Recommendations For Car Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Those race ramps look good, I'm just a little nervous about those molded plastic ramps like rhino ramps. Currently I have an older set of "bent" metal ramps, but I should get something better...

TRANSMITTERGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the Rhino and sheet metal ramps and use and love the Rhino ramps. My tires are too wide for the sheet metal ones. The Rhino ramps seem very strong and wide enough for my tires to fit. They are light and stack for easy storage like the sheet metal ones.

TRX-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a bigger guy with a 2009 1500 4x4. I'm planning on changing the transmission filter and fluid (for the first time since I've owned it). What kind do you use?
I have a 09 Dodge Ram TRX-4 also. Always use WIX filters ...!!!
Make sure your careful when you put the ring seal in place. Use a socket to slowly tap it into place till it seats.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I've been using the same Rhino ramps for years. Don't know if they're still making these ones or not but they are Blitz Rhino Ramps 12000lbs part# 11905. i think i bought them back in 2010 or even before that.
49795713576_c29901ace4_4k.jpg2020-04-19_07-14-17 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

I have a non-branded set that look 100 percent identical to those. Have worked great, though I have shot them out from under the truck trying to get the truck on them when I goosed the gas a little too much for the climb up :rotflmao:

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Ramps are easy...

8M7JoWt.jpg
Going to buy the wood for my ramps today. I just cannot trust the molded ramps under my 3500. Over the years I have lost acoupleof friends to badk jack stands or ramps. And I can make a set for my dually if I thought necessary.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm a bigger guy with a 2009 1500 4x4. I'm planning on changing the transmission filter and fluid (for the first time since I've owned it). What kind do you use?

So you still have oem trans filters on your truck for over a decade, which means the spin on filter hasn't filtered anything for probably 10 years, and the only thing that has been filtering is sump filter. When you change oem filter and replace it will oem filter, you need to be careful because it is plastic, if you over tighten you can damage plastic and not even know it. A guy here on RF lost his transmission this way. Whether you use synthetic media with bypass or not, you should look at metal thread upgrade, all you need to know in this thread.

You want the high temp orange silicone for trans gasket, and you want to follow the instructions to a t. Let dry til tacky, lightly bolt on, then tightly bolt on in the morning. Don't fill the trans while pan is still drying. You may know all this, just say'n.

81180.jpg

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Years ago when I was still farming, I has some bridge timbers 14 inch sq. and 3 x 12 or 14 inch fir planks, used a big ass chain saw and cut a long slow slope , I used them for everything up to tractors and highway tractors. I always made sure I has stop blocks, the planks where for the cars as the bumpers would hit before the tires where to the blocks. But in a city garage that would be a bit overkill for space . I used them to chance a auto transmission on a ford ranger, front end on the ramps , back end picked up with loader and more blocks under the back end . But a word of advice, if the trans. goes in one , just sell the POS. It was the dog's and tool truck, so the Ram stays clean.
I don't see any stop blocks on those nice ones you guys built, drive off the other end is not good.
Only problem with that high was slope is quite a bit , but you could sit up under the truck.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a non-branded set that look 100 percent identical to those. Have worked great, though I have shot them out from under the truck trying to get the truck on them when I goosed the gas a little too much for the climb up :rotflmao:
Word of advice: don't keep the pedal commander on Sport + when driving onto ramps.

Berto7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've done well using the heavy duty steel ramps but modified by adding a bolt on wedge at the initial slope. I also add a cargo strap on each and roll them out flat and parallel. I drive over the straps and up the ramps. The straps under the rear wheels prevent the ramps from sliding forward when used on slick concrete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500