Interesting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking to see if I could display the current gear somehow while driving and found out - yes you can. But, it's kinda flaky. You can use the steering wheel gear control to select 8th gear and that displays prominently to the right of the cluster gear display. Very faint and just to it's left, is the current gear. Works that way until you cycle the ignition. Too bad RAM didn't have the forethought to reverse the "highlighting" and placement effects so the actual gear was bright and the "max" gear dimmed...

Russ

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wonder if my 16 has this. Will check tomorrow.

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I didn't either until I watched that video. Not sure turning on the Tow function shuts down the MDS on the 8 speed tranny I have though. I've heard it does not but will check next time I drive now that I have the Eco display function turned on.

OP
OP
RASelkirk

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried it today, tow mode (on my '18) does NOT disable MDS. It does extend the shift points, too much for my taste for normal driving...

Russ