REDLINE OIL long term use ( all redline users come in )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
ok, I just register to this forum just to ask this, I'm gear head and oil nut, my favorite oil is PUP I have been using it for a long time, I did read allot about REDLINE OIL, and the curiosity got the best of me so I try it in my 2020 ram with 20k miles on it, my truck have never have any hemi tick or cold start knock of any sort, but I must say after I switch to RL that motor got smoother and quieter , here is my question to you long time RL users , at what milage you start using the RL and how many miles are on your truck now, what are you high lights low light of using the Rl oil. is there any down side of using redline oil? to the best of my knowledge the RL IS NOT Chrysler certified .

Add some Lubegard to the oil and Miracle Mystery Oil to the gas.

You will question if the engine is on; it is so quiet.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Add some Lubegard to the oil and Miracle Mystery Oil to the gas.

You will question if the engine is on; it is so quiet.

You don't need to add LG to RL which already has a lot of moly, it's not going to help any.

And I question the wisdom of throwing anything labeled "miracle" in my gas tank but that could just be me.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I switched to redline 5w30 w/royal purple filter at 44300 miles. Clock is at 45800 now.

I don't know if it's the RP filter or the oil that's causing it but the warm idle oil pressure is higher. Never drops below 40 psi.

No codes or lights after 1500 miles.
Redline 5w30 will tend to give you 2 psi higher over 20 weight anything, I would not expect the rp 20-820 to raise psi, now if you had the 10-48 that would give higher psi and also negative psi as in it's cousin filter has thrown some codes. I would guess some oem filters that size have thrown codes, but not enough for mopar to admit an issue, hell they don't even admit hemi tick yet, lol. However, amsoil has more integrity and admits there is an issue with the smaller filter. So far 20-500's and especially 20-820's I have not heard a single issue with restriction in over a decade.

TunaFresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone stuck with Redline long term?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My 14 has been on Redline 5W-30 from it's first oil change at roughly 800 miles,and it gets the hell beat out of it at the dragstrip pretty well every week-end in the summer. It has over 600 nitrous dragstrip passes on it,shifting at 6600 rpm,and roughly 80,000 miles now,and it still pumps 218 psi on every cylinder. Truck still runs identical numbers to when it was new and had the cam changed and the nitrous went on it,truck also beats 707/717 horse Hellcats easily through the 1/8th,and if the driver is on the ball they'll just catch it before the lights on the 1/4 mile.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My 14 has been on Redline 5W-30 from it's first oil change at roughly 800 miles,and it gets the hell beat out of it at the dragstrip pretty well every week-end in the summer. It has over 600 nitrous dragstrip passes on it,shifting at 6600 rpm,and roughly 80,000 miles now,and it still pumps 218 psi on every cylinder. Truck still runs identical numbers to when it was new and had the cam changed and the nitrous went on it,truck also beats 707/717 horse Hellcats easily through the 1/8th,and if the driver is on the ball they'll just catch it before the lights on the 1/4 mile.

Yeah, but do ya tow?! ;-)