The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Add me to the list I just placed my order for my 17 sport.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Maybe we need to make a list of who has this, on what type of vehicle, and which setting as a sticky ?120bf2cd14c1d6edbd3738ffaa59f86a.jpg

F.O.F

Loud_And_Proud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 14' express 5.7 6 speed with 35's and my gf has a 14' 5.7 8 speed and her throttle response is so much better than mine. This PC hype has got me thinking....my truck is so sluggish off the line

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don't think, pick up your credit card, order this and enjoy your vehicle for how it should have been from the factory. :)

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow. Ive been wanting one of these for a while now but was hesitant due to the price. Also didnt want to hear the wife complaining, so i told her I was getting this for my birthday. Best present ever! Installed it and decided to take a quick trip to the hardware store. Ended up driving all around town. I only tried the sport mode so far. I liked it so much I never changed it. I mean, it seems to make the hemi feel like a beast! As soon as you even feather the gas, you seem to feel the instant torque. For me, I always felt like these motors have plenty of power and didn't really need all of the add on's. This is one accessory that I think is money well spent. I curious as to what this is going to do to my gas mileage though. I also could see how some may need to change the setting for stop and go traffic. Very impressed so far! Thanks for being the guinea pig drkness! Oh and 2016 ram 1500 with 3.21.

Attachments

• IMG_2219.jpg
    IMG_2219.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm glad to have been of help and again I wish there were a way to do this as a sticky your help new Ram owners. :)

andycuracao

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All - i have a 2012 SLT 4.7. I went through a bunch of posts and noticed only comments from people with a 5.7. Does this PC have the same wow-factor for the 4.7 owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like some information on the 4.7 as well. Moab Rockstar stated earlier in this thread, that in reality there is no lag built into the throttle, and all the PC does is add more tip in. I still have to disagree. Yesterday, I did a test on my 2008 4.7, while sitting in the driveway. The truck was idling in Park, and I would stab the throttle all the way to the floor and then let off just as fast. I could touch the floor and back in under a second. My engine would not even rev until my foot was off the pedal. So the reality is, I can slam the throttle, and then release the throttle fully, before the motor even responds.

Can those of you with the PC try this test in your driveway? I would like to know the results.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
As others have asked, does this reduce the fuel mileage? Does it make much difference when towing?

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As others have asked, does this reduce the fuel mileage? Does it make much difference when towing?
No change in gas mileage as long as you behave. ;)
I towed our boat this weekend without any issues.
It's a 20ft inboard, so not overly heavy and I kept the Pedal Commander turned on.
(My setting is sport & 2 clicks down).
You just need to be very gentle when accelerating from a stop.
But you could always turn the PC off for towing.

Irishfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
Hemi
If you've got a custom tune already is this just duplicating efforts?

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I have my truck in the shop getting a new compressor and expansion valve installed.

The shop manager called me back to ask me what I'd done to the truck. He said he owns a Durango with the 5.7L and didn't know why my throttle response was instant and much more fun to drive. One more endorsement. lol

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Peddle Commander Review... let me tell you first about my truck; 2013 5.7 65RFE tyranny, 410, LSD and 93 can tune.
This is not a tuner, not throttle boost, not throttle up shift, not a custom tune... it's Better!!!! It's better off the line, better at highway speed, better at WOT, and if you go manual and drop it into 1st Hang On, better up hill, better passing, It's BETTER.... If I had to use 1 word to describe my truck, AGGRESSIVE.. THIS THING WILL get in your face, growl at you, show you it's teeth, and if you want to throw Let's Throw... You want to race? Let's race!!!! Mustangs, Camero, Rams, cheveys, vetts, 1972 Chevy C10 with a 454? Bring it on.... Win lose or draw it doesn't care, it will eat your lunch anyway.
When I got home I looked into the rear view mirror and seen the same old eyes, but had the smile of a young 5 year old kid that just got his favorite Christmas present. I've been pacing around the house in disbelief, I've been saying for years my 410`s just Don't feel like 410`s. Not anymore, so crisp, so responsive I'm so Happy, my truck is brand new, never did I think it could be this good. I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow.
If I had to choose between my Diablo T1000 and my PC, Peddle Commander all day long my friends. That is No Lie.......

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've pretty much read this thread from start to finish, and there are posts that make it sound like Pedal Commander will make your truck faster, more powerful, badass, and etc., however, if I understand correctly, it does not affect the engine torque and horsepower. It basically makes the throttle react faster to your inputs allowing you to get into your engine power quicker. Correct? I'm having difficulty with grasping the concept of accelerating harder, but I'm thinking you'll be faster "off the line" or something like that? I'm not asking to be a jerk, but I want to make sure my expectations are correct before I jump in with a Pedal Commander order.

I recently received my new 2017 6.4L Hemi and, although it is a very solid engine and has a really good torque curve, it does not feel like it reacts as quickly to my pedal input as my older RAM. My 2004 5.7L Hemi felt like it reacted almost instantly allowing me to smoke the tires or fishtail almost any time I want. Seems like the new truck has a slight delay at relaying input to the throttle, and I can see how this may affect burn outs (by "easing" into the throttle). From what I am reading, it seems like Pedal Commander will decrease the delay to my throttle.

For the record though, since my truck is about 2 weeks old now, I have not attempted to smoke the tires, despite how hard I want to. I'm really trying to break my truck in the right way. :baby:
Plus, traction control will put a damper on it I bet, and I hear that you cannot really disable it.

Cheers.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not sure how much better my response could be. My '14 R/T is already a monster with all the bolt ons and Hemifever tune. I virtually have no lag, anytime.

Anyone with full or almost full bolt-ons WITH custom tune running this device? 8-speed guys?

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've pretty much read this thread from start to finish, and there are posts that make it sound like Pedal Commander will make your truck faster, more powerful, badass, and etc., however, if I understand correctly, it does not affect the engine torque and horsepower. It basically makes the throttle react faster to your inputs allowing you to get into your engine power quicker. Correct? I'm having difficulty with grasping the concept of accelerating harder, but I'm thinking you'll be faster "off the line" or something like that? I'm not asking to be a jerk, but I want to make sure my expectations are correct before I jump in with a Pedal Commander order.

I recently received my new 2017 6.4L Hemi and, although it is a very solid engine and has a really good torque curve, it does not feel like it reacts as quickly to my pedal input as my older RAM. My 2004 5.7L Hemi felt like it reacted almost instantly allowing me to smoke the tires or fishtail almost any time I want. Seems like the new truck has a slight delay at relaying input to the throttle, and I can see how this may affect burn outs (by "easing" into the throttle). From what I am reading, it seems like Pedal Commander will decrease the delay to my throttle.

For the record though, since my truck is about 2 weeks old now, I have not attempted to smoke the tires, despite how hard I want to. I'm really trying to break my truck in the right way. :baby:
Plus, traction control will put a damper on it I bet, and I hear that you cannot really disable it.

Cheers.

you are right, it doesnt make the truck any faster. in my case atleast the lag in throttle response makes the truck feel slow with the pedal commander the truck responds faster to throttle, drops gears in a more responsive manner.
check this scenario,
I'm in the Laramie and on the highway cruising doing 45mph (this in its own right is a dead zone with the truck) i step on the pedal to pass its a couple of seconds before i get up to speed and be able to pass.
with the pedal commander the truck downshifts immediately upon pushing the go pedal and i start to move.
its these couple of seconds that make the truck feel "faster".

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
if I understand correctly, it does not affect the engine torque and horsepower. It basically makes the throttle react faster to your inputs allowing you to get into your engine power quicker. Correct?

Yup, that is what it does (better description is it makes the engine respond to throttle input faster) but it doesn't do it for free. The cost will be your gas mileage.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Started reading this thread and had ordered one by page 3. :happy107:

Now to see how quickly it can get here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads