Muffler options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would like to add a performance muffler to have a better sounds, but not really sure what would be best for me... I've listen to clips, but don't want something that is too loud in the cabin, since I have small childrens... I've look at Carven progressive and the Mufflex DOD18 or 24. My main concerns would be drone (i have MDS off with tuner) and too loud in cabin. What would you guys suggest?

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
45 page of clips and vids of exhaust on the top of this page. Surely you can find one that sounds good to you and go from there

Last edited:

Mossybloak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Outdoorsman
24 inch if you're honestly interested in keeping it comfortable for the kiddos. Nice rumble on acceleration but quiet otherwise. Also, keep in mind a muffler that uses packing instead of chambers will get louder over time.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
20 - 24 inch Magnaflow sounds pretty darn good on the Hemi.

I had a 22" Magnaflow on my 2014 6.4L truck. Had Hemifever do a custom tune and turn off MDS. No drone, nice burble at idle, pretty quiet at cruising speeds and you could really hear it at WOT.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Oh yeah...the dual Magnaflows on my SRT sounded good as well.

I've since gone over to a full Corsa system on that car.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
24 inch if you're honestly interested in keeping it comfortable for the kiddos. Nice rumble on acceleration but quiet otherwise. Also, keep in mind a muffler that uses packing instead of chambers will get louder over time.
xxxxxxx

^X2. I wouldn't say my 24" is quiet. Quiet is what that ginormous OEM boat anchor was. The 24" is not obnoxious in the cab and doesn't drone when MDS shuts down 1/2 the cylinders on the freeway. It has a nice "Hey! I've got a Hemi!" note and by adding 5" tips it became a deeper, almost side pipe, tone. Also, chambers are inefficient and restrictive.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going with the borla pro xs, when I do mine. I listened to all the YouTube videos and at first was set on the carvin progressive. Then actually heard one in person. Like the sound just louder then I want.

So I'm going with the borla. It is stainless and the packing is stainless , should last about forever.

Mr Noodle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just put the 24in Magnaflow in mine. It is perfect if you want a sweet grumble when you get on it. No drone on the highway.

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can have a good deal on the Mufflex/Magnaflow here in Canada, now i'm debating between the DOD14, 18 or 24. Love the sound of the 14 from the clips, but worried about drone and cabin noise... Anyone have a clip of cabin noise with one of the Mufflex?

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can have a good deal on the Mufflex/Magnaflow here in Canada, now i'm debating between the DOD14, 18 or 24. Love the sound of the 14 from the clips, but worried about drone and cabin noise... Anyone have a clip of cabin noise with one of the Mufflex?

If you're talking about hottexhaust, they do sell Magnaflow at very good price, but their "mufflex" kit are ripoff. Their are still using Magnaflow mufflers, but the kit are build by them not Mufflex.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you're talking about hottexhaust, they do sell Magnaflow at very good price, but their "mufflex" kit are ripoff. Their are still using Magnaflow mufflers, but the kit are build by them not Mufflex.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mufflex is in New Jersey. They use Magnaflow mufflers and stainless pipe, but it is Mufflex that sells the kit. There is nothing wrong with that and its well made: good welds, proper hangers etc.
Your distributor (hottexhaust?) has no bearing on the quality of the merchandise (although I bought through Moe's Performance and the service was excellent).

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, it is from Hottexhaust, I tough even the Mufflex kit was Magnaflow muffler?
yes they use magnaflow muffler, but what hottexhaust sell is there own version. Last time I tried to get a kit from Hottexhaust I had to cancel my order after almost 3 weeks of being told it's in production...

I purchased a set of Stainless Works headers from them, they shipped me thew wrong one (catless) and instead of getting me the right parts they made me believe it was coming and all kind of story for about 3 months, then I called my credit card company to file a claim and since it had been over 3 months they couldn't do anything. So now I'm selling a set of headers at huge loss and purchased a set of ARH from Moes. Use Hottexhaust at your own risk.

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the information, I will not be dealing with Hottexhaust with what i've learned!
Any one know were I can get the Mufflex kit in Canada?

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well Mufflex option seems to expensive for me, can someone give me the part number of the Magnaflow muffler that is on the Mufflex?