Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is the comparison between 10-48 (left) and 20-820 (right)

View attachment 165152

Thanks for posting. This was exactly what I was looking for. Glad I waited till tonight to order (purposely was waiting for as many people to respond as able). Looks like it’s time to step up to the 20-820.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep this is why I use the 20-820 more inlet holes & should be more [emoji817]% synthetic media .

I'd still use the 10-48 if I couldn't get the 20-820 though [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

31,000 post reads ago I wouldn’t care about inlet holes and media material. But I have seen the light. lol. Thanks.

Some say it’s a tight fit. I hope on my 2016 there’s room. It appears there would be given taking a glance underneath.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live on tacos, every day never get tired of them. But if you want something different find a local mexican food place that does cactus, we have one here that does a cactus/steak plate, man it is incredible. If you find a place that knows their cactus, it can taste better then the steak, as in this place. The steak they serve is just a skirt steak, nothing special. But the cactus is done right. Below isn't the one this place serves, but it is a similar shape, they just have their own sauce they put on it, man literally tastes better then the steak that comes with it. Happy 5th for those who celebrate it, like me.

028a2cf7423b66a0239ae71834573f79.jpg

It’s odd the first time you order it. But tastes so good when made correctly. Always try and have it when I go to the SW or Cali.

Seeing as I live in IL not many cactus options. So opted for homemade fajitas and fajita quesadillas [emoji1786]

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
31,000 post reads ago I wouldn’t care about inlet holes and media material. But I have seen the light. lol. Thanks.

Some say it’s a tight fit. I hope on my 2016 there’s room. It appears there would be given taking a glance underneath.

Clean the o-ring mating surface on your truck before going to the larger filter. The o-ring is ever so slightly different size.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s odd the first time you order it. But tastes so good when made correctly. Always try and have it when I go to the SW or Cali.

Seeing as I live in IL not many cactus options. So opted for homemade fajitas and fajita quesadillas [emoji1786]

I just drove through Illinois on.my what to St. Louis ...small world [emoji106]

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep as U&A pointed out the surface on the oil filter manifold will be rough and rusty most likely , so clean it real good with fine sandpaper or scotch brite as the sealing ring is a bit larger in diameter on the 20-820 filter ...don't want any leaks [emoji106]

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Clean the o-ring mating surface on your truck before going to the larger filter. The o-ring is ever so slightly different size.

Thanks for the advice. Would hate to waste redline and leave an oil stain on my driveway.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
The earlier non AFM 6.2's(2013 and older) are as bulletproof as any other earlier LS engines with little to no problems. The kicker on the 6.2 is the need to run 91 octane gas at a minimum. Premium is still relatively inexpensive now($2.90 average here)but with the volatility of gas prices over the last 15 years it could easily skyrocket to $5 a gallon with a regime change in Washington. Good luck finding a low mileage 5.3 Tahoe,Yukon,etc in the 2007-2014 body style where the damage may already have started just waiting to bite you in the ass unfortunately. Expedition rides a lot better and gets pretty decent gas mileage and has a lot more power with the 3.5 ECO but that's a story for another day.

great info! so it sounds like it would be best to look for a 14 and older (you said '13 but did they change with the body style change for '15?) 6.2. so that would be denali or escalade. my only issue with this would be that i really wanted to go 4wd and not awd. awd was up until 15. just dont like factory awd systems as i like to control the vehicle, not deal with factory fuel cut off when spinning etc BS. this is for the wife however, so maybe awd is best. i would also rather pay a bit more for premium fuel vs cam and lifters if and when they go.

after having heated seats and steering wheel in my ram, i want it in whatever i buy.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Yes you are BAD! Hell I must be bad too because with the recent uptick in gas prices I haven't put anything but 87 in my RAM in several months with no adverse effects. I'm actually surprised that your 6.2 is tolerating it as every single GM V-8 I've owned in the last GOD knows how many years(especially the 4.8 and 5.3) have all been finicky about cheap gas and they all spark knocked on 87 with the stock 200 degree thermostat. The RAM must have better knock sensors. That body style you have has the best ride of the bunch. I rode in a 2017/18 Suburban on a 600 mile round trip in November 2017 and was not impressed. Even with coils in the back it rode the same as the leaf sprung trucks did to me which was extremely stiff. It did get fantastic mileage though with the DI 5.3 though. We averaged over 20 MPG for the trip and that was driving mostly 85-90 MPH believe it or not. You should have no problem getting 300-350K plus miles with little no problems out of the motor.

very surprising. from everything i read, they say the new style 2015 and newer is better in about every way. i have ran 89 every tank from when i bought it until 2 weeks ago. i accidently hit 87 so i just did around 10 gallons. i honestly felt no difference whatsoever. the only time i have noticed anything with fuel mileage was on a tank of shell gas. i got the best mileage i have ever gotten on 89 and i drove hilly backroads. should not have gotten the mileage i got. only thing i can point to is that station. since then my mileage has gone back to where it always was. that shell was a few towns over, about 20 minutes out of the way.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Yep as U&A pointed out the surface on the oil filter manifold will be rough and rusty most likely , so clean it real good with fine sandpaper or scotch brite as the sealing ring is a bit larger in diameter on the 20-820 filter ...don't want any leaks [emoji106]

i got lucky! swapped from mopar to the 20-820 filter. just took the old off and screwed the new on. no leaks. good advice though. i SHOULD have done that.

Zack02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i got lucky! swapped from mopar to the 20-820 filter. just took the old off and screwed the new on. no leaks. good advice though. i SHOULD have done that.

For what it's worth, when I changed from the 10 to 20 in March, the o-ring difference was a 1/16th of an inch. The difference I'm getting on Rebel's photo is just over 1/8" (0.13"), in bluebeam. Not worth the time to sand the mounting plate down, IMO.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live on tacos, every day never get tired of them. But if you want something different find a local mexican food place that does cactus, we have one here that does a cactus/steak plate, man it is incredible. If you find a place that knows their cactus, it can taste better then the steak, as in this place. The steak they serve is just a skirt steak, nothing special. But the cactus is done right. Below isn't the one this place serves, but it is a similar shape, they just have their own sauce they put on it, man literally tastes better then the steak that comes with it. Happy 5th for those who celebrate it, like me.

028a2cf7423b66a0239ae71834573f79.jpg

So this is what I can do with all that cactus on the 12 acres I'll be closing on in a few days! Plus, with all the mesquite there, too, I can smoke those things...thanks for the idea, B!

TXCOMT

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
So this is what I can do with all that cactus on the 12 acres I'll be closing on in a few days! Plus, with all the mesquite there, too, I can smoke those things...thanks for the idea, B!

TXCOMT

In seriousness,

Im pretty sure some cactus is poisonous for us. Just be carful[emoji1787]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
They sell the spikes and all.

920x920.jpg

xeriminox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got off the phone with the dealership--my Ram with 74K miles will be getting a new Cam Shaft, courtesy of Mopar extended warranty, thankfully. Apparently, the lifters are fine--which does strike me as odd. But, they went so far as to talk me out of paying for lifters out of pocket.

For inquiring minds; I've been running Redline 5w30 consistently for the last three changes or 15K miles. Prior to that I consistently ran Mobil1 or PYB 5w20 with a short infatuation with Amsoil 5w20.

Last edited:

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got off the phone with the dealership--my Ram with 74K miles will be getting a new Cam Shaft, courtesy of Mopar extended warranty, thankfully. Apparently, the lifters are fine--which does strike me as odd. But, they went so far as to talk me out of paying for lifters out of pocket.

For inquiring minds; I've been running Redline 5w30 consistently for the last three changes or 15K miles. Prior to that I consistently ran Mobil1 or PYB 5w20 with a short infatuation with Amsoil 5w20.

Did you have the tick before you switched to Redline?