Mopar Bright Pedal Kit 82212138 for Adjustable Pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some of the guys I'm that thread suggested using silicone. Here's a few pics, terrible lighting. I had issues getting the trouble light placement to illuminate without glare while holding the iPhone. But here they be...

Park_Ped1.jpg

Park_Ped2.jpg

Park_Ped3.jpg

Park_Ped4.jpg

Park_Ped5.jpg

Park_Ped6.jpg

wink
Same pedal. I think the new one is going to be too small, but good luck! Let us know how it goes.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same pedal. I think the new one is going to be too small, but good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Well that's disappointing. But it won't be the first time I've tried to make something work. Sometimes I'm successful, other times not. But it keeps me busy. I've got no problem modding if needed. Take my Jeep for example. It can never be returned to stock, and I'm cool with that. It's a one of a kind, exactly what I wanted, and I'm never gonna sell it. But even the Challenger pedal requires some modding, so there's no specific pedal for the Ram anyways. Either way I get away from the computer for a bit, get to fiddle with the truck, and that's a good thing.

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that's disappointing. But it won't be the first time I've tried to make something work. Sometimes I'm successful, other times not. But it keeps me busy. I've got no problem modding if needed. Take my Jeep for example. It can never be returned to stock, and I'm cool with that. It's a one of a kind, exactly what I wanted, and I'm never gonna sell it. But even the Challenger pedal requires some modding, so there's no specific pedal for the Ram anyways. Either way I get away from the computer for a bit, get to fiddle with the truck, and that's a good thing.

wink
:word:

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well my parking brake bright pedal arrived today. I believed norton333 when he said it was much smaller, but from the pics, I didn't realize how much smaller. However I actually like the looks and size of this one better than the other option. I'd still like to see a pic of the other one next to the OEM pad to get a better idea. If I use this one, I'll have to modify the pedal itself, and I have no problem with that. I have several ideas on how I can use this one. Hopefully I'll get some time to play with it this weekend...

PB_Ped_0.jpg

I just set it on the pedal for this shot to see what it might look like.

PB_Ped_1.jpg

More as it happens...

wink

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here you go, this Challenger clutch pedal goes very well with the Ram gas pedal with it's similar wide shape, follow the mod I wrote up, it's not hard and really makes a nice set IMHO.mS4EsoY.jpg

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Here you go, this Challenger clutch pedal goes very well with the Ram gas pedal with it's similar wide shape, follow the mod I wrote up, it's not hard and really makes a nice set IMHO.mS4EsoY.jpg
I was supposed.to.get one of.these.in the mail today then Amazon suddenly said the order was delayed until June?!?!?

I cancelled and ordered on eBay. Looks great, perfect match IMO.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here you go, this Challenger clutch pedal goes very well with the Ram gas pedal with it's similar wide shape, follow the mod I wrote up, it's not hard and really makes a nice set IMHO.

Thanks man! Not as big as I thought it was. So still might go that route, though I'd rather not have a hole and screw head visible. But jwithing's idea to cover the screw is still a possibility. Do you have a pic of the backside of the Challenger pedal?

wink

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ground the head of the bolt round to look like the rubber nubs then painted it black, you can't tell the difference, plus this bolts through the e brakes hole making it very solid and secure.note, I cut the small slit at the bottom to match the oem.kb5PgTY.jpg

Last edited:

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this is right before I painted it flat black.qHaWyAT.jpg

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Completed set, I had to touch the bolt up a bit after tightening on.FhHKH3D.jpg

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool! Just what I wanted to see. You did get the head to hide quite well.

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool! Just what I wanted to see. You did get the head to hide quite well.

wink
Yup, I did exactly what he did, except when I cut the nub off, I kept it and hollowed it out with a Dremel so I can glue it back over the screw head vs. painting if so desired.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As I've mentioned before, I don't really like the idea of the hole through the pedal cover. So I came up with a different idea. But I only have the baby cover to play with, so I decided to do a quick prototype with it. It would work much better with the Challenger pedal I think. Normally the covers are just held on by the rubber lips around the actual pedal. Of course the Ram has the nub that goes through the hole too. So I figured I could replicate the pedal surface itself, and avoid the holes, but still use a screw and nut to hold it securely. I'd recommend making it out of metal, but the only stock I had laying around was plexiglass. Thought what the hell, probably as strong as the rubber lips. So I cut out a template, couldn't find my plastic cutter, so I just did a quick hack with a utility knife. Not straight, but it won't be visible anyways. Found a screw and nut that looked like it would work, and did a little hand sanding to get the dimensions closer to where I wanted them. Mounted it in the truck, and was pleasantly surprised. I think it looks ok, and it doesn't budge when I press the pedal with my foot. I'll probably still get the Challenger pedal and do the same thing, but I'm gonna roll with this for a bit and see if I still like it, or if it irritates me. ;) Took me maybe 15 or 20 minutes start to finish.

PB_Ped_2.jpg

PB_Ped_3.jpg

PB_Ped_4.jpg

PB_Ped_5.jpg

PB_Ped_6.jpg

PB_Ped_7.jpg

Like I said, I think the Challenger pedal would look better because it would cover the whole pedal surface, and from norton333's pics, looks like it would fit inside the cover.

Man I need to clean my truck!

wink

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I've mentioned before, I don't really like the idea of the hole through the pedal cover. So I came up with a different idea. But I only have the baby cover to play with, so I decided to do a quick prototype with it. It would work much better with the Challenger pedal I think. Normally the covers are just held on by the rubber lips around the actual pedal. Of course the Ram has the nub that goes through the hole too. So I figured I could replicate the pedal surface itself, and avoid the holes, but still use a screw and nut to hold it securely. I'd recommend making it out of metal, but the only stock I had laying around was plexiglass. Thought what the hell, probably as strong as the rubber lips. So I cut out a template, couldn't find my plastic cutter, so I just did a quick hack with a utility knife. Not straight, but it won't be visible anyways. Found a screw and nut that looked like it would work, and did a little hand sanding to get the dimensions closer to where I wanted them. Mounted it in the truck, and was pleasantly surprised. I think it looks ok, and it doesn't budge when I press the pedal with my foot. I'll probably still get the Challenger pedal and do the same thing, but I'm gonna roll with this for a bit and see if I still like it, or if it irritates me. ;) Took me maybe 15 or 20 minutes start to finish.

PB_Ped_2.jpg

PB_Ped_3.jpg

PB_Ped_4.jpg

PB_Ped_5.jpg

PB_Ped_6.jpg

PB_Ped_7.jpg

Like I said, I think the Challenger pedal would look better because it would cover the whole pedal surface, and from norton333's pics, looks like it would fit inside the cover.

Man I need to clean my truck!

wink
Good idea!

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good idea!

Thanks man! I'll admit I was skeptical due to where the screw had to go so the cover would be placed where I wanted. Had to notch it out instead of drilling a hole. Wasn't sure all the clamping force would work from one corner. Or if the plexiglass would crack or break. But it was only meant to be a prototype, so. On the Challenger cover it should be a lot stronger as the screw would go through a hole farther in on the plate, and would distribute the force better. But rather than speculate further, I ordered a Challenger cover today. Amazon had them in stock for $17 and no freight. Once it arrives I'll fab a plate for it and see if the concept is really sound. I'll update you guys with pics. Kudos to norton333 for the whole idea. His method is proven. My only issue was I got the PB cover just for cosmetic purposes, so I didn't want to start off by drilling a hole in it. Anyways I'll have both, so I can see which I like better.

wink

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Y'all made this little project take about 10 minutes....lol

Call me lazy, I just did a black allen head bolt for the parking brake. It's good enough for me.
6607d2eef803e6fc125ae2515a7a0b66.jpg

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Y'all made this little project take about 10 minutes....lol

Call me lazy, I just did a black allen head bolt for the parking brake. It's good enough for me.

Looks good man! My Challenger pedal is supposed to be here Thursday, so I can test my method on it. The little one seems to be doing ok.

wink

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Looks good man! My Challenger pedal is supposed to be here Thursday, so I can test my method on it. The little one seems to be doing ok.

wink
Awesome.....I may go back and revisit mine at some point but it feels sturdy and matches the rest....that's the main thing I cared about.

Thanks for the thread guys.....and finding more ways to spend my hard earned cash. [emoji23]

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The big pedal cover came in today, so I decided I'd go ahead and prototype it. Decided to use plexiglass agains for a couple of reasons. It was there. The little pedal seemed to be doing fine with it. It's easier to work with than metal. And now I have the plexiglass template if I decide to redo it in metal. However it doesn't appear it's gonna budge. I hooked the bottom lip over the little tangs sticking out at the bottom of the pedal so it would be less likely to twist. The hardest part was grinding out the round screw hole for the square shoulder on the screw. But that was to prevent twisting as well. Did it all with the Dremel. A set of files would've been nice though. ;)

With both the little and big covers, I never had to modify either the pedal or the covers. It's all completely reversible.

I'm gonna roll with this for a while and see if it holds up, and to decide which I like better. Right now I'm favoring the big one.

wink

PB_Ped_8.jpg

PB_Ped_9.jpg

PB_Ped_10.jpg

PB_Ped_11.jpg

PB_Ped_12.jpg

PB_Ped_13.jpg

PB_Ped_14.jpg

PB_Ped_15.jpg

PB_Ped_16.jpg

PB_Ped_17.jpg

Last edited:

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks really good! I think I'll go this route. Can you provide any more details.... bolt size, length, etc.

Thanks!