Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Does anyone know if there is any extra wear to the transmission based on the full power sooner vs. the trans ability to move enough fluid quickly enough to retain long term durability?

There’s no additional wear on the transmission. It only affects the drive by wire lag caused by pcm’s slow speeds which causes the lag.
Since I got my PC I enjoy driving my truck so much more. Passing another vehicle is faster and getting out of a tight spot is easier and quicker also.
I love my PC.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I ran a few tanks through while in Eco mode on the PC, didn't seem to make any difference to MPG. If there was, I'd keep it. It's been turned off for a couple weeks now. Keep forgetting to take it out and sell it, been spending lots of time on the 98 Ram instead.

If it was a lot less money, I probably would keep it for amusement value, but for what it's worth - even used - I can do other things I'd prefer with the $.

Try changing the setting to city +3. When you set the cruise control it cancels the PC and allows the ECO mode to run. It doesn’t affect the mpg cause it’s your foot that controls that.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sweet Jesus the last thing I want my 2500 6.4L to do is upshift even sooner lol Most of us want the damn thing to hold gears longer.....and of course the only way is to "teach" it that is what you want by driving around like a teenager hammering the thing so it "learns" but then when you drive normal for a bit it goes back to 3rd gear at like 15-20mph......

Downshift

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May I ask why

I seem to be one of the few "odd man out". I've had the PC for about 6 months. The Sport+ mode is un-drivable for me, Sport mode is fine if I wanted to race. City mode is decent, but within a day or two, I've adjusted and don't notice it any more except for the lunge I get when taking off from a stop. I tried Eco mode for a few tanks, but didn't get any better mileage.

It's been turned off for over a month, when I figured I'd give it another try as stated above. Same results. There are other things I could have spent the money on.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seem to be one of the few "odd man out". I've had the PC for about 6 months. The Sport+ mode is un-drivable for me, Sport mode is fine if I wanted to race. City mode is decent, but within a day or two, I've adjusted and don't notice it any more except for the lunge I get when taking off from a stop. I tried Eco mode for a few tanks, but didn't get any better mileage.

It's been turned off for over a month, when I figured I'd give it another try as stated above. Same results. There are other things I could have spent the money on.
Wanna sell it? If so PM me.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of y’all have this on an ecodiesel? If so, do you like it?

We have sold a bunch to EcoD owners. I havent heard back from most of them but the few I did was all positive and no news is usually good news

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Installed mine today, and love it! Really transforms how the truck drives.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope on voiding warranty and leaving traces of install. Simple plug and play, takes about 60 seconds to install/uninstall.

I’m considering one of these as well but am also curious about the warranty of my truck since I have the lifetime one.

I realize it doesn’t do anything with the computers or nothing because it runs inline with the gas pedal but about the bracket that holds the unit... I guess if the truck had to go to the dealer for warranty work, you would just peel the bracket off the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You don't have to use the bracket. Lots of guys play with it till they find the proper setting for them and then they zip tie the "controller" under the dash and don't permanently mount it.
Jay

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m considering one of these as well but am also curious about the warranty of my truck since I have the lifetime one.

I realize it doesn’t do anything with the computers or nothing because it runs inline with the gas pedal but about the bracket that holds the unit... I guess if the truck had to go to the dealer for warranty work, you would just peel the bracket off the dash?

You can unclip it from the mount if you want to remove it completely. I doubt the dealership would give you a hard time even if they noticed the mount. If you get the bluetooth version you could mount it in a hidden location where they probably wouldn't notice the mount at all.

I really don't see it would be an issue with the dealer. But, I don't know from personal experience, just what I have read on the forum.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I keep mine tucked up behind the dash & just access it via Bluetooth. Once you find the sweet-spot it's a set it & forget it deal for most I would think.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont have the bluetooth one, have the bracket mounted above my ignition for ease of swapping on the fly. I've taken truck to dealer 3 times since install. Simply remove petal commander and leave bracket. No issues and if they ask, first its nunya, second its a gps bracket, charger bracket, etc.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to my save for later items in my Amazon cart, the bluetooth petal commander just went from 329.99 to 264.99 today, not sure how long they'll last

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I just noticed they have an updated version that’s Bluetooth so with that in mind, it wouldn’t have to mount it outside anywhere. Lol.

I think I might know the answer already but I take it this thing doesn’t do anything to kill the MDS?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've taken truck to dealer 3 times since install. Simply remove petal commander and leave bracket. No issues and if they ask, first its nunya, second its a gps bracket, charger bracket, etc.

You can unclip it from the mount if you want to remove it completely. I doubt the dealership would give you a hard time even if they noticed the mount. If you get the bluetooth version you could mount it in a hidden location where they probably wouldn't notice the mount at all.

I really don't see it would be an issue with the dealer. But, I don't know from personal experience, just what I have read on the forum.

I dunno, I may just be a little bit too overly concerned about it since this is my very first brand new vehicle with factory warranty, and even a lifetime warranty at that, but I just figured that by having a pedal commander bracket stuck to the dash in plain sight would be an “issue-causer” if they at the dealership saw it and knew what it was...lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93