Mopar Bright Pedal Kit 82212138 for Adjustable Pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wtf guys... I'm not talking about the parking brake... I'm talking about the ******* accelerator pedal lol

Last edited:

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine came in Monday, but I just got around to them this evening. Ignore the dirt, my truck is filthy. Damn Colorado weather! Interestingly, Amazon posts a picture for this item with the skinny gas pedal cover, like my Jeep has. But it's the correct pedal in the kit, with the wider top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NQ7LCO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wink

Ram_Bright_1.jpg

Ram_Bright_2.jpg
What the hell... Your link is the exact same one I ordered. Why did I get a skinny pedal and you didn't?

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
What the hell... Your link is the exact same one I ordered. Why did I get a skinny pedal and you didn't?
People mess up.....easy returns/exchanges thru Amazon. Just get a replacement on the way.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Weird. I thought that might solve your problem. I'd return your kit and ask them to check the box before they ship the replacement. I wasn't impressed with the packing, or lack thereof. Just the 2 covers and a completely useless instruction page. They were just rattling around inside the box. Also the side edges of the pedals had marks from the press. Not polished at all. Seems of lesser quality finish than the ones that came with my SRT. But once installed you'll never see it. I see the link, and my invoice show 82212138, but the MFG# on the link page says 82212138AB. Not sure of the difference.

Hope they get you taken care of...

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weird. I thought that might solve your problem. I'd return your kit and ask them to check the box before they ship the replacement. I wasn't impressed with the packing, or lack thereof. Just the 2 covers and a completely useless instruction page. They were just rattling around inside the box. Also the side edges of the pedals had marks from the press. Not polished at all. Seems of lesser quality finish than the ones that came with my SRT. But once installed you'll never see it. I see the link, and my invoice show 82212138, but the MFG# on the link page says 82212138AB. Not sure of the difference.

Hope they get you taken care of...

wink
Yup, mine were package the exact same way and in the same condition. I ordered 82212138AB Amazon prime for $10 more and am able to get it here tomorrow with 1 day shipping for $4, so not a huge inconvenience. It took the original ones forever to get and they weren't prime. I got the Challenger clutch pedal too yesterday and it has two made in China stickers on the back.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup, mine were package the exact same way and in the same condition. I ordered 82212138AB Amazon prime for $10 more and am able to get it here tomorrow with 1 day shipping for $4, so not a huge inconvenience. It took the original ones forever to get and they weren't prime. I got the Challenger clutch pedal too yesterday and it has two made in China stickers on the back.

I was wrong on my dates. I received several different items this week. I actually ordered on the 7th, and they arrived on the 11th. Came USPS with no freight charge. I don't have Prime.

I recall seeing the Mopar emblem on the backs, but didn't examine them any closer. Guess I should've taken a picture of the backs too. Probably made in China too.

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wrong on my dates. I received several different items this week. I actually ordered on the 7th, and they arrived on the 11th. Came USPS with no freight charge. I don't have Prime.

I recall seeing the Mopar emblem on the backs, but didn't examine them any closer. Guess I should've taken a picture of the backs too. Probably made in China too.

wink
Just checked... We ordered the exact same thing on the exact same day and got them the same day, but I got a different one haha. Four days for a package to arrive seems like forever to me lol. I assume these pedals are made in china too based on the quality.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well it's not the first time Amazon has screwed up an order... I'll pay for overnight if I absolutely have to have it. But most things I can wait on. I've also noticed most of the stuff is free freight lately. I think it has to do with qualifying items and/or price.

Let us know how the Challenger pedal works out. I'm considering it just for continuity. However I can't recall the last time I've used an emergency brake. The Jeep doesn't have a pedal, just the lever next to the driver seat, so I never even thought about it. The reason I wanted this pedal kit is because my foot kept slipping off the OEM brake pad. Getting ready to try it out on the road for the first time. Never had any slippage in the Jeep with the bright pedals, so I'm hoping the same holds true.

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it's not the first time Amazon has screwed up an order... I'll pay for overnight if I absolutely have to have it. But most things I can wait on. I've also noticed most of the stuff is free freight lately. I think it has to do with qualifying items and/or price.

Let us know how the Challenger pedal works out. I'm considering it just for continuity. However I can't recall the last time I've used an emergency brake. The Jeep doesn't have a pedal, just the lever next to the driver seat, so I never even thought about it. The reason I wanted this pedal kit is because my foot kept slipping off the OEM brake pad. Getting ready to try it out on the road for the first time. Never had any slippage in the Jeep with the bright pedals, so I'm hoping the same holds true.

wink
Will do. My driveway is sloped so I use my parking brake everyday, so I figured I'd give it a go. I've got an idea on how I want to install it based on another members install and will tweak it a bit.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an update. No more slippage on the brake pedal. I even tried to intentionally get my foot to slip off and it didn't budge. I'm happy!

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

wink
Got the clutch pedal on. Followed what another member did but I hollowed out the black nub with a Dremel so I can glue it on back over the screw head. Going to see how it works out for a bit before I got it on.
IMG_20180413_191217.jpg IMG_20180413_191320.jpg

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got the clutch pedal on. Followed what another member did but I hollowed out the black nub with a Dremel so I can glue it on back over the screw head. Going to see how it works out for a bit before I got it on.

Cool man! Great idea on gluing the nub on.

wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did a little searching to see who had the Challenger pedal and found a new twist.

bright_pedals.jpg

These are for the Hellcats, but look close enough to me. Not only do they have a parking brake cover that just slips on, with slight mods, but also have the matching footrest. Has anyone seen or tried these? I figure for $20 I'll be the guinea pig if no one else has. Anyways Speedlogix stocks these things.

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/203-430-00-84.htm

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-fdp-01.htm

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did a little searching to see who had the Challenger pedal and found a new twist.

bright_pedals.jpg

These are for the Hellcats, but look close enough to me. Not only do they have a parking brake cover that just slips on, with slight mods, but also have the matching footrest. Has anyone seen or tried these? I figure for $20 I'll be the guinea pig if no one else has. Anyways Speedlogix stocks these things.

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/203-430-00-84.htm

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-fdp-01.htm

wink
Awesome find... Very interested in the fitment. Looks like the dead pedal just sticks on with 3m tape.

Just by looking at the parking brake cover, I doubt it'll fit... Ours is a bit bigger and oddly shaped, but give it a whirl.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! I ordered it, so we'll see in a few days. Apparently the Rams have a few different parking brake pedals. Mine is pretty small, like this thing, and is the exact same shape. In fact it looks like it'll just slide right on. I could always glue it on. LOL! Anyways, there's always the Challenger pedal if it's unworkable. Figured I'd take one for the team.

Here's the thread where I found it...

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/stai...cover-matches-oem-mopar-pedals-in-stock.5823/

I just posted the dead pedal because some were looking for one. Have no idea if it fits a Ram. Doubt I'll test that out as I don't miss having one so far. But I also don't drive long distances.

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I ordered it, so we'll see in a few days. Apparently the Rams have a few different parking brake pedals. Mine is pretty small, like this thing, and is the exact same shape. In fact it looks like it'll just slide right on. I could always glue it on. LOL! Anyways, there's always the Challenger pedal if it's unworkable. Figured I'd take one for the team.

Here's the thread where I found it...

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/stai...cover-matches-oem-mopar-pedals-in-stock.5823/

I just posted the dead pedal because some were looking for one. Have no idea if it fits a Ram. Doubt I'll test that out as I don't miss having one so far. But I also don't drive long distances.

wink
Ah, can you take a pic of your parking brake before and after you take the pad off as well when you attempt to do the install. What year is your truck? Mines a 2015. It looks like they recommend adhesive for the parking brake anyway. I may buy another Challenger pedal and just jb weld that sucker on. Mine will move, but it takes some directional force that I don't think it'll get with normal use. I'll order the dead pedal now since you aren't really interested in testing that.

Edit: nevermind on the dead pedal... Lokked at the dimensions and it's too long due to the curvature of the floor in mine...

Last edited:

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't waste your time and money on the tiny e brake cover, I tried that before I tried the challenger clutch pedal, way too small. I used the small one for my son's Challenger fits great on his.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, can you take a pic of your parking brake before and after you take the pad off as well when you attempt to do the install. What year is your truck? Mines a 2015. It looks like they recommend adhesive for the parking brake anyway. I may buy another Challenger pedal and just jb weld that sucker on. Mine will move, but it takes some directional force that I don't think it'll get with normal use. I'll order the dead pedal now since you aren't really interested in testing that.

Edit: nevermind on the dead pedal... Lokked at the dimensions and it's too long due to the curvature of the floor in mine...

Some of the guys I'm that thread suggested using silicone. Here's a few pics, terrible lighting. I had issues getting the trouble light placement to illuminate without glare while holding the iPhone. But here they be...

Park_Ped1.jpg

Park_Ped2.jpg

Park_Ped3.jpg

Park_Ped4.jpg

Park_Ped5.jpg

Park_Ped6.jpg

[edit] I forgot. Mine is a 2017 1500 Sport.

wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't waste your time and money on the tiny e brake cover, I tried that before I tried the challenger clutch pedal, way too small. I used the small one for my son's Challenger fits great on his.

So did you get the one you tried from Speedlogix? I can't imagine a pedal being much smaller. But I couldn't find dimensions anywhere. Oh well, if I can't make it work, I'll return it and get the other one. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's just for looks, I never use the parking brake. We'll see in a few days.

wink