RA3 RA4 update improvements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the info, I am going to call Uconnect now since my new radio gets installed tomorrow.

What about your XM/Sirius subscription, was that a pain to re-activate?

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sirrus was not an issue other than having to reset stations on all radio stations. I received an email that the account associated with my VIN had been removed. I attempted without success to reregister. I called and worked with the rep for about an hour following her instructions on attempting to register with the original and another email account I have.
neither worked. Never received a email at either address with activation instructions. Then she wanted me to go BACK TO THE DEALER!!! and have them reinstall the firmware. the very problem that started this whole mess. I insisted that she open a ticket and forward to their engineers. I also called the dealer and we both had what I am not sure was a laugh or a good cry at their asking us to start all over. The dealer is going to contact uconnect and Chrysler tomorrow and see what can be done. The software version on the radio now is the same as the one I patched with to that started the problem. Lets see what the dealer and the uconnect engineers dream up this time!!

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got mine back today, I just can't register the Uconnect. Assist, 911 etc they all work just not the apps which is the Bing / text speaking app also.

I spoke to a Uconnect senior tech rep and they said they are in fact aware of the issue and they are working on a software update as they said that is the only way that the issue can be resolved.

I said oh boy, here we go again, thats how I got here in the first place. They assured me that the new update will be fine, I'll believe it when I see it

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Remember, this system is in several vehicles now. They need to get it right, & soon!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

dave1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
hemi 5.7
VdubBry,, I got the same response today when I followed up with uconnect, no definite date, but hoping within the next week. I guess we'll see. They are suppose to call.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yah, I told the gal I spoke with I was flat out leary of applying any updates after what happened the last time lol

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They did fix it. It was automatic. Uconnect called me this morning but I had already figured it out. At some point yesterday they sent a signal to the radio because when I went in to the Uconnect tab it said getting data and then the radio reset. So for the heck of it I tried the registration again. Got the email instantly used my existing mopar connect account. All is well :)

Cannuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found out I have a dead battery after letting my truck sit for 3 days. My unconnect screen is frozen and there is no volume. Looks like it froze when updating and is killing my battery as it keeps trying to update. !!!

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I just found out I have a dead battery after letting my truck sit for 3 days. My unconnect screen is frozen and there is no volume. Looks like it froze when updating and is killing my battery as it keeps trying to update. !!!

After recharging your battery attempt to re-do the update. I would re-download the file - perhaps you had a corrupted file as these updates are working.