Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.7%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 997 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 663 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ft Jackson SC, Squad named ourselves fantastic 4, lol. What can I say it was the 80's.

bbb as a lad

fire day a while back with 20 local firefighters, yup she's a 50, that is a big deal here in CA cause the commies banned dum.

Another deal on Redline, a dollar more but ships free over 50 dollar order. perfect for guys wanting 7 qrts, just at 11 bucks a qt.

gotta love ebay?

0w5, I had no idea they made this.

Last edited:

No_bogies

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, I am going to add oil to my list of topics to avoid discussing in a social setting. People appear to be polarized and passionate about their oil. Politics, religion, and oil, but not necessarily in that order....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
LOL !
I've paid $45 & $47 per gallon from Jegs and they give you free shipping for only $100.00 per order as opposed to $150 from Redline.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I shop between jegs and Amazon as well. Jegs rocks.

Because it's easy to spend over $100 on redline oil to get the free shipping:roflsquared:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow, I am going to add oil to my list of topics to avoid discussing in a social setting. People appear to be polarized and passionate about their oil. Politics, religion, and oil, but not necessarily in that order....

By :wave::wave::wave:

Thanks to ALL of you Veterans.

Without you and the 2nd Amendment we're a Nation of rock throwers.

I have a "Football Boycott" thread in the lounge.........

:patriot:

We all know the real America, and it is better then the NFL. Done with football after being a fan for 30 plus, just don't care about these **** piles.

Jegs is good, but guys gotta use the ebay thing. They got some major stores and the prices can't be beat.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Gonna put this out there, I am on a Ford board and asked about ecoboost and lspi, so far these guys say not an issue at all for all of them. Now, they do add a life expectancy of forced induction shorter due to the high pressures, but they all are satisfied. Funny this is w/o messing up the oil specs. I wonder if the new specs will make it worse or better. In the interest of keeping it 100, I toss that out there. Still wont catch me in one, but maybe not a huge issue. it sure is a huge issue for the oil companies though.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Gonna put this out there, I am on a Ford board and asked about ecoboost and lspi, so far these guys say not an issue at all for all of them. Now, they do add a life expectancy of forced induction shorter due to the high pressures, but they all are satisfied. Funny this is w/o messing up the oil specs. I wonder if the new specs will make it worse or better. In the interest of keeping it 100, I toss that out there. Still wont catch me in one, but maybe not a huge issue. it sure is a huge issue for the oil companies though.

I had mentioned before That i leased one for three years and ran the **** out of it with no issues. A 2013 3.5 ecoboost.

My buddy has also been running eco-boost engine's since 2013. He's on his second one now. He runs them just as hard as I did , like a race car. .... (all leases). Not a single issue. He has is just become interested in oil and started reading about the possible issues with it. Decided to not worry about it since he's never had a problem.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What weight oil are they running in the eco boost? I'm still not convinced that the 5/20 spec is not part of our problem. Maybe you can get by with running redline 5/20 but the others just won't cut it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What weight oil are they running in the eco boost? I'm still not convinced that the 5/20 spec is not part of our problem. Maybe you can get by with running redline 5/20 but the others just won't cut it.

I think it callled for 5w20.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if I read it or just perceived it but I thought that GM was the one pushing the LSPI issue, and it's not that it's a problem right now but will be a problem when they tweek up their computer controls.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

your welcome to "chat" in this "social setting" about oil. this is a topic we still like over 1000 pages in.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

and guns, you forgot guns.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
your welcome to "chat" in this "social setting" about oil. this is a topic we still like over 1000 pages in.

very true. you will politely be given other peoples thoughts and why they are running what they run. what you won't get, is to be told what YOU should do. pretty decent folk on this thread.

Reactions: U&A

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been doing some reading on redline oil. The 5/20 that's recommended for our 5.7 is not Dexos1 rated. Now the 5/30 is so even if redline decides to update the 5/30 to Dexos1 Gen2 could there be a possibility that they will leave the 5/20 alone?