recall notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
I got a recall notice in the mail today for the brake transmission shift interlock. it says it effects certain 2011 models that have a column shifter. apparently the truck can shift out of park without using the brake pedal and without a key in the ignition. there isn't a solution yet, they just want to be sure I use the parking brake correctly.......lol . ill be notified when there is a solution to fix this. I'm wondering if anyone else got this notice yet?

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yup same. And my driveway has like a 45 degree gradient hah

Weeeeeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I logged into the Ram Owner’s site to check on a warranty and there is a notice there about the recall on my 2018 Ram 3500. I thought I read someplace the ‘18 model year trucks don’t have this issue.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
And the recall says they are working on a fix. This notice probably went out to satisfy NHTSA. Since we were notified of the problem FCA may never come up with a fix. We have been warned.

Softe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Received mine this week. Appt made to have it checked. Also on the letter they will do an upgrade on the Body Control Module software. ?? Any one have the upgrade done?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Certain years/models already have a fix released. It’s replacing parts of the shifter if required and a software update for the BCM. Personally I haven’t seen a truck yet that actually failed the test and needed parts replaced.

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my recall performed last week. Still waiting for it to finish showing up on the Mopar owners site, seems like it takes over a week for dealer updates to show in the system. Also sometimes it shows in the mobile app for several days prior to the website. No parts needed to be replaced and the BCM flashed.