285/45-22 nittos. i only cut a coil out of the rear, will probably cut at least another half coil down the road. running durrango helper bags in rear as my "bumpstops". I'm rubbing the fender liner up front pretty consistently on medium to big bumps/dips, will look into trimming a set of energy suspension bumpstops i have to replace the 1.25" bell tech ones i had installed. if the ride isn't too harsh with the slightly taller bumpstops (less suspension travel) that may be my fix to the fender liner issue. my buddy who did the install at his shop originally installed them, but said they were sitting on the control arms at rest. not the best photos, but you get the idea. (ill try and grab some better ones tomorrow.)
IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2399.JPG IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2402.JPG IMG_2407.JPG

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
finally got my kit installed. 2013 express. I'm running 285/45-22 nittos. i only cut a coil out of the rear, will probably cut at least another half coil down the road. running durrango helper bags in rear as my "bumpstops". I'm rubbing the fender liner up front pretty consistently on medium to big bumps/dips, will look into trimming a set of energy suspension bumpstops i have to replace the 1.25" bell tech ones i had installed. if the ride isn't too harsh with the slightly taller bumpstops (less suspension travel) that may be my fix to the fender liner issue. my buddy who did the install at his shop originally installed them, but said they were sitting on the control arms at rest. not the best photos, but you get the idea. (ill try and grab some better ones tomorrow.)
View attachment 120720 View attachment 120721 View attachment 120722 View attachment 120723 View attachment 120724

Time to do a little sanding and painting on the driveshaft,lol

royalwe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey guys, was wondering if any of you might have more specifics on the ride? I’m used to raised pickups so I don’t have much to compare to but I’m interested in lowering my stock rcsb.

How likely/often is bottoming out on the street? Is the front or back more likely to bottom out?

And for those who have the adjustable shocks, is it possible to make it feel mostly like the stock suspension in terms of soaking up bumps, washboard sections, etc?

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, was wondering if any of you might have more specifics on the ride? I’m used to raised pickups so I don’t have much to compare to but I’m interested in lowering my stock rcsb.

How likely/often is bottoming out on the street? Is the front or back more likely to bottom out?

And for those who have the adjustable shocks, is it possible to make it feel mostly like the stock suspension in terms of soaking up bumps, washboard sections, etc?
I ran inez hotrods at a 5/7 drop and i never bottomed out. Before that had a belltech 2/4 and didnt bottom out woth tht kit as well. Unfortunately i had to sacrifice ride quality on both kits for the look which is fine with me.

Mino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone with this kit had to get inner tie rods to pass alignment?
I need help where to find shorter ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone with this kit had to get inner tie rods to pass alignment?
I need help where to find shorter ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut the threads off the outer end of the tierod if you need to adjust the tierods for toe. It's not uncommon to have to shorten the tierods on these trucks with a drop to get the toe to come into spec.We had to cut about a 1/4" off my tierods on my old 13 with a 3" spring drop on the front

aramos3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Inez 5/7 drop over the weekend and my tie rods are bottomed out making my toe out of wack. I haven't trimmed the tire rods I'm not sure if I need to trim the outer or the inner one that's attached to the rack. I only cut 1-1/2 coils out back i am thinking of taking out another half coil.
IMG_20181230_164311.jpg IMG_20181230_165004.jpg MVIMG_20181230_164921.jpg

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Park on a flat surface that driveway is throwing the drop off some...........looks sexy still.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the Inez 5/7 drop over the weekend and my tie rods are bottomed out making my toe out of wack. I haven't trimmed the tire rods I'm not sure if I need to trim the outer or the inner one that's attached to the rack. I only cut 1-1/2 coils out back i am thinking of taking out another half coil.
View attachment 150844 View attachment 150845 View attachment 150846

Man that looks incredible ! I love rcsb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro