Muffler delete vs Cherry bomb extreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, the time is here to finally modify my exhaust. I have a 2010 QC sport, bone stock. It's a toss up so far between deleting the muffler and just going straight pipe, or a si/do cherry bomb extreme. Depending on how it sounds with whichever route i go, i am considering taking the resonators off too. I like to be heard, can't help it.

I've listened to just about everything on youtube, and I really like both options. My favorite though is a cherry bomb extreme with the resonators removed, but i'm not sure if it's a si/do or 2 si/so on the truck.....would it really make a difference between 1 or 2 mufflers?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
stick with a single muffler / delete kit. it will save you money.

I personally love / have the muffler delete with the stock reso's intact. Thats what alot of my friends who have recently got RAM's are doing and love it.

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So you're saying there is no need to do 2 mufflers? I didn't figure it made a big difference to put 2 instead of 1,especially on my stock application. I was leaning towards the muffler delete, then i heard that cherry bomb video, and its got me torn lol. I guess if i don't like the straight pipe, i can always buy a muffler.

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think i'm actually leaning towards the si/do cherry bomb extreme and resonator delete. If i don't like it, i can always replace it with a straight pipe and sell the cb to a buddy.

The si/do is 2.5" inlet and 2.25" outlet, is that the size that i need?

Thanks.

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds good!

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should i get the 3" in/2.5" out? Is that the correct size?

thanks

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is 3" in and dual 2.5" out.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with DODM80 kit from mufflex and really like it, is a cherry bomb stainless steel?

Sent from rock using chisel and hammer

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is the $30 magnaflow y pipe worth it? The video i posted, hr used a di/do cb muffler, is that necessary or will the si/do be fine?

Thanks

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok, the time is here to finally modify my exhaust. I have a 2010 QC sport, bone stock. It's a toss up so far between deleting the muffler and just going straight pipe, or a si/do cherry bomb extreme. Depending on how it sounds with whichever route i go, i am considering taking the resonators off too. I like to be heard, can't help it.

I've listened to just about everything on youtube, and I really like both options. My favorite though is a cherry bomb extreme with the resonators removed, but i'm not sure if it's a si/do or 2 si/so on the truck.....would it really make a difference between 1 or 2 mufflers?

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

man your truck is going to be way to loud if you delete the **** and res. I went the cheap route and just had my **** replaced with a y pipe. Sounds really good, awesome actually and is pretty loud. This is coming from someone who had a completely straight piped chevy and that thing was really loud. Save your money and just do the muffler.

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump. Is it fully necessary to buy the magnaflow y pipe? Also, is a dual in/dual out muffler going to sound any different than si/do?

Thanks

OP
OP
T

tamcphail89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump.

Looking to purchase the muffler(s) this week.

thanks.