Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Headlight/Foglight bulb ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you guys have 9006 bulbs in those fogs do the 9012 conversion, 800 more lumens. You can thank me later

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you guys have 9006 bulbs in those fogs do the 9012 conversion, 800 more lumens. You can thank me later
Just using different bulbs?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That was my reasoning for ordering the 9006 bulbs for the fogs. All the bulb ordering guides said they were 9014. I might go back and get the 9012 if they plug in.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I may upgrade the low lights and the fog lights. We'll see.
I don't use the highbeams that must to warrant an upgrade on them.

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had my issues with the lights too and I was doing them at closing time at work lol. So how do you like em? Better? Worth it? Here's my night shots with/low beams and fogs.

I actually backed out of the getting the Phillips Crystalvision. There was a lot of threads on them and tests. They have very white light and it (from what I read) gave more detail to things up close and appeared to be stronger but actually had less distance and a high burn out rate. The burn out rate alone, made me back away. I don't drive a ton at night, but when I do, It's long stretches of time and distance. I'd hate to be in the middle of nowhere and lose headlights. Seems with halogen... the whiter the light, the faster they burn out.

I found http://bulbfacts.com/ and they seemed to have solid info like other places, but it was organized and easily compared. I went with the Phillips X-Tremevision and I'm pretty impressed with them. They might not have that pure white light but they get distance and great coverage. They might not be top end bulbs, but the price, lifespan and added brightness and distance was impressive over stock. They are whiter but not Crystalvision white.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Crystalvision will give you white light, but extemevision will give better output. Philips now has racingvision which is 20 percent more output than the extemevision, but half the lifespan.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That was my reasoning for ordering the 9006 bulbs for the fogs. All the bulb ordering guides said they were 9014. I might go back and get the 9012 if they plug in.
They will not plug right in, you’ll have to clip one tab slightly.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I’ve owned 1 gen 3 and 3 gen 4 RAMs. I’ve had experience with both quads and projectors. Without question HID is king for projectors! Even if you decide not to upgrade your headlights I’d start by tossing a set of LED’s in the fogs. You’d be surprised how much more you can see without getting flashed by oncoming traffic!

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Crystalvision will give you white light, but extemevision will give better output. Philips now has racingvision which is 20 percent more output than the extemevision, but half the lifespan.
Exactly. It's about finding a balance between output and how often you feel like changing bulbs. For me, the CVU bulbs are a good upgrade for halogen and have given me a long life. Haven't heard of racing vision yet, thanks for the info.

Bert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was wondering the same thing since I'm getting morimoto fog lights, but I just want to change the high and low beams to whiter halogens. Sounds like the crystalvision is better than silverstar for bulb life. I have PIAA halogens in my old truck and they've been great, but also pricey.

PNW2Tone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
what bulbs do you have in the headlight and fogs? those look really white and BRIGHT
Philips Crystal vision Ultra. Highs/Lows/Fogs. For a simple halogen upgrade, they've been great for me in a couple cars.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Here my new Phillips Extreme low beams and Crystal Vision ultra fogs. Nice bright white no yellow. Not as good as LED or HID I am sure but way better that stock and for only $17 a bulb totally worth it. I wanted to start with these and then see if I really want to spend the big bucks on projectors.

New bulbs.jpg

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So do you think the extreme vision stock size bulbs are better than doing the conversion to the other bulbs? can’t get the extremes in h9 for the lows and 9012 for fogs to do both lol

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine has H11 low beam, 9005 high beam and 9006 fogs from the factory. X-treme Vision had all 3 of those. I noticed a big difference without doing the conversion. The true test will be in the rain at night in low lit areas. That's when I really had trouble with the stock bulbs. If that's still an issue, then I will upgrade.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine has H11 low beam, 9005 high beam and 9006 fogs from the factory. X-treme Vision had all 3 of those. I noticed a big difference without doing the conversion. The true test will be in the rain at night in low lit areas. That's when I really had trouble with the stock bulbs. If that's still an issue, then I will upgrade.
Yea I saw they had all the factory sizes, just would’ve been cool to get them in the sizes of the more powerful/brighter conversions people are doing for a even more significant difference.

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So for us with the quads if I wanted to upgrade HB, LB, Fog what Phillips would I get?
What I've gotten out of this thread as I've followed it is if you want to keep the quads then the clear light upgrade is Phillips crystal ultra and the farthest beam is the Phillips Xtreme. I've not had either and was set on Opt7 LED but I'm really trying to decide if that's the better option or spending $150 on halogen replacements is the way to go.....