My beautiful wife...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
She knew what I’ve been going through as far as Not being able to get the 2018 due to lack of space. Let me clarify, there’s plenty of space up front for me. It’s just with a wife and two teenaged daughters I felt cramped when test driving it. So my wife’s suggestion was this, both girls are going away to college next year so it will just be the two of us. So buy my 2018 Ram ( better deals to be had ) keep the 2018 Accord as well as my Legacy. This way if we go out as a family we can take the Legacy as it has the most interior space.

By doing this I can now pursue getting the style that I like as opposed to what I would need. Also you can readily get about $14,000 off of these as opposed to $1000.00 off of the 2019. Then also next year when the girls go off to college, my daughter can take the Accord with her and I can use the Legacy as needed as a beater.

Father Of Four

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
She knew what I’ve been going through as far as Not being able to get the 2018 due to lack of space. Let me clarify, there’s plenty of space up front for me. It’s just with a wife and two teenaged daughters I felt cramped when test driving it. So my wife’s suggestion was this, both girls are going away to college next year so it will just be the two of us. So buy my 2018 Ram ( better deals to be had ) keep the 2018 Accord as well as my Legacy. This way if we go out as a family we can take the Legacy as it has the most interior space.

By doing this I can now pursue getting the style that I like as opposed to what I would need. Also you can readily get about $14,000 off of these as opposed to $1000.00 off of the 2019. Then also next year when the girls go off to college, my daughter can take the Accord with her and I can use the Legacy as needed as a beater.

Father Of Four
Okay I’m a little lost, so what are you planning to get now?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a plan. Which college are your daughters going to ?

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just to simplify this I wanted a 2018 1500, tried it fully equipped and there just wasn’t the space that I remembered family wise. Maybe it’s just my daughters have grown or maybe it’s because my truck didn’t have leather. But with all of that being the case, space wise I was needing to do a 2019.

With the voice of logic ( wife ) I don’t have to concern myself with getting a family truck. I can get what will fit for myself and my wife. One daughter in one week will be of driving age. She can use one of the other cars to take her and her sister around. This means I don’t need to worry about having a massive interior.

If we go out as a family of four, we can take the Legacy and my wife can drive. Yes I know it’s a lot to take in lol, imagine how I felt having to buy based upon family at the time living here needs. :)

Father Of Four

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are we talking crew cab?

I've had 4 adults and 1 child car seat in my truck and it didn't feel cramped at all. Even the adults by the car seat were surprised by how much space they had.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I tried a 2018 Limited crewcab, I’m 6’2” and weigh 280lbs. Now I get that you may have fit with four just fine, but I did not. With that being said I was opting for more interior space by going with a 2019. Since I am no longer concerned with the riders in the rear, I can now shop for my 2018 that suits mine and my wife’s need.

Again I was surprised also as my 2011 Bighorn served my family of four faithfully room wise. I’m sure that most of it has to do with after the accident, I do not have the flexibility I did before it.

Father Of Four

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Father of 6 here, 3 boys and 3 girls.. Everyone has their own vehicles now except my 2 youngest daughters still living at home, 12 and 13. I have a crew cab 2500 with bench up front and seat 6 fairly comfortably, I go about 220.
50% of the time we take the daughters somewhere we have at least 1 , sometimes 2 of their friends. the Truck is the only vehicle we have that seats 6 legally.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe you're just trying to talk yourself out of a new truck that you don't really need. Because there is no way a legacy or accord are as spacious as a crew cab. Or am I lost here?

This. A crew cab DS blows away the space of both of those cars. The DT then blows away the DS. The back of DT is like a limo.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m also wondering if we are talking crew cab. One of the biggest reasons I got a new truck. I have two car seats and my wife sometimes sits in the back with the kids. We have plenty of room. In the quad cab it was a different story...

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've fit my 6'3" son and two same size football buddies in the back with me, at 6'3" 275, and wife in the front.
I'm just not understanding the size limits OP is discussing for a crew Cab and a couple daughters in the back.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No doubt. Crew cabs are as roomy as a huge old school sedan. Quad cabs like my 2017? It's OK for kids and short trips. To fit adults back there, the front seats have to be shoved forward.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Crew cab ram not big enough for a family. I’m 6’4” and both my kiddos are tall. All taller than my wife. We all fit great. Any chance you’re looking at a quad cab and not realizing it. They have “4 doors” also but are def tight on space. :Pshyco:

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Crew cab ram not big enough for a family. I’m 6’4” and both my kiddos are tall. All taller than my wife. We all fit great. Any chance you’re looking at a quad cab and not realizing it. They have “4 doors” also but are def tight on space. :Pshyco:
I thought the same thing... but he had a crew cab before it was totaled... that’s where I’m confused as all hell, unless he’s just having a very difficult time with the residuals of his injury and has to throw his seat back all the way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990