Rearend collision Test - Ram 1 Mitsubishi 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stopped at a light, took a direct hit from a 2004 Mitsubishi. Driver wasn't paying attention. He braked, but not enough. Damage to bumper, bumper cap, sensors, and exhaust system. Was able to drive home with no weird noises or issues.

Other driver was riding dirty. No insurance, vehicle not registered properly. Motor cop was great. Smacked him with citations for no insurance and careless driving, which all require a visit with the judge. Luckily I drive with full coverage.

zr7YERE.jpg

oeBiORf.jpg

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sorry for the damage! The no insurance thing would have probably had me in front of the judge as well for smacking the other driver in the mouth.

Side note - Where did you get the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tailgate emblem?

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Daughter had a similar issue. She has a 2016 Wrangler with 4" lift and 4.88's but needed something a little more economical for work so bought my mothers 2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited for $5k cash. She only put liability insurance on it since she figured if she drove it for a year she would get her moneys worth. Car was spotless with only 40,000 miles on it. A week after she got it a guy rear ended her. Guy had no drivers license, vehicle belonged to his girlfriend. The insurance info the guy gave her came back to a cancelled policy for non-payment. Daughter tried getting ahold of the girlfriend for a week with no response. Body shop said damages were slightly more than the value of the car so was going to total it. She finally got ahold of the girlfriend and found they did have insurance through a new company but they drug their feet. Body shop belonged to a friend of mine and she asked him not to total it. Even if they gave her the market value check for totaling it she would have never been able to find another one in that good of shape with that low of miles for $5000. In the end the body shop fixed it using some used parts but it took about 6 weeks to get the car back, mostly from the other insurance dragging their feet. Irresponsible people are very irritating!

Son has a 2018 2500 Ram and got rear ended a few months ago by a Hummer. Bent his hitch down, bent the bumper, cracked the bumper cover, poked a hole in the one bed side corner and a small dent in the other side. That guy had insurance though.

FPrice

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Same thing happened to me just 6 days after I picked up my new (to me) used Ram 1500. Only this driver did have insurance. MSP Trooper who responded only did an exchange of information report since he "estimated" less than a $1000 of damage to my truck. Actually came to around $1600 or so, which they changed to the other driver.

OP
OP
KnurledNut

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
By law....we are required to have insurance.....I pay my insurance and I can't stand these jerks who get away with not having any. If someone is involved in an accident and doesn't have insurance....their driving license should be revoked....if they do it again.....jail the jerks. If it's the law....do it or pay the price.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow wtf is wrong with people. You'd think if you were going to break that many laws to drive you could at least pay attention while driving. I agree with Jerrybob, need much stricter laws or punishments for that stuff.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Wife has a 'friend' that has been busted for driving with no license and no insurance at least 7 or 8 times. Last time she was supposed to do jail time but somehow got out of that. And while waiting for her hearing on that she was caught again. Sometimes a couple times a week. Now her son started getting busted for the same thing. They don't pay their insurance then get their license revoked for not having insurance or having to many citations or whatever the case. It's really aggravating.

Back to something that was mentioned earlier...you see guys on Live PD all the time with cars full of drugs that are driving a car with a burned out light or go through a stop sign. You'd think they would try to be more careful. Stupid is as stupid does though.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
By law....we are required to have insurance.....I pay my insurance and I can't stand these jerks who get away with not having any. If someone is involved in an accident and doesn't have insurance....their driving license should be revoked....if they do it again.....jail the jerks. If it's the law....do it or pay the price.

Their license is suspended for a no insurance crash. Typically the second time caught driving suspended is a misdemeanor. Habitual violation can eventually become a felony, but that's more for multiple DUIs and the like. You might see people in small towns go to jail for a bit but bigger cities it's unlikely. It's just too common and jail space too limited. Best the cops can usually do is two the car with a hold for proof of insurance so they'll at least have to pay a tow bill and show insurance to get it out of impound. The courts don't care.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Their license is suspended for a no insurance crash. Typically the second time caught driving suspended is a misdemeanor. Habitual violation can eventually become a felony, but that's more for multiple DUIs and the like. You might see people in small towns go to jail for a bit but bigger cities it's unlikely. It's just too common and jail space too limited. Best the cops can usually do is two the car with a hold for proof of insurance so they'll at least have to pay a tow bill and show insurance to get it out of impound. The courts don't care.

You're unfortunately correct....we have laws...we don't enforce them...you and I pay the price. We should get tougher and build bigger jails......maybe cut off their right foot on the second occurrence to make it harder to drive....at least that way.....we could tell who the non insurance violators are. I am open to suggestions.....as long as they don't drive without insurance.

RedDwg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Always carry Uninsured/Under-insured Driver Insurance. Doesn't cost much and is a life saver. I've had to use it a time or two.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Same thing happened to me just 6 days after I picked up my new (to me) used Ram 1500. Only this driver did have insurance. MSP Trooper who responded only did an exchange of information report since he "estimated" less than a $1000 of damage to my truck. Actually came to around $1600 or so, which they changed to the other driver.
In California if you do not have insurance or it lapses the companies will notify the DMV. In our border community of San Ysidro many vehicles cross with zero coverage.
Last week I saw a brand new(paper plates) F-150 with a bed crumpled up like Reynolds HD aluminum foil. The car that rear ended it was a Honda Accord. The Honda's zillion bags inflated but no bag inflation on the F-150.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got more damage from a parking pole...you're so lucky.

Side note: ever notice how many Ram owners have a driver side ding from backing into parking poles?
Its my new "Slug Bug"

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
Always carry Uninsured/Under-insured Driver Insurance. Doesn't cost much and is a life saver. I've had to use it a time or two.

Very true. Another note to add: I had an apprentice who was T-boned by an uninsured non-citizen and was out of work for over a month because of it. He had "Uninsured Motorist" coverage and it paid him his normally-expected (no overtime) wages for the whole time, nice.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stopped at a light, took a direct hit from a 2004 Mitsubishi. Driver wasn't paying attention. He braked, but not enough. Damage to bumper, bumper cap, sensors, and exhaust system. Was able to drive home with no weird noises or issues.

Other driver was riding dirty. No insurance, vehicle not registered properly. Motor cop was great. Smacked him with citations for no insurance and careless driving, which all require a visit with the judge. Luckily I drive with full coverage.

oeBiORf.jpg

Bad thing is, the next time you see this guy he will still not have a DL, insurance and he will be driving the car exactly as you see it here.