Teraflex adjustable rear control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
I made a post in a Facebook group but I think this info might be useful for others.
So I installed Teraflex Alpine IR control arms on my 2014 RAM1500 and would like to share my expereince and thoughts.
I know many Ram owners installed Core4x4, but I was looking for really tough control arms with rubber bushing. This keeps noise out of your cabin and provides more comfortable ride.
In one of the Facebook groups I red a post of a guy who installed Jeep Gladiator rear control arms. I was searching for the best option and found Teraflex
is making durable adjustable control arms for Jeep Gladiator and they looks really tough. They have two types of the bushings: the regular one, that is still extremely reliable and the IR(Independent Rotation) bushing. I decided to buy an IR, coz seeing more opportunities for me personally with them. The IR bushing which doesn’t limit truck articulation, that is still extremely important for those with lifted trucks.
They shows how does it works in this video.
https://youtu.be/1IJO7Ajpyrs
Also, having an adjustable control arms allows to improve driveshaft angle towards the rear axle. Very useful option for those with lifted trucks. And of course, no wheel hops anymore.
Installed in 20 minutes. Those fits perfectly and looks beefy!
Teraflex provides lifetime warranty so that’s sounds pretty good also

Snapseed 2.jpg

Snapseed 3.jpg

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have run TF alpine adjustables on my jeeps. Make sure you put either anit-seize or blue lock tite on the bolts as they have a tendency to seize other wise.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta love the Jeep aftermarket in the RAM 1500 application.
You'll find my 1500 truck in Clayton FB page as i was literally the first person to run Gladiator rear control arms, not only that i run Gladiator 2.5" rear springs too :)
You'll find most of the rear arms available for the Gladiator in an excel spreadsheet i have with a bunch of chit related to our truck suspension. There are at least 15 different rear control arms AND panhards you can run from the Gladiator. I have the Teraflex ones listed in there.
From back in March 2020
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/4th-gen-1500-coilovers-struts-shocks-control-arms-trackbars.158811/

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Exactly they are!

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Exactly they are!

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
I have run TF alpine adjustables on my jeeps. Make sure you put either anit-seize or blue lock tite on the bolts as they have a tendency to seize other wise.

Those are IR independent rotiation. Should be ok, but I used blue locktite :)

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Gotta love the Jeep aftermarket in the RAM 1500 application.
You'll find my 1500 truck in Clayton FB page as i was literally the first person to run Gladiator rear control arms, not only that i run Gladiator 2.5" rear springs too :)
You'll find most of the rear arms available for the Gladiator in an excel spreadsheet i have with a bunch of chit related to our truck suspension. There are at least 15 different rear control arms AND panhards you can run from the Gladiator. I have the Teraflex ones listed in there.
From back in March 2020
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/4th-gen-1500-coilovers-struts-shocks-control-arms-trackbars.158811/
Thanks buddy! I believe I saw your post months ago:) I'm trying to get a rear track bar, but I have HD rear axle installed so this not sure Gladiators track bars will match my application.
Also, Having 6" lift kit and willing to add more comfort to the rear. Soooo...Teraflex has 3.5" lift triple rate coil springs for gladiator. Should those fit to replace BDS coils?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are IR independent rotiation. Should be ok, but I used blue locktite :)
I am talking about the bolts that go in the aluminum clamps. They use the same clamps. also put some anti-sieze on the factory bolts as I have had them seize and it is a beetch pounding them out. I have installed a lot TF kits.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also i believe with those TF arms you can adjust them while mounted correct?
I
Thanks buddy! I believe I saw your post months ago:) I'm trying to get a rear track bar, but I have HD rear axle installed so this not sure Gladiators track bars will match my application.
Also, Having 6" lift kit and willing to add more comfort to the rear. Soooo...Teraflex has 3.5" lift triple rate coil springs for gladiator. Should those fit to replace BDS coils?
You have a 2500 rear axle in your 1500? Damn :)

Order them an check. Worst case you can always return them. I talked to Clayton about it I told them in pictures their springs seemed similar to my Icons and I wanted to give them a try on my truck. Guys were like for sure go for it and if you have to return cause they didn't fit we won't charge you a restock fee .

Clayton Gladiator rear springs are a little wider than the 1500 ones at the top. Fit the lower seat like a glove. Fit the upper seat as well but you want to make sure the spring is placed evenly in the upper isolator. It's a tight fit but everything fits as it should. Clayton coils are also a tad thicker compared to the stockers so there is a lot more weight support and they're progressive and so on a truck without the 500lbs of weigh I have in my truck bed i'll expect their full 2.5" maybe a tad more lift. I'll post their length next I need to find what they were. They have more spring rate than the BDS ones.

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Also i believe with those TF arms you can adjust them while mounted correct?
I

You have a 2500 rear axle in your 1500? Damn :)

Order them an check. Worst case you can always return them. I talked to Clayton about it I told them in pictures their springs seemed similar to my Icons and I wanted to give them a try on my truck. Guys were like for sure go for it and if you have to return cause they didn't fit we won't charge you a restock fee .

Clayton Gladiator rear springs are a little wider than the 1500 ones at the top. Fit the lower seat like a glove. Fit the upper seat as well but you want to make sure the spring is placed evenly in the upper isolator. It's a tight fit but everything fits as it should. Clayton coils are also a tad thicker compared to the stockers so there is a lot more weight support and they're progressive and so on a truck without the 500lbs of weigh I have in my truck bed i'll expect their full 2.5" maybe a tad more lift. I'll post their length next I need to find what they were. They have more spring rate than the BDS ones.

Yep, having 2500 Power wagon rear axle with factory 4.56 and e-locker. so 5 lugs in the front and 8 lugs in the rear now. And no issues with gears wearing anymore:))
Not so easy to return the parts as I’m from Russia, so shipping those overseas forth and back is unreasonable:))
As for the springs, is it reasonable to buy Gladiator upper isolator to fit the springs better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, having 2500 Power wagon rear axle with factory 4.56 and e-locker. so 5 lugs in the front and 8 lugs in the rear now. And no issues with gears wearing anymore:))
Not so easy to return the parts as I’m from Russia, so shipping those overseas forth and back is unreasonable:))
As for the springs, is it reasonable to buy Gladiator upper isolator to fit the springs better?

That's freaking awesome, do you have pics, built thread ? i'd love to see that beast.
Don't know if the Gladiator upper isolator will fit.

Here are the specs on the coils
Clayton:
Clayton offroad rear COR-1510251 2.5", 21.5" free lenght, Progressive rates: 159lbs 1st, 280lbs (35% stiffer) 2nd, 360lbs (75% stiffer) 3rd

BDS:
BDS rear 034453R 3", 20.875" free lenght, Linear rate 240lbs/inch (16% stiffer)

OP
OP
Pmexpert

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
That's freaking awesome, do you have pics, built thread ? i'd love to see that beast.
Don't know if the Gladiator upper isolator will fit.

Here are the specs on the coils
Clayton:
Clayton offroad rear COR-1510251 2.5", 21.5" free lenght, Progressive rates: 159lbs 1st, 280lbs (35% stiffer) 2nd, 360lbs (75% stiffer) 3rd

BDS:
BDS rear 034453R 3", 20.875" free lenght, Linear rate 240lbs/inch (16% stiffer)

Made a Topic last year :))

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?...RAM-1500.140064/&share_type=t&link_source=app

I see photos are not available anymore so will send them to you personally:)