Thinking about switching to Dodge from FORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I came from a 2010 F150 to a 2017 Ram longhorn. The ride and power of the ram is better but the fit and finish wasn't as nice as the Ford. The electronics inside my truck was created by someone that has no clue about ergonomics and usability. I'm so disappointed with the Rams NaV. 90c837f2323d7ebf69af1708e8edf3cc.jpg

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I came from a 2010 F150 to a 2017 Ram longhorn. The ride and power of the ram is better but the fit and finish wasn't as nice as the Ford. The electronics inside my truck was created by someone that has no clue about ergonomics and usability. I'm so disappointed with the Rams NaV. ]

I can kinda see some of what your saying, seeing as I run a Ford store in Tampa FL. I do think the Rams interior is a lot more friendly than that F-150, as well have you used the navigation. The Rams navigation is superior to any Ford system out there. Again I pay my bills to sell Fords and I know whats better and whats worse.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
not to jack the thread,but if you think the ram nav is bad,wait till you try the mazda,talk about a pos.i hate using the wifes so much,i use google maps on my android instead.

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I can kinda see some of what your saying, seeing as I run a Ford store in Tampa FL. I do think the Rams interior is a lot more friendly than that F-150, as well have you used the navigation. The Rams navigation is superior to any Ford system out there. Again I pay my bills to sell Fords and I know whats better and whats worse.

Where are all the 12v outlets? Mine has one in the front of the cab. It's placed under where the weird device they have to set your phone at. So a radar detectors wire has to go into the slot as seen in the picture. Then the big center console has no 12v outlets. It does have 1 USB charging port. Inside the center console. Yes, one on a 55k truck. Then not plugs at all inside the deep well of the center console. As for the navigation, it's very un user friendly compared to the Ford or any other the portable devices. I'm just saying the electronics are horrible. The ride and drive is outstanding. I use a lot of 12v and USB. So that may not bother you.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I came from a 2010 F150 to a 2017 Ram longhorn. The ride and power of the ram is better but the fit and finish wasn't as nice as the Ford. The electronics inside my truck was created by someone that has no clue about ergonomics and usability. I'm so disappointed with the Rams NaV. 90c837f2323d7ebf69af1708e8edf3cc.jpg

Oh my god the nav system in the Ram is a joke I'm shocked TomTom put their name on it..

Galadaeros

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Sport ~ Copperhead Edition
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I too left behind a 2015 F-150 for a number of reasons, not the least of which was the attitude of my local "dis-service" department.

I picked up a 2017 Copperhead Sport and could not be happier. I got SO much more truck for the money. An equally equipped Ford would have fetched a much higher price than what I paid.

I find the seats much more comfortable, I prefer the ride and handling of my Ram, the interior feels (to me) to be more refined and the Hemi is responsive (with MDS turned off) when I get on the pedal.

I do not have the "tick" nor do I have random rattles, squeaks or other problems that seem to plague other owners. The only issue I've had was handled immediately under warranty and done properly.

I would not hesitate to make the switch to Dodge. Good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
S

Salt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you everyone again for the input. Seriously much more helpful than people on the Ford forum. It's unreal how much info I have gotten on here!

As for the USB, I did find it a little disappointing that there was only 1 USB port that is inside the console. My Ford has 2 right in front.

I think another thing I will miss is the auto start/stop feature when I'm stopped at a long red light. Is this an option I can find in any of the Ram engines?

Veritas726

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can not give an opinion on Fords, but I love my RAM. 2014 with 40k plus and never had an issue. I can however say that HB is a great dealership and by far the cheapest around in so cal. That’s where I bought my Ram and my 2017 challenger. Only thing is because of their big dealer discount, they low ball trades and don’t negotiate sales price much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Salt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can not give an opinion on Fords, but I love my RAM. 2014 with 40k plus and never had an issue. I can however say that HB is a great dealership and by far the cheapest around in so cal. That’s where I bought my Ram and my 2017 challenger. Only thing is because of their big dealer discount, they low ball trades and don’t negotiate sales price much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats where I went to check out the truck I am considering. Yea they definitely have a good dealer discount but you're right, they are pretty stern on no negotiating at all.

I don't know if this is a terrible game plan or not because this will be only my 2nd vehicle purchase so maybe you guys can give me your input;

When I leased my Ford, I put $8500 down (mistake on my part to put such a high downpayment) to lease a $42k truck. 1 month into the lease, I checked my buyout price and it was $30k. I believe this price is based on the fair market value of the truck (correct me if I'm wrong)

With that being said,

Would it be a bad idea to lease the Ram truck, put $0 down (which they told me was an option) and hope that the buyout price in a month is pretty low like the Ford was and just buy it after a month?

My logic on this may be completely flawed so any input to get the lowest price would be appreciated!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
just walk into any auto parts store and you can get any sort of usb/12v/plug/inverter combo or adapter you could possibly want.no matter where or what type that ram, or any manufacturer for that matter,installs it won't satisfy.i have several types in the top glove box.no issue.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I drove our company truck today , Ford F150 with the 2.7 and will say it's a spunky little motor.
I dont feel like it would out run my Ram it would not spin a tire for nothing but once it got moving it did scoot right along for sure.
Did not like the auto stop/start feature at all and would not have it on a truck I was buying just annoyed by it.