RA3 RA4 update improvements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mulls1234

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone noticed any vast improvements since they preformed the update?

I for one can say that the touch sensitivity has been improved a little bit and maybe another option or two on navigation screen but other than that nothing to impressive. Any and all input welcome.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The update caused me 4 days in a row of a dead battery. After talking to Uconnect Access they said my truck was stuck constantly trying to contact their servers because the update didn't go through properly even though it completed without a problem.

It's at the dealership now where Uconnect has reccomended to the dealer to downgrade the firmware back to what it had. lol.

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
no updates

I have spent the last week and a half trying to get my radio to work after a uconnect rep asked me to do the update, even though I had called with just a question. After the upgrade all my uconnect apps went away. I have worked almost daily with uconnect who has sent me to the dealer two times. the first was to have the dealer have Chrysler update their software to match my trucks. No success, Chrysler indicated it could not be done. on the second visit uconnect said to have the software in my truck rolled back to anything in the 12.X.X range of firmware, that was today. The dealer again check and there is no way to roll firmware upgrades back. I even tried downloading a fresh install of the firmware from the uconnect server and reinstalling with no difference. I called Ram support and they confirmed with me that firmware cannot be rolled back. Looks like I will wait for the dealer to see if anything short or a unit radio replacement will work. Let's see!!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh boy, thats not good news, mine is at the dealer as we speak, they said they are going to attempt to "roll it back" unreal! Was it killing your battery?

They will just have to replace my radio then if nothing else.

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Never killed the battery, the dealer has two trucks with the same problem. both were NAV available units that had NAV installed by the dealer.

Unless Chrysler comes up with a software patch or change I am going to push for a new Radio.

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
If your dealer is successful in a rollback let me know who it is and I will refer my dealer to them.

Thanks

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thanks will do same for you too. They are going to attempt it tomorrow. Did you notice that when your apps are gone the assist feature doesn't work either.

I told them they need to get the software straight or a new radio ASAP. I use the truck daily for work and I certainly can't use my dodge dart loaner on the job lol

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Chrysler asked me about the assist features, I have not tried or needed to use them. tomorrow I will see whether they work or not.

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still waiting on the dealership to get back to me to find out if they can roll the firmware back. Besides the fact that the apps are gone, I also cannot connect blue tooth any longer. One main problem that I had after I would lock up my truck, everything would shut off, about 40 seconds after the dash lights and screen turned off, the dash and screen would turn back on and stay on. Locked or unlocked the dash lights came back on. Anyone who has had their battery going dead, may want to check to see if this is happening with you trucks. I know the radios are the major power draw since it is constantly trying to connect to internet, but this can also trickle down your battery also. My dealership tried everything they could to reset the system, finally had to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to correct the problem.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm still waiting on the dealership to get back to me to find out if they can roll the firmware back. Besides the fact that the apps are gone, I also cannot connect blue tooth any longer. One main problem that I had after I would lock up my truck, everything would shut off, about 40 seconds after the dash lights and screen turned off, the dash and screen would turn back on and stay on. Locked or unlocked the dash lights came back on. Anyone who has had their battery going dead, may want to check to see if this is happening with you trucks. I know the radios are the major power draw since it is constantly trying to connect to internet, but this can also trickle down your battery also. My dealership tried everything they could to reset the system, finally had to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to correct the problem.

Ok, I'll have them check that while it's in. I never noticed any lights turning back on and especially not the radio screen.

I did a test, Friday night I left the radio and everything connected, Saturday morning, battery dead as a door knob. Saturday evening, I took the dash apart and unplugged the radio (since there doesn't seem to be a fuse), Sunday morning..... truck started right up!

So did amp draws, even after setting awhile, all lights disabled including hood light, truck with radio connected drawing around 3.5amps. Unplug the radio, amp draw.... around .45 miliamps.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They told me today they can't get the firmware rolled back or the dodge firmware to match the radio firmware so they are waiting for how to proceed from dodge/chrysler.

I'm getting irritated with this whole thing, I bought (2) 2013 Big Horns, 1 is dead every morning with the Uconnect radio stuff, the other, has the most annoying squeak rattle from the front end.

Both of them now they are stumped on and have dodge/chrysler involved!

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crap....My dealer told me they were updating mine.

I just brought it in and they told me my RF Module was bad. Been there a week so far. I am hoping I have no problems with mine.

OP
OP
M

Mulls1234

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow cannot believe a few of you are having such terrible problems, keep us updated on what the resolve is for sure

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Day 3 still no dice. I told them they need to replace the radio and get on with it!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Dont update! Mine is at the dealer too, and I have been also updating Chrysler/Ram on the info. They informed me they were waiting for engineering to figure out how to restore the firmware etc.

I told them that I'm not waiting on my time and I'm not going to be a part of their research & development. I firmly stated I want a new radio with the old firmware and then I can be on my way, and they can use my radio once it's out of my truck as a test because I AM SURE, they will have many more.

They said they couldn't just replace etc. I posted on their Facebook page the same story, amazingly, 2 hours later, dealership service manager calls me and informed me Ram corporate etc authorized replacement of radio.... imagine that!

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, at the dealers again today. This time for a radio replacement. the uconnect apps are back, but will not register. Bing keeps try but gives up and indicates a server problem. I again called uconnect. Bridget seemed to be aware of problems with radio replacements and re-registering with the uconnect system. She reopened my ongoing ticket and forwarded it to engineering. The are suppose to be working on this known issue and I should hear back in around 3-4 days. Again, we will see what happens.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Wow, what a cluster. Very dissapointing because this system has so much potential if everything worked as promised. Wonder how the guys that spent 100K on a viper and have the same issues are feeling?....

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I figure ill just be glad to get the truck back and have no more dead battery.

So when you say the apps won't register does that also mean your assist button or the app for your phone to remote lock/unlock don't work also?

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
After replacement of radio by dealer the uconnect apps were back but nothing is register or works not by iphone, internet, assist,,, anything.

I have made three calls to uconnect starting last Friday. The first said they were aware of new radio issue and were working on it and give them about 4 days and they would get back to me. I decided to call for status today and I was advised to reregister, but use a second email address I have, and to call them and let them know if it was successful. (it wasn't). Called back and another rep told me that I was only given part of the solution. Now they are disassociating my VIN on the vehicle from any radios and told me it takes about 24 to 48 hours for this to take effect. I should call them back to make sure the account is no longer associated and then I can start the registration process over using my original email I used when I registered the radio with my VIN. Well, looks like I wait another few days and see if it works or not.