Installing a DRL module for amber LEDs at full power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahhh well sir whenever you have a chance could you let me know what both of them are if you have access to them. I swapped in 13+ projectors for my quads so might try one before the other and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Ahhh well sir whenever you have a chance could you let me know what both of them are if you have access to them. I swapped in 13+ projectors for my quads so might try one before the other and see what happens.

Its LM5 for projectors and LM1 for quad headlights.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
I had the dealer do mine and they turned the low beams on instead of my leds. Had to have them turn them back off

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not sure what they are doing maybe adding the wrong code. All I did was add the LM5 code and reconfigured and the lower leds turn on when you put it in drive. Another guy here has a 2016 sport we did his and it worked also.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure. I told them what sales code to add and gave them a instruction sheet on where to find info and how to do it. Hids don't work well at half power.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Not sure. I told them what sales code to add and gave them a instruction sheet on where to find info and how to do it. Hids don't work well at half power.

If you want send me the last eight of your vin I might be able to see what they did if not I can add the correct code then all they will have to do is reconfigure the Bcm.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you want send me the last eight of your vin I might be able to see what they did if not I can add the correct code then all they will have to do is reconfigure the Bcm.
FS601898 is my last 8
They wanted to charge me an hours labor for it the first time

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
FS601898 is my last 8
They wanted to charge me an hours labor for it the first time

Sent you a message on tapatalk but I think it went thru as a chat either way I added the correct sales code. I couldnt see what they did if they did anything with the sales codes at your dealer.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
A bunch of variables come into play when they do the vehicle reconfig a battery charger needs to be hooked up to supply the right voltage, the guy doing the reconfig needs to know what hes doing lol, wait the allotted time for it to process and of course the right sales code added. And make sure they verify they work by starting it and shifting into drive they wont come on otherwise.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm confused.

Don't the amber lights come on when you put it into drive or turn the knob to the DRL's normally? Or do they come from the factory not turning on when in drive?

I am new to ram's and just got my first ram 3 weeks ago. My amber lights come on in drive and when turning the knob.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm confused.

Don't the amber lights come on when you put it into drive or turn the knob to the DRL's normally? Or do they come from the factory not turning on when in drive?

I am new to ram's and just got my first ram 3 weeks ago. My amber lights come on in drive and when turning the knob.
When the DRLS are active they come on when you put in gear. It's a crazy process for most of us. I'm starting to see more and more rams probably 2016 and 17s that already have the DRL sales code added. Most of us have to jump through hoops just to have the leds come on when put in gear.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When the DRLS are active they come on when you put in gear. It's a crazy process for most of us. I'm starting to see more and more rams probably 2016 and 17s that already have the DRL sales code added. Most of us have to jump through hoops just to have the leds come on when put in gear.

So they don't come that way? I just got lucky with mine? Mine is a Canadian truck.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yeah the Canadian trucks come that way since they're required to have drls

Was anyone able to get any of this confirmed regarding the codes??? I have a '17 and I can confirm the DRL's do not work from the factory (US made). I'd like to know if a simple code can activate them or if I need to purchase the module and wire it in.

Thanks!

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was anyone able to get any of this confirmed regarding the codes??? I have a '17 and I can confirm the DRL's do not work from the factory (US made). I'd like to know if a simple code can activate them or if I need to purchase the module and wire it in.

Thanks!

See post #42. Have the dealer add which code is applicable per your headlight configuration and then reconfigure the BCM. Works like a charm

kymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drl module

Does the drl module introduced in this thread work ok with the lights on "auto" setting?

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See post #42. Have the dealer add which code is applicable per your headlight configuration and then reconfigure the BCM. Works like a charm

Thanks for the info. I'm sure my dealership will have no clue what I'm talking about tho. I find it funny there is nothing in the 8.4 settings menu to activate this. My 16 GC has the setting in the 8.4UC radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had my 17 Laramie done. 1st dealer was clueless, said it couldn't be done, 2nd dealer got it done. I told both of them that sale code LM5 would need to be added to the build (VIN), then BCM would need to be recalibrated. 2nd dealer got done in 15mins.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. I'm sure my dealership will have no clue what I'm talking about tho. I find it funny there is nothing in the 8.4 settings menu to activate this. My 16 GC has the setting in the 8.4UC radio.

I have a thread on here titled "DRLs- It can be done!" If you search for it, it has the instructions sheet on there. Just print it out and hand it to your dealer. It walks them through how to do it.