Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd trust it, but then again with the new synthetic media "super filters", are they really necessary?

Right, I would most likely run a single filter kit if I went that route mainly to make changes faster.

I was reading a post (on here I think) of someone who had a failure while driving. I know there's different kits with different qualities so I gotta look more into this.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right, I would most likely run a single filter kit if I went that route mainly to make changes faster.

I was reading a post (on here I think) of someone who had a failure while driving. I know there's different kits with different qualities so I gotta look more into this.
It doesn't surprise me, a relocation kit adds hoses and connections that are potential failure points.

While I like the convenience and added filter options I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet...

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I was looking into them but since covid came about, I'm not driving nearly as much. Looks like I might be down to one oil change a year. At that rate I would probably leave it stock. For some reason I don't trust it. I know guys run it without problem but in my mind, I don't want to be in a remote spot hunting or fishing and have an issue.
I haven’t done one either because I don’t trust them either. Just one more thing to fail.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I haven’t done one either because I don’t trust them either. Just one more thing to fail.

Yes.

I don't find changing the filter problematic.

The design that is off is the drain hole. It is a large rectangular shape so the oil drips all over the place from a high place.

A smaller round hole would help to better direct the oil into the oil pan.

I have the below. I put a large funnel in it and I can drain the oil directly from the oil pan and filter into it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-11849-FloTool-Dispos-Oil-Recycle/dp/B0014FKI1Q

I have a 6.4. I don't know if the 5.7 has the height for it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Remote filters are common in the Semi Truck world,and last several hundred thousand miles with no issues.
If you use quality reinforced hoses,and a decent remote kit,you shouldn't have any issues during the life of the truck.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, but that's like only one year in a rig, lol. I used to do 75,000 to a 100k miles a year, and I know many many guys who do more, my buddy does at least 150 more miles then I did everyday. Yes those bypass setups can actually extend the life of an engine, which I'm not sure a gas relocate kit will, even if it is double filter. It might, but a bypass filter is the real deal. I still trust the setup of relocate and they are cool, but I don't really know what the big deal is, changing the filter isn't that hard imo.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Big engines like the 3,000hp+ I worked on in the powergen industry always use a combination of full flow & bypass oil filters - in the OEM design. Adding one on to an engine that gets used in other types of applications as well is perfectly legit and has great benefit for long haul use.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We know the psi doesn't change thanks to 69, but our sumps don't carry near enough oil to hold tbn for long haul use. Those bypass setups can go many many miles, even with tbn boosters the oil will be clean to make the juice worth the squeeze. With acid build up in a small sump of 7 quarts, it makes more sense financial and other just to change the oil more often like at 10k miles.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
ha, that's funny is a tragic type of way. Knock it off guys.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Another perspective on lifter failures. Interesting what he says about the 6.4s.....

Well this is reassuring LoL. Thanks Corey. Glad we use good oil and change it often. But this kinda **** makes me want that 6.6 Push Rod V8 in the new Chevy.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Another perspective on lifter failures. Interesting what he says about the 6.4s.....

Well this is reassuring LoL. Thanks Corey. Glad we use good oil and change it often. But this kinda **** makes me want that 6.6 Push Rod V8 in the new Chevy.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That moment when you had 8 quarts of schaeffers 9000 5w20 ready to go for your oil change this weekend and somehow 5 quarts were stolen from me. First time buying fancy expensive oil and this happens just my luck. Now who did it? Lol

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Another good lifter video

good info on mopar part number stamp, but I'm pretty sure we have oem lifters and they are ticking? Funny about some of the execution of the designs? I like this video Corey good find, you gonna try those lifters, which ones? Stock non mds hellcat lifters, so fca had the answer all along but just didnt use it?

When Corey finds a video they are must watch tv.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Wait a cotton pick'n minute here, are you telling me a dude that works for fca and on hemi's every single day is telling you there is a problem with the hemi? Nah. To many people on the forum says there isn't, he MUST be mistaken.