Newb Ram Owner... Where should I Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Barrackus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Called Moe's, explained to them what I was looking to do they suggested the Diablotune first, that I wouldnt really see the full potential of the addons until I hooked up the tuner... Also talked to them about the catch can, and because I do I have an internal PCV system I cannot add a catch can, but a way to help cut down on the amount of oil and hot air entering my intake is by adding a small breather filter onto the line from the oil fill to the intake and capping off the intake.. interesting that nobody has come up with a way to tap into the internal PCV system and create a catch can.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
There is a couple of DIY threads of catch cans done for the 3G's. Not sure if its on this forum or not. You can try non foulers in the rear sensors w/ optional 0000 steel wool to remove the CEL when running no cats. Been code free for 6-7 years using this method and still able to pass emissions (OBDII check)

Who ever does your CMR tune can also disable the rear sensors but most likely wont be in a i/m readiness state for emissions.

I would personally put 4.56's on your short list esp' if you are 2WD.

Last edited: