Oil catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njohnson6425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is it possible to install an oil catch can on a 2008 Ram with the 5.7 without some modification? Is the PCV internal on this motor?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The PCV is in the top of the intake manifold behind the throttle body. If you pull the airbox off of the intake and look to the left and behind the throttle body you will see the PCV. It is screwed into the intake and comes out with a quick counter-clockwise turn.

Now, for the catch can installation. Some of the kits for the 03-08 HEMI connect one hose to the oil fillter and the other to the bottom side of the airbox that mounts to the top of the intake. I have personally modified a 5.7 PCV by drilling and tapping the top of it to install a threaded barb fitting and attaching the hose from the top of the PCV to the catch can.

Some of the other kits out there have you drill the rocker covers and install the fittings. I have used several different brands. I have one from C & L that I bought from American Trucks and it works well on my 2004 Ram 1500 QC 5.7

5.7 Intake Manifold-PCV.jpg

Last edited: