Rear Water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That horse won’t drink .

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today I do this gasket replacement, clean all surfaces from the old gasket, and put the new one on the light fixture and back on the cabin, but what I think is the real problem, the screws, only 2 of them ,widened a part,one was loose allready, so there is not enough pressure force to really squeeze the gasket evenly, not good design by FCA,can't do much about it,if you push harder, the fixture may crack, so on the end ,I sealed the fixture all around with silicone, hope this fix the leak.
This is a fact. The retaining clip on the can body can be sloppy/loose and not give the screw a very good hold. You can pry the clip out and use a pair of pliers to bend the tang down so the screw gets a better bite.

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a fact. The retaining clip on the can body can be sloppy/loose and not give the screw a very good hold. You can pry the clip out and use a pair of pliers to bend the tang down so the screw gets a better bite.
Too late now,the whole fixture is sealed, if this won't stop the leak,then I may try.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Too late now,the whole fixture is sealed, if this won't stop the leak,then I may try.
Hope it holds for you. I cracked my lens from over tightening the screw. Thought I was good to go only for it to leak again from the crack that I never noticed. I purchased the Dorman replacement for half the price of the OEM and the seal on that leaked within a year. I feel your pain.