Pcm or intake manifold first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What I did when I pulled my TB is I unbolted the bracket that holds the cables. It's like two bolts. lol

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
What I did when I pulled my TB is I unbolted the bracket that holds the cables. It's like two bolts. lol
I just picked it up and moved it to the side and left it connected. I was in a hurry that day. But what's the best place to order online tune up parts. I only get 20% off at work I can get parts cheaper online lol.

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
Rockauto. And probably Summit for nicer stuff.
Yea from where I work the accel cap accel button and accel coil 92 and change not including my discount from summit 72. So ordering from summit saves me 5 bucks after I get my discount from work my total would be 75 but I think I might get next day shipping at work fo free. But then yet again I could always go on ebay and get it probably way cheaper.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yea from where I work the accel cap accel button and accel coil 92 and change not including my discount from summit 72. So ordering from summit saves me 5 bucks after I get my discount from work my total would be 75 but I think I might get next day shipping at work fo free. But then yet again I could always go on ebay and get it probably way cheaper.

I would just go with Summit for reliability. Next day shipping is nice, but Summit ships **** out fast. I ordered mufflers Sunday night and got them Wednesday

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
I would just go with Summit for reliability. Next day shipping is nice, but Summit ships **** out fast. I ordered mufflers Sunday night and got them Wednesday
I was thinking of getting the summit distributor and rotor and a msd coil.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
MSD coil is fine, Accel coil stay away from it.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I try not to buy brand name cap and rotor too much money, just find a good cap with brass terminals. Echlin comes to mind.

Edit: Looked at the Accel cap $19 same as what I pay up here for the Mopar cap.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I was thinking of getting the summit distributor and rotor and a msd coil.
Don't get a distributor. No benefit and it's a ***** to setup the fuel sync.
MSD coil is fine, Accel coil stay away from it.
^This.
What about the Accel cap and rotor.

I put an Accel cap and rotor in my truck years ago now. Been working fine. It was a bit on the high side price wise, but it was the only thing I could readily get locally that was brass.

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
Don't get a distributor. No benefit and it's a ***** to setup the fuel sync.

^This.

I put an Accel cap and rotor in my truck years ago now. Been working fine. It was a bit on the high side price wise, but it was the only thing I could readily get locally that was brass.

Not a full distributor I was talking about the summit racing distributor cap and rotor sorry for the miss understanding . Accel one is pretty cheap 19.99 for the cap 12 for the rotor. But the summit one is 23 for the whole kit I think.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not a full distributor I was talking about the summit racing distributor cap and rotor sorry for the miss understanding . Accel one is pretty cheap 19.99 for the cap 12 for the rotor. But the summit one is 23 for the whole kit I think.

Oh, gotcha.

Do the Summit kit just make sure it's brass. The Accel stuff has gone up since I bought mine. When I did that 3 years ago it was like 13 bucks for the cap and 7 for the rotor. :emotions34:

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
Oh, gotcha.

Do the Summit kit just make sure it's brass. The Accel stuff has gone up since I bought mine. When I did that 3 years ago it was like 13 bucks for the cap and 7 for the rotor. :emotions34:
I got my pcm and put it in today and the mopar pcm feels way lighter than the stock pcm. I noticed the shift points are higher it gets up to about 4 grand then shifts.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got my pcm and put it in today and the mopar pcm feels way lighter than the stock pcm. I noticed the shift points are higher it gets up to about 4 grand then shifts.

I hope that's not under light throttle....lol

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
Okay, as long as it behaves mostly normally when driving it like a normal person.
I have reg gas in my tank I had the radio off windows open and didn't hear anything.

OP
OP
B

bdemutis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360 gas
Updates: Well I bought a snap on plasma cutter and a new welder my brother got. I got a steal on the plasma cutter because my neighbor is awesome and he used to own a car repair shop then he owned a powder coating company. But anyway I'll be making my beefy bumper soon I might just make it out of a truck frame. My neighbor who rents the old powder coating shop does auto repair and has a f350 frame cut up and said I can take any metal I need. It looks like a huge I beam. So I might make it out of that because its free.
Edit: Also my dad backed into my truck with his box truck he bent my bumper so I hooked my gfs ranger to it and bent it back straight and I had to sand and prime a few spots of paint that are messed up hopefully I get the spots touched up tomorrow since it rained all day today.

Trevorlw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To Payoff the amount for a new PCM or Manifold, Yeah. Would take you 3 years to makeup for it then you'd finally consider getting better Gas Mileage.

Trust me... If your towing..... You wont get Better Gas ;)